AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread

Perspective is we were appalling today. Appalling.

Reminder to everyone, this isn't the bigger picture thread, this is the match thread.

Today, not good enough, at all. Don't care if we beat Leicester, that was a different game. In fact, I'd have swapped that win for a win today!

Good point JF, Today we were rubbish and no amount of bigger picture or spin or what about the Leicester game can change the fact. We are a one-man team

See Mike I would have. Today wasn’t making up 3 points. It was a 6 pointer that we couldn’t make up. Plus we were dog shyte today with the players starting on their arses. We had a shot at Wembley and Arsenal tore out our arseholes.
Disagree, I can imagine the free for all if we'd gone second string against Leicester.

Again, we were dead and buried a month ago - don't get me wrong, today is disappointing as it was a chance to open a gap - but nothing says we can't make it up. A week ago DS had lost the dressing room and the players proved otherwise.

Couldn't today just have been another shit day at the office that we should expect this year?

The position we are in this year we can't win for losing - it needs perspective - and don't forget my after match rants in previous years, but this year needs different.

I don’t particularly want any others on here other than Villa fans 57 but his comments were pretty OTT...Tell him to go elsewhere if necessary but there’s a way to do it without being quite so derogatory!

I know, that's why they should be banned that's how trouble starts after games, one fan saying something when emotions are running high, it doesn't have to be much and bang.

Why not? Le tissier stayed at saints...
Anyway when we stay up next year we’ll be better 😃

Old romantic you. They'll make more money flogging him and Villa boy jack will be out of the door like a shot. For all of his supposed claret and blue blood Jack was very eager to leave for spurs not too long ago. There was a time when I was romantic about all of this too but those days are gone.

I can't knock him though he is playing out of his boots for us at the moment and did so yet again today. Sadly he is being asked to do far too much and is going to get injured before the end of the season. A flair player is not supposed to be used as a cart horse or a box to box grafter.

I can't imagine life down there again.

If we had a decent dof with decent scouts we would never have to contemplate life in the chumps again.
No and with FFP and without captain jack and a couple of others it could be toxic and Bruce all over again . Seriously don't think the rest of the squad would be up to the challenge.

I know, that's why they should be banned that's how trouble starts after games, one fan saying something when emotions are running high, it doesn't have to be much and bang.
No, that's where we should all remember we love the game we love and moderate ourselves and make jokes clear and stay away from pure insults (on all sides). Just as we do with ourselves and our wide variety of opinions.

Otherwise we turn into social media for the greater part and we only hear opinions/thoughts that we already agree with. An opinion you disagree with isn't less valid matey.

Pure trolls go quickly whatever the shirt they wear.

Old romantic you. They'll make more money flogging him and Villa boy jack will be out of the door like a shot. For all of his supposed claret and blue blood Jack was very eager to leave for spurs not too long ago. There was a time when I was romantic about all of this too but those days are gone.

I can't knock him though he is playing out of his boots for us at the moment and did so yet again today. Sadly he is being asked to do far too much and is going to get injured before the end of the season. A flair player is not supposed to be used as a cart horse or a box to box grafter.
No, just utter bollocks Bikini.

Jack himself spoke about taking time to adjust to the fact he was being sold when he didn't want leave, and then the adjustment he needed to make then when he wasn't being sold and he'd already begun thinking of London life and Champions League.

He was not eager to leave at all.

I do however agree with the rest, whether it's DS or Jack, somebody needs to tell him to not pass our halfway line.

We've won 7 games, seriously dude how many bounces do you think we've had?
Which is more than a couple of teams above us. Our problem is eeking out draws.

Again how many bounces - each month since August we were down, some didn't believe we'd win a game and bottom line - we're still outside the relegation zone and our aim this year is to achieve just that.

My forum, my rules, I'll say who has a place here.

I've already told you, DJ (and now others) to calm down. Or just switch off if you are at the point of telling fellow Villa fans to piss off.

Not having it, never have never will.

Deleted some posts. This place doesn't work like this and you all know that.

Don't ignore me when I say enough is enough.
If only dean smith talked as tough we might have a couple more points on the board. ..

No, just utter bollocks Bikini.

Jack himself spoke about taking time to adjust to the fact he was being sold when he didn't want leave, and then the adjustment he needed to make then when he wasn't being sold and he'd already begun thinking of London life and Champions League.

He was not eager to leave at all.

I do however agree with the rest, whether it's DS or Jack, somebody needs to tell him to not pass our halfway line.

Conjecture maybe but not complete bollocks. His public statements after the move broke down were just PR. There was no public statement from him during the talks saying "I'm going nowhere I love the club" etc(and rightly so). In fact he had been promised by Xia the previous summer that he could leave and when he was brought off against Hull he was hardly shedding any tears. He wanted out.

Look he deserves a big move and I'm way too old to be bothered about footballers leaving, I would like to see him go to Real Madrid or a club of that stature. When it happens I just hope it is handled correctly.

So here's my perspective on today:
Reina - inevitable that he'd get beaten by at least one shot that Nyland would've saved. Having said that, he was 100% hung out to dry on that rebound by Guilbert falling asleep and playing everyone onside and not a solitary Villa player reacting while they were like flies on :poop:
Giuibert - summed up the overall performance. He was bloody awful.
Mings - looked like Titus Bramble. Mistake after mistake defensively and between him and Hause, must have whacked the ball into Row Z a dozen times while attempting the long diagonal on a pitch that was the size of a postage stamp.
Hause - see above. You are not Franco Baresi son. You cannot ping 60 yard diagonal balls to wingers consistently, so please stop!
Luiz - I literally didn't even notice him until about 20 minutes into the game. After about 15 minutes I actually looked at the team sheet on my phone to confirm he was in the team. Completely invisible. Isn't he the one who is supposed to be getting the ball off the defenders and moving it forward?
Everybody else: See Guilbert.
Grealish did his best and was very unlucky with two of his attempts late in the first half. Having said that, he spent too much time today looking for fouls and remonstrating with anyone who would listen rather than getting on with the game. He needs to be reminded (shown video) from earlier in the season when he kept moving the game quickly with quick free-kicks after being fouled.
For some inexplicable reason, as we chased a goal inside the last 15 minutes, Nakamba came off (fair enough) for Trez and Grealish was dropped deeper to play alongside Luiz in central midfield two. So now, our best attacking player and the ONLY player in a Villa shirt that can operate against a packed defence was now getting the ball of Reina and advancing it to subsequently play it into the final third that was occupied by 10 Bournemouth players and a bunch of Villa players who couldn't keep it. Utter madness. I would absolutely love to know the rationale behind that tactical change. Did they think Jack would get it from Reina and dribble through the entire Bournemouth team? Did they not remember that Bournemouth's holding midfielder was no longer playing and that the place on the pitch to exploit was exactly where a number 10 should be playing???
The shot that Jack had that hit the inner thigh of the keeper and bounced wide, and the punch on Engels were our two moments where we could say we were unlucky. However the other 88 minutes gave us exactly what we deserved.

Disagree, I can imagine the free for all if we'd gone second string against Leicester.

Again, we were dead and buried a month ago - don't get me wrong, today is disappointing as it was a chance to open a gap - but nothing says we can't make it up. A week ago DS had lost the dressing room and the players proved otherwise.

Couldn't today just have been another shit day at the office that we should expect this year?

The position we are in this year we can't win for losing - it needs perspective - and don't forget my after match rants in previous years, but this year needs different.

Your right today was another shit day at the office, happened to be a massive 6 pointer against a dog shyte team that we have given a massive chance to finish above us. Still we can appear at Wembley in a tin pot cup where we will get royally thrashed.

Conjecture maybe but not complete bollocks. His public statements after the move broke down were just PR. There was no public statement from him during the talks saying "I'm going nowhere I love the club" etc(and rightly so). In fact he had been promised by Xia the previous summer that he could leave and when he was brought off against Hull he was hardly shedding any tears. He wanted out.

Look he deserves a big move and I'm way too old to be bothered about footballers leaving, I would like to see him go to Real Madrid or a club of that stature. When it happens I just hope it is handled correctly.
Fair point...but no, I don't believe from other rumblings it was just PR mate.

I also don't buy that - I know someone in the camp was very in favour of the move - but Jack wasn't to my knowledge, he just accepted it as the outcome eventually.

I also don't disagree he deserves to play at a level above what we currently are, but claims he wanted out I don't buy and claims he can't wait to get out I don't buy.

It's one of those stories the press have run so often it's now become truth.