Around the Grounds | Page 50 | Vital Football

Around the Grounds

I saw on the news item about the Government bill to bring in a football regulator they were at Orient. Main thing caught my eye was they were training on their matchday pitch. Wasn’t sure if that was just for the media or a regular event.

I saw on the news item about the Government bill to bring in a football regulator they were at Orient. Main thing caught my eye was they were training on their matchday pitch. Wasn’t sure if that was just for the media or a regular event.
I think they usually train in Chigwell, so was maybe just for the cameras.

Wigan make yet another humungous loss - a club record £17.5m in 2022-23 financial year:

Making a record loss at a club where losses are the everyday norm is quite an achievement - they actually managed to lose £1.6m more than their turnover.

Wigan make yet another humungous loss - a club record £17.5m in 2022-23 financial year:

Making a record loss at a club where losses are the everyday norm is quite an achievement - they actually managed to lose £1.6m more than their turnover.
Maybe be the government can fix it.
Mount up regulators😂

Not really round the grounds, but loose connection to Wembley
Just reading about the Nike England shirt flag alteration.
Price for an 'authentic' adult shirt is £124.99

There is a cheaper 'stadium' version available apparently, for scum class at only £89.

Not on your nelly, avoid.

Spare a thought for Truro Town , have to play 13 games in 28 days due to waterlogged pitches. Their own ground is being rebuilt. The last three home games have been at Gloucester 195 miles away. Imagine if a Premier league team were in that position.

To be pedantically accurate (who, me?) they are Truro City.
Donny, MK & Wrexham all 2022 cities but no need to change football club names as per Swansea Town all those years ago According to Impshistorian book Lincoln lead the way for City teams (so none of this crap from fans of imposters playing in blue etc using just "City" and believing it could/should refer uniquely to them for financial waste reasons)

Just to supplement my own post, does anyone remember Wigan and their supporters blubbering their eyes out in 2021 and calling on the support of the football family to save their 'well-run' club? They almost went to the wall in 2021 with an incredible £46m debt and were saved almost at the last minute by new owners Phoenix 2021; MD Malachy Brannigan spoke of having to run the club sustainably and within budget.

Well, despite their own warnings and Brannigan's claim to be living within a tight budget, they lost £7.7m in 2021-22.

Adding the latest loss of £17.5m to that, Wigan have lost an astonishing £25.2m in two seasons since almost going to the wall.

Have they learnt nothing at all?

This is a club with an average gate of just 11,081 for that same two-year period which consisted of a League One title win plus a relegation season in the Championship.

Just to supplement my own post, does anyone remember Wigan and their supporters blubbering their eyes out in 2021 and calling on the support of the football family to save their 'well-run' club? They almost went to the wall in 2021 with an incredible £46m debt and were saved almost at the last minute by new owners Phoenix 2021; MD Malachy Brannigan spoke of having to run the club sustainably and within budget.

Well, despite their own warnings and Brannigan's claim to be living within a tight budget, they lost £7.7m in 2021-22.

Adding the latest loss of £17.5m to that, Wigan have lost an astonishing £25.2m in two seasons since almost going to the wall.

This is a club with an average gate of just 11,081 for that same two-year period which consisted of a League One title win plus a relegation season in the Championship.
Always was a rugby town, always will be.

At risk of repeating myself - kick 'em out.

Donny, MK & Wrexham all 2022 cities but no need to change football club names as per Swansea Town all those years ago According to Impshistorian book Lincoln lead the way for City teams (so none of this crap from fans of imposters playing in blue etc using just "City" and believing it could/should refer uniquely to them for financial waste reasons)

Admittedly not as long as Lincoln, but Truro has been a city since 1877 and the football club known as Truro City ever since they were formed in 1889.

I quite enjoyed this bit -

Lessons must be learnt from the past if we want to be sustainable for the future.

"If..."

I'm sure those lessons will be learnt, despite there being no signs to that effect so far...

Haven’t been listening to Radio Lincs, but looking at scores Knowles got a hat-trick for Boston. That’s not a hat-trick of hat-tricks is it?

Haven’t been listening to Radio Lincs, but looking at scores Knowles got a hat-trick for Boston. That’s not a hat-trick of hat-tricks is it?
No, he didnt score last week but got one the previous game. His strike partner scored hat tricks in the last 2 games but didn’t score today.