Andy Murray | Page 5 | Vital Football

Andy Murray

not sure that is possible Skeggy and Cameron hasn't talked about his faith in God whilst having his hands dripping with blood so....?!

The Fear - 8/7/2013 15:40

kefkat - 8/7/2013 13:57

Also have a look at your passport for anyone from England Scotland and Wales it says Great Britain Clive

As Clive's media agent I would direct the good lady to his previous response saying he isn't thick and he is more than aware that Scotland is in Great Britain.

So good 'we named it twice' oh wait a minute that was New York

The Fear - 8/7/2013 15:42

SKEGGY - 8/7/2013 15:29

Obviously Salmond got the response he craved! English people moaning

I just never got the memo when the English - like it or not the dominant force - got so sensitive.

When Henman was about, there were loads of St George Crosses.

I think Salmond is flawed in his arguments for independence and hope he loses the vote (I'm 90% sure at this stage he will) but I am very unsure as to why a Scott can't pull out a Scottish flag to celebrate a great Scott's achievements.

It's nothing to do with it being any colour flag.
It's totally against the protocol of the club to fly it from there.
A large proportion of the comments are from Scots.
Which I said in the beginning.
I actually support people being proud of their nation, even the French.
Salmond isn't a man of the people. Read a little about him.
His dealings with the banks, Donald Trump etc etc.

The Guardian (surprisingly....) getting a bit precious -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/shortcuts/2013/jul/08/virginia-wade-wimbledon-champion-tennis

By the way, well done, Mr Murray.

Suppose they should have said first male, it is a good point as Virginia Wade did fantastically.

Didn't realise it was against protocol trekker, but then Cameron acting like a fan and leaping up, punching the air and all that probably is as well

And no, I would hope the referendum vote will very much show Salmond isn't a man of the people.

Shame this thread is being used to talk about these people instead of Murray though.

BodyButter - 8/7/2013 16:45

ClivetheVillan - 9/7/2013 00:57

Murray is class so hey im all for him being classed as a brit tbh lol

Henman was a real disapointment i thought growing up he was the one but that faded but to see Murray turn into this superstar over the past few years is incredible, its as if he has upgraded his chip or something, can he become number one ranked i think so?

Perhaps Lance Armstrong's doctor is at a lose end these days?

LOL may well be BB lol

Don't our media heap so much pressure and tension on sports players over here to be successful, i feel sorry for Murray you could tell the pressure he was under at the end, our media need to stop this pressure on our sports men/women and just back them

One of the commentators said if Federrer had had the pressure that Murray has had at Wimbledon he doubts he would have won so many. Was an interesting point.

Now he's got that monkey off his back though.... he could go on and win more and more grand slams.

Well, there's a reason right there. Who allowed him to carry a primate whilst playing tennis?

I'm not a coach, but I'm pretty sure it will impede his service at the very least

The Fear - 9/7/2013 15:10

One of the commentators said if Federrer had had the pressure that Murray has had at Wimbledon he doubts he would have won so many. Was an interesting point.

Now he's got that monkey off his back though.... he could go on and win more and more grand slams.

What there was an actual monkey on his back? Abusing him and taunting him that he'd never won Wimbledon?

No, the pressure on all British players, well to be fair it has been mainly Henman then Murray, to win at Wimbledon. A lot of pressure and attention.

Now he's broken that, plus got his second grand slam, he could go on to get many more as there is no longer a doubt in his mind. Even after the first he could have started to think that was that but now two and against the Worlds Number 1, he can push on even more with greater belief.

If things go right, I think he could be No1 this year.