Andy Murray | Page 3 | Vital Football

Andy Murray

It appears to be untrue.

He donated £77k from winning Queens. Which is a fantastic gesture.

Agree Murray is an ACE bloke get it??

Although i think Murray is a brilliant bloke on and off the tennis court i do laff about when we see the headlines ''Britain has a Wimbledon champion'' as he is really scottish lol

I've read these boards for a while and the amount of stick he's had has had me in stitches, but credit where it is due, charitable and the first Brit, well done him! And Clive, Scotland is part of Britain, obviously missing from the school sylabus on Tata-ween.

ClivetheVillan - 8/7/2013 00:54

Agree Murray is an ACE bloke get it??

Although i think Murray is a brilliant bloke on and off the tennis court i do laff about when we see the headlines ''Britain has a Wimbledon champion'' as he is really scottish lol

Laugh all you like Clive but until you can show me a Scottish passport he is both British and Scottish, just like you are (I presume) both British and English.

Heck, we are all European too, it's both a nationality thing and a geographical thing. Even the Irish, although not British, are from the British Isles. Geography! Or is it not possible to be both English and a Brummie in your world of understanding?

Don't really care where he is from, he has done fantastically and that was a pretty one sided final against the World's number one.

Not to be sniffed at that performance!

To win 3-0 was a brilliant effort and he showed a fair amount of bottle at certain time but he was far too good.

Alex Salmond getting the Scottish flag out at the end was very crass though.

Pratt

I thought that too Dennis - Salmond made himself look very unprofessional doing that. Cameron looked and acted as a PM should do, cool and calm but also enthusiastic, passionate and delighted with the victory.

I havent heard about Murray donating his Wimbledon prize to charity, but I did hear he did so with his US Open winnings, so it wouldnt suprise me.

The bloke is a saint. He spends so much time doing charity stuff and with his fans I'm suprised he has time to train enough to get the succes he has.

A knighthood is surely in the bag, and the should stop the betting on sports personality of the year.

His missus has a weird face.

Though I'm not sure I'm in a position to really comment.

James06 - 8/7/2013 10:05

I thought that too Dennis - Salmond made himself look very unprofessional doing that. Cameron looked and acted as a PM should do, cool and calm but also enthusiastic, passionate and delighted with the victory.

I havent heard about Murray donating his Wimbledon prize to charity, but I did hear he did so with his US Open winnings, so it wouldnt suprise me.

The bloke is a saint. He spends so much time doing charity stuff and with his fans I'm suprised he has time to train enough to get the succes he has.

A knighthood is surely in the bag, and the should stop the betting on sports personality of the year.

The donation thing is a twitter falsehood.

He donated the money from winning Queens. Not the US open or Wimbledon.
Still a fantastic gesture

Cameron was jumping up and down and fist in the air etc. That isn't cool and calm (and I'm not saying he should be)

As for Salmond. He is Scottish. Murray is Scottish. They have the Scottish flag.

Where the hecking nora is the problem?

A hell of an achievement Murray as a fair skinned borderline ginger staying in the sun for nearly 4 hours is incredible.

Cameron is a twat Salmond is a twat both hate working class English people though

The Fear - 8/7/2013 10:45

Cameron was jumping up and down and fist in the air etc. That isn't cool and calm (and I'm not saying he should be)

As for Salmond. He is Scottish. Murray is Scottish. They have the Scottish flag.

Where the hecking nora is the problem?

No problem with him being Scottish , just the fact that it was a pre-meditated publicity stunt that irritared me.

+1.
And reading many Scottish reactions its being seen as a crass attempt to hijack his victory for the independence vote.

JamTomorrow - 8/7/2013 02:45

I've read these boards for a while and the amount of stick he's had has had me in stitches, but credit where it is due, charitable and the first Brit, well done him! And Clive, Scotland is part of Britain, obviously missing from the school sylabus on Tata-ween.
Erm ok so if one day Scotland won the world cup we would all be singing and dancing in England Wales and Northern Ireland? It hink not neither would the Scots be celebrating us English winning anything of note either i assure you that much this is my point and no im not thick i do know where Scotland is as i have a Scottish uncle and family up there :14:

BTW On the previous page i did not and was not mocking Murray, i said he was a top bloke on and off the tennis court, and i said i was laughing at so many people classing Scottish sportsmen like Chris Hoy Murray as Brittish when my point being as in football or cricket etc that would never happan am i really that wrong?

But the football teams are split by country, so no, you'd not call them British, apart from the Olympics team.

Cricket, again, by country.

Murray doesn't play to be British or for / to be Scottish, he plays for himself, but he is the first British winner for 77 years. I get what you are saying Clive, (don't really care anyway re: where he is from to be fair!) but no, think it perfectly fair him being called British because he is!

The lads in the England team are British as well, but they are playing for England!

ClivetheVillan - 8/7/2013 13:14

BTW On the previous page i did not and was not mocking Murray, i said he was a top bloke on and off the tennis court, and i said i was laughing at so many people classing Scottish sportsmen like Chris Hoy Murray as Brittish when my point being as in football or cricket etc that would never happan am i really that wrong?

The point Clive is that he was playing as representing Great Britain not as Scottish. Just like the rugby was playing as The British and Irish Lions.

Football internationals don't play as Great Britain. Cricket neither as far as I know. Rugby play as separate countries and as Great Britain. The Tennis and Olympics play as a whole and Great Britain so that is the argument..