Andy Murray | Page 4 | Vital Football

Andy Murray

Also have a look at your passport for anyone from England Scotland and Wales it says Great Britain Clive

Whilst Tennis is an individual sport, you still get classified by you country (in Murray's case: Great Britain) Also, in the Davis Cup and the Olympics Andy Murray represents Great Britain.

In football (soccer) it's different, which is why as Englishmen it's okay to call Gareth Bale Monkey Face and whatever decent player Scotland might have one day, a sweaty sock.

kefkat - 8/7/2013 13:57

Also have a look at your passport for anyone from England Scotland and Wales it says Great Britain Clive

As Clive's media agent I would direct the good lady to his previous response saying he isn't thick and he is more than aware that Scotland is in Great Britain.

SKEGGY - 8/7/2013 15:29

Obviously Salmond got the response he craved! English people moaning

I just never got the memo when the English - like it or not the dominant force - got so sensitive.

When Henman was about, there were loads of St George Crosses.

I think Salmond is flawed in his arguments for independence and hope he loses the vote (I'm 90% sure at this stage he will) but I am very unsure as to why a Scott can't pull out a Scottish flag to celebrate a great Scott's achievements.

My passport says The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Salmond is an idiot and will probably be defeated in his aim, sadly.

Well I interpreted it as not celebrating Murrays win , more of exploiting a photo opportunity especially as he was sitting behind Cameron.

And Cameron has tried to be the man of the people, pumping his fist in the air, jumping up and down cheering and trying to look interested (not for the first time, he did it in that embarrassing photo watching the football, Chelsea v some German team or other!) with Obama.

Or, he might rightly suggest, he too was just excited, enjoying it and not thinking of the photos.

I guess as a public figure you will always get the negative association. Might be true, might not.

I am so balanced I could always be an official balancing man (official title)

And going on about is distracting even more from Andy Murrays fantastic achievement

I agree, think people are missing what an achievement it was for HIM (not his country, not Great Britain, he was playing for himself) beating the World Number 1 in straight sets (first time in 3 years he's lost in straight sets)

*straight sets is not an anti homosexual statement.

Murray is class so hey im all for him being classed as a brit tbh lol

Henman was a real disapointment i thought growing up he was the one but that faded but to see Murray turn into this superstar over the past few years is incredible, its as if he has upgraded his chip or something, can he become number one ranked i think so?

Cameron is the biggest plonker of them all. Its being reported that he will host Murray at no 10. All he is doing is wallowing in someones elses glory Plonker with a capital 'P'. What makes it worse is he claims to be a Villa supporter.

And if he wasnt at Wimbledon, or was but didnt react and sat miserably, or didnt acknowledge Murrays win, or didnt invite him round for tea etc... then he'd be criticised aswell.

Basically he's damned if he does and damned if he doesnt..... by some people.

ClivetheVillan - 9/7/2013 00:57

Murray is class so hey im all for him being classed as a brit tbh lol

Henman was a real disapointment i thought growing up he was the one but that faded but to see Murray turn into this superstar over the past few years is incredible, its as if he has upgraded his chip or something, can he become number one ranked i think so?

Perhaps Lance Armstrong's doctor is at a lose end these days?

James06 - 8/7/2013 16:06

And if he wasnt at Wimbledon, or was but didnt react and sat miserably, or didnt acknowledge Murrays win, or didnt invite him round for tea etc... then he'd be criticised aswell.

Basically he's damned if he does and damned if he doesnt..... by some people.

yup, that was my point sir!

this is another point :5:

:17:

oh and also, love him (or any other PM) or hate him, you can call me Dave had the right to be there, he is our PM until voters decide otherwise (that said, not sure they actually did decide last time either! :3: )