šŸ‘ØšŸ¼ā€šŸ’¼ Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread | Page 50 | Vital Football

šŸ‘ØšŸ¼ā€šŸ’¼ Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread

We've been there many times before though. In fact we were there only 2 seasons ago & we did it with a depleted squad compared to the squad he has at his disposal now. A full strength squad playing only one match per week.

I believe in building a squad on a solid foundation. How's that working out for us at the moment?
I think it's working out great, personally.

All very good points, and I think the 'new manager buzz' can play a big part of it, BUT I personally think that we're looking at this all too much through the eyes of Maureen and Cunte.

We want success NOW, but at what cost? Do we want a foundation of exciting football, with a young exciting squad and a manager who actually talks sense for once? Not riddles, not clichƩs, but a human being who actually has a bit of fucking sense that resonates with the fanbase of Spurs?

I do know that we can't keep flip flopping managers every 6 months and expecting to build a legacy. Klopp, Arteta and Pep all took time to refine their tactics. Ffs, Ange is AHEAD of where Klopp and Arteta were at this stage in their journeys with Arse and Liverpiss!

I think we need to stop thinking from game to game and look at the big picture here. We're going in the right direction, we just need to enjoy it because a future of Cunte type football could be a reality again one day...

We must appreciate that Ange is ahead of where those other managers were because the club was ahead when he took over. If you take Liverpool as an example, Rodgers had spurned a load of dosh on 6 or 7 players and then they lost Suarez / Coutinho etc. It was the management team around him and the backing of FSG/Henry that then elevated them.

I posted this yesterday.
In terms of numbers (in Euros) here is our spend vs money recouped (transfermarkt.co.uk).

19/20 - 150 vs 64
20/21 - 111 vs 13
21/22 - 96 vs 35
22/23 - 178 vs 39
23/24 - 272 vs 121

It's quite natural to make this all about Ange, just like we did with Klopp, Pep, Arteta etc but we should think about it as the bigger machine in any football club. If Ange is part of that machine and has had the benefit of the investment and fails, you just replace the part in the machine. Warranted, he'll probably need 2 full seasons for us to judge whether he has what is required.

To me this season is about AP learning what he has and building....next season he will be judged. (at least by me he will)

I hope we can ALL accept that progress is not always linear.

Like it or not, we only have to look at our near neighbours to realise that.

Improving, progressive, entertaining football will be my benchmark, then when we tick all those boxes, I'll enjoy spending my money to finally see some silverware, which I think will be within our grasp.

Last edited:
I hope we can ALL accept that progress is not always linear.

Like it or not, we only have to look at our near neighbours to realise that.

Improving, progressive, entertaining football will be my benchmark, then when we tick all those boxes, I'll enjoy spending my money to finally see home some silverware, which I think will be within our grasp.

To be fair 'judgement' doesn't have to mean the FINAL judgement. But he will be graded differently and I think rightfully so.

Not sure where to lodge this, but thought this would be a good-as-any spot, so here goes.....
Have just knocked-back a complimentary ticket to the Spurs v Magpies game in Melbourne, which includes the opportunity to enter the dressing room and meet the team.
That may distress some of you but I cannot justify driving 1,815km (round trip) plus motel cost to watch a bunch of individual eager professional footballers playing ad/hoc, kamikaze football, under the direction of an enthusiastic wanna-be.

A number of people are fully behind him & that is good to see. He is an instantly likeable fella who doesn't seem to beat around the bush. I like that side to him, he comes across as an authentic character.

My beef is with his style of football. Yeah i know it's exciting but it's more than a bit out there. There's no solid foundation on which to build his team around. It's perplexing to hear people say we're going places & we must remain patient. What they don't ask is how is he going to fix these massive issues we now face. I'm a positive guy but i'm also grounded in reality, so excuse my grumblings on this topic but i just don't view him as a long term option that can take us to the next level.

A number of people are fully behind him & that is good to see. He is an instantly likeable fella who doesn't seem to beat around the bush. I like that side to him, he comes across as an authentic character.

My beef is with his style of football. Yeah i know it's exciting but it's more than a bit out there. There's no solid foundation on which to build his team around. It's perplexing to hear people say we're going places & we must remain patient. What they don't ask is how is he going to fix these massive issues we now face. I'm a positive guy but i'm also grounded in reality, so excuse my grumblings on this topic but i just don't view him as a long term option that can take us to the next level.
OK, well what choice do we have? Either back him, or sit around whinging? It's pointless, football is meant to be entertainment, not geopolitics.

I think we'll know when Ange is struggling to be at the club when he starts talking in riddles at the pressers :LOL:
It's a difficult position to be in. Millions of people are analysing your every word, any discrepancies are instantly published and blown up on a mass scale.

How hard is it to do a simple presentation in a room with 5 yawning colleagues who will have no say whatsoever on your future? Magnify that by a million, I don't know how they do it!

Not sure where to lodge this, but thought this would be a good-as-any spot, so here goes.....
Have just knocked-back a complimentary ticket to the Spurs v Magpies game in Melbourne, which includes the opportunity to enter the dressing room and meet the team.
That may distress some of you but I cannot justify driving 1,815km (round trip) plus motel cost to watch a bunch of individual eager professional footballers playing ad/hoc, kamikaze football, under the direction of an enthusiastic wanna-be.
Shame you couldnā€™t have got tickets to get into the Spurs Changing room , Fevvers .

That would have made the trip worthwhile for you .
:bow::wahey:

The guy is a breath of fresh air .

Love him or dislike him , he has us playing football that didnā€™t exist during the last few seasons . He has us on the proverbial rollercoaster at the moment , but it is a million per cent more enjoyable than under the last merry go round we had when we endured going through five seasons where the coach/ manager didnā€™t last a complete season .
Poch , Mourhino, Mason , Conte , Mason , Stellini , have I forgotten anybody ? Oh yeah , Nuno . What a kin Joke .

The next time I will post on this thread will be at the end of next season , when I will be in a position to post my judgement , whatever weight that has , assuming of course he is still here .
Till then , until this bloke unravels the carnage all the others (above ) , with the help of the lone figure of Daniel Levy , bless him , inflicted upon us , he has my vote.
At the very least , I enjoy watching us play now .
We may not win every game , we may not play ā€œout of this worldly ā€œ every game , but we are going in the right direction in a lot of areas .
Coach , coaching staff, recruitment , Management , ā€¦

For me , itā€™s not the time to criticise.
Six other coaches/ managers are a testament to that .

Love him or dislike him , he has us playing football that didnā€™t exist during the last few seasons . He has us on the proverbial rollercoaster at the moment , but it is a million per cent more enjoyable than under the last merry go round we had when we endured going through five seasons where the coach/ manager didnā€™t last a complete season .
Poch , Mourhino, Mason , Conte , Mason , Stellini , have I forgotten anybody ? Oh yeah , Nuno . What a kin Joke .

The next time I will post on this thread will be at the end of next season , when I will be in a position to post my judgement , whatever weight that has , assuming of course he is still here .
Till then , until this bloke unravels the carnage all the others (above ) , with the help of the lone figure of Daniel Levy , bless him , inflicted upon us , he has my vote.
We may not win every game , we may not play ā€œout of this worldly ā€œ every game , but we are going in the right direction in a lot of areas .

Great post. I do think there's a section of fans that don't think that we should not tease apart some aspect of the football club. They just assume negativity. Ange currently fits into that bucket.

I have a curiosity whether Ange's approach will prevail in this league. He annoyed me with the Carabao team selection. He annoyed me when he got 1 point from 15 and wouldn't sub on the kids. The Fulham league result annoyed me because I didn't feel he had his players physically or mentally prepared for that game.

That's not bad. 3 annoyances in a season. That was about a week's worth for Jose and Conte :LOL:

OK, well what choice do we have? Either back him, or sit around whinging? It's pointless, football is meant to be entertainment, not geopolitics.
He's the underdog & for the time being remains the media's darling. That will soon change as come next season expectations will inevitably rise.

His football while easy on the eye still lacks substance. Until he addresses that he'll remain open to criticism. Personally i don't believe he'll survive the backlash. God, i do hope i'm proven wrong.

Are you talking about
That may distress some of you but I cannot justify driving 1,815km (round trip) plus motel cost to watch a bunch of individual eager professional footballers playing ad/hoc, kamikaze football, under the direction of an enthusiastic wanna-be

Are you talking about Newcastle Feevers mate.šŸ˜

Great well written post there Walt, am wiv you all the way. COYS