AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread

I've obviously got too much time on my hands tonight because I tabulated the remaining fixtures for the five clubs most at risk of relegation (not Norwich - I assumed they're sunk already).

I've calculated the average league position of each club's remaining opposition teams and also their average points haul to date:

Average opposition league position from "easiest" to "hardest":

West Ham 10.07
Brighton 9.93
Watford 9.71
Villa 8.93
Bournemouth 7.93

West Ham's remaining opposition are, on average, a full two places lower in the table than Bournemouth's.

Average opposition points haul from "easiest" to "hardest":

West Ham 33.86
Brighton 34.57
Watford 34.93
Villa 35.00
Bournemouth 37.14

West Ham's remaining opposition have hauled 3.3 fewer points on average compared to Bournemouth's.

We're only just past halfway through the season of course so the above numbers likely aren't particularly meaningful yet but knock another four or five games off and they may well be.

I'd rather be West Ham than Bournemouth right now that's for sure.

I know mate but we live in a world where they are only just cottoning onto Jack being the best English player
I listened to Kevin Nolan last night on Talk Sport who said he had heard all the hype about Jack but never really watched him in the flesh or taken much notice until he went to the game on Tuesday against Leicester.
He said Grealish was phenominal, way better than anything on the pitch and Southgate will be totally stupid if he doesnt take Jack along with Maddison to the Euros or if he can only take one Grealish offers way more than Maddison being far more versatile in the positions he can play, and do them all well. It was a great review.

I listened to Kevin Nolan last night on Talk Sport who said he had heard all the hype about Jack but never really watched him in the flesh or taken much notice until he went to the game on Tuesday against Leicester.
He said Grealish was phenominal, way better than anything on the pitch and Southgate will be totally stupid if he doesnt take Jack along with Maddison to the Euros or if he can only take one Grealish offers way more than Maddison being far more versatile in the positions he can play, and do them all well. It was a great review.

I can see why Madsison is hyped but with all the respect in the World and whilst acknowledging that there are differences between the two as players, Grealish is head and shoulders above Maddison based on what I've seen of the pair of them so far this season.

They’re totally different players. I think Madison is great and can fit in a system, but Grealish transcends that. You can’t plan for him, he’s just too good.

I’m obviously bias, but Jack is a once in a generation talent and if he were south american, or even southern European, it wouldn’t be a debate. He’d be in the squad, starting and staring.

We're only just past halfway through the season of course so the above numbers likely aren't particularly meaningful yet but knock another four or five games off and they may well be.

You certainly do, for me the men at the helm are really going to be difference.

Is Howe cut out for a dog fight and has he assembled the type of team that can fight and will fight. Hard to know, I couldn't imagine V57 supporting half their team they seem like a big bunch of jessies.

Moyes is like an arrogant BFS and that could be the downfall for him. He thinks he's better than a result driven fixer and thats where he could end up taking them down if he doesnt focus on solid, clean, defensive work.

I am starting to believe @Villan57 when he says Jack will still be here next year, I believe it because we have him and nobody else does and I genuinely now think he alone will keep us up.

Bang up for this , it will be my first visit to whatever their stadium is called these day.

Massive game and although I wouldn't say it's a must win , I think it's a must not lose.

Looking forward to this game, it is another where we (or shall I just say I) can gauge where we are at v a team in a similar position.
And a chance to see if we can repair our appalling away record. Continually losing has become such a bore. Another chance to show Villa are better than this shower, like we showed Leicester we are better than them over 2 games and at Villa Park.

Bang up for this , it will be my first visit to whatever their stadium is called these day.

Massive game and although I wouldn't say it's a must win , I think it's a must not lose.
I would get an early start sirdennis they are predicting the worst ever traffic conditions in that area due to a train strike and a motorway bridge being demolished meaning motorway closure.
Hope you bring back the points.

So we're all agreed that Baston will come off the bench to power in a hat trick of headers in a 5-0 Villa stroll? Good.

I've obviously got too much time on my hands tonight because I tabulated the remaining fixtures for the five clubs most at risk of relegation (not Norwich - I assumed they're sunk already).

I've calculated the average league position of each club's remaining opposition teams and also their average points haul to date:

Average opposition league position from "easiest" to "hardest":

West Ham 10.07
Brighton 9.93
Watford 9.71
Villa 8.93
Bournemouth 7.93

West Ham's remaining opposition are, on average, a full two places lower in the table than Bournemouth's.

Average opposition points haul from "easiest" to "hardest":

West Ham 33.86
Brighton 34.57
Watford 34.93
Villa 35.00
Bournemouth 37.14

West Ham's remaining opposition have hauled 3.3 fewer points on average compared to Bournemouth's.

You should become a professional gambler mate