Around the Grounds | Vital Football

Around the Grounds

Luke Imp

Alert Team
Staff member
Thought I'd start a thread similar to the 'Ex-Imps Discussion' one where we can keep an eye on what's happening up and down the leagues.

To start with, Cardiff, who have apparently already cut their budget to the bones over the last two or three years, have to pay the balance on for Emiliano Sala.

Down at Southend, it's unsurprising to read that players and staff haven't been paid again, and their new training ground can't be irrigated because they aren't paying their water bills.

Thought I'd start a thread similar to the 'Ex-Imps Discussion' one where we can keep an eye on what's happening up and down the leagues.

To start with, Cardiff, who have apparently already cut their budget to the bones over the last two or three years, have to pay the balance on for Emiliano Sala.

Down at Southend, it's unsurprising to read that players and staff haven't been paid again, and their new training ground can't be irrigated because they aren't paying their water bills.

The Sala death must be one of the saddest, grubbiest individual events in the modern history of British football. It must have been nauseating for his family to see Cardiff and whoever the French team were, publicly squabbling over who were responsible for his transfer fee.

Wow, I didn't realise the band were still alive, let alone performing.

They basically ended in 1995 when Jerry Garcia died. There are a couple of the band members still alive, but The Grateful Dead don't exist anymore. This merch deal seems to have been set up with someone who runs a fan club of the band.

I would have thought insurance would cover the Emiliano Sala fee
The Sala death must be one of the saddest, grubbiest individual events in the modern history of British football. It must have been nauseating for his family to see Cardiff and whoever the French team were, publicly squabbling over who were responsible for his transfer fee.
I am surprised it was not covered by insurance. That normally covers "retired because of injury"

Seen training at Cheltenham -

Former Aston Villa midfielder Hayden Lindley, along with right wing-back Joe Starbuck, formerly of Sheffield United.

Posh's turnover jumped from around £7m to £18m after promotion to the Championship.

Southend players halt pre-season training due to non-payment of wages.