Around the Grounds | Page 48 | Vital Football

Around the Grounds

Torquay go into admin and are deducted ten points.

Meanwhile, Stockport are looking to redevelop Edgeley Park from 11k to 18k!
Dunno what's happened at Torquay. Johnson did a pretty decent job there and really should have got them back in the league during the covid season.

Edgeley Park - one of my favourite lower division grounds, hope they don't ruin it!

quite good timing for house, mitchell and draper to have a rest/recovery.

also, after the unbeaten transformation since the january 10 day break, what will skubala be doing now with all this time between the b.rovers and orient games.
Fly off to Dubai for warm weather training.

Financially stricken Reading sell their training ground to……. Wycombe!

Financially stricken Reading sell their training ground to……. Wycombe!

Strange that the reference is to Reading renting it back from Wycombe. Is that a short-term thing, just to the end of the season before Wycombe take residence, a ground-share, an income generation for Wycombe, or just a helping hand to a near-neighbour in their time of need?

Afraid I couldn't read the whole article, due to the pay wall, so I apologise if I missed something.

It's a bizarre move by Da Yong. Allegedly trying to sell the Club, but this has caused the main prospective purchasers to pull out. He's playing silly games by breaking up the assets. What a fiasco.

Also a bit odd that Wycombe are going for it as it's 23 miles from Wycombe on the other side of Reading. Would be a bit like us buying a training ground near Scunthorpe.

It cost more than £50 million only five years ago. Even if it sold for half that, where do Wycombe find that kind of money?

It's looking worrying for the Cowleys. They've been hit by bad luck: no home game in almost a month and no chance to build momentum. Their record isn't bad (but not good either): 1-6-2 with 6 of those 9 away. Meanwhile FGR are building momentum and reviving under an experienced manager . Colchester don't have an easy run in either (but then neither do Grimsby or FGR - I think Sutton will go).

They really need to get their game against Walsall on this weekend, and to be frank it is starting to look like a must win.
Not many goals up front with Hopper and Akinde!

Joe Taylor is still Colchesters top scorer despite leaving in January window. No one anywhere near him. It looks like our gain has been a massive loss for them.

Big match in Div 2 today Village Green v Sutton -on-Sea .If the Greens win, The Cowleys will be seriously worried.

What a game of football Wolves v Coventry was, proper cup tie, glad Coventry got the result in the end as they fully deserved it.