The player who left thread | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Juan Mourep

Vital 1st Team Regular
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2078045-jack-grealish-the-aston-villa-and-republic-of-ireland-rising-star?

Jack Grealish: The Aston Villa and Republic of Ireland Rising Star

the young winger is being touted as one of the most exciting prospects to come out of Villa's famed youth academy. Not a bad compliment for a youth system that has produced international players including Gabby Agbonlahor, Andi Weimann, Gary Cahill, Darius Vassell, Steven Davis and Thomas Hitzlsperger in recent years.

A boyhood Aston Villa fan and relative of former player William "Billy" Garraty, Jack has been a season-ticket holder in the Trinity Road Stand since the age of four. As a kid, Grealish turned out for Shirley Town Under-8s and soon started attracting the attention of scouts from clubs including Manchester United, Crewe Alexandra, Walsall and Birmingham City.

However, a love for the Claret and Blue saw Grealish decide to join the academy set-up of his beloved Aston Villa as a six-year-old.

The 18-year-old's decision-making skills appear to be beyond his years; rather than rush to get rid of the ball, as we see with so many English players, Grealish prefers to hold on to it until the right opportunity opens up to either take on a man, pass or shoot.

The highly rated youngster is not afraid to take on a player, something which he often does to huge success as he glides by players with his close control and dribbling ability. Grealish is not a typical winger in regard to having great pace or acceleration, but this is made up for with his skills and trickery.

Much more at the link

The more I read about this lad, the more I like him, loyalty to the Villa, you either have it or you don't.

This kid has been on the radar as a player to watch for a while. His loan spell in league 1 was a success, being one of their best players despite being only 18. With Albrighton gone we need a new winger. In my opinion we should use Grealish. He has some ability but premier league experience will just make him better.

'Grealish was born in Solihull, Birmingham' - how can I trust anything else that article has to say when such a heinous error has been allowed to be published? 'Solihull, Birmingham', indeed!

To be fair I can't wait to see the lad play regularly when he's ready - just hope he doesn't get over-hyped. he did very well on loan and is supposedly a really grounded young man (according to a friend of mine who taught him at our old school - St. Peters in Solihull). He's done things like sort out the school with complimentary tickets etc...

Hope he continues to develop.

Yeah Juan da man totally agree he is something special no doubt, here is some great footage from a Notts County fan on YouTube while he was there, i told him on Twitter we need him this season and we am excited by his qualities he is going to be a star

[youtube=FJdeBrOxcr8]

The lad is ready.

He's always played 2 years above his age group.

He wqas playing for U14's at 12, U16's at 14, etc... He's always been a step ahead of his peers, and after tasting some competitive football deserves his chance.

It's not as if we have a whole host of performing stars to keep him out!

This lad COULD light up the Premiership this coming season....... given a chance. If you're good enough, you're old enough!......

A player the fans will soon turn on, just like they have with every local talent.

As soon as he has a bad game you'll see 'he's a villa fan and he's playing that shite, I'd do better than that'

And so on

Oh, and just to add. We have Luke Shaw going to the World Cup with England, he's 18 possibly 19, but he's played consistently for Southampton all of last season.

Jack needs a chance in the team...... DEFINATELY!

McGrath4Pope - 29/5/2014 13:44

'Grealish was born in Solihull, Birmingham' - how can I trust anything else that article has to say when such a heinous error has been allowed to be published? 'Solihull, Birmingham', indeed!

OK - I'll fix it........

"Grealish was born in Chelmsley Wood"

Is that better ?

He has to be in the first squad next season, no more loans or he's not ready yet excuses, unleash him on the Premier League, it's the only experience he needs, and if he does well, slap an £80m price tag on him.

But of course we're all aware of our previous young academy prospects, so realistically we're not expecting much are we?

No pressure young Jack, just go do your stuff

holtelower - 29/5/2014 15:13

McGrath4Pope - 29/5/2014 13:44

OK - I'll fix it........

"Grealish was born in Chelmsley Wood"

Is that better ?

"Grealish was born in the Metropolitan Borough of Solihull" is good enough thank you. :14:

Prepared - 29/5/2014 14:37

A player the fans will soon turn on, just like they have with every local talent.

I don't class those idiots as fans, in my experience the local lads get a fair bit of backing, even when they really shouldn't be.

Jack Grealish needs our support, go on Twitter look him up and tell him we can't wait to see the lad in the famour C&B jersey but also say there is no pressure on you just give us 100% as your talent and qualities will shine through, give the lad some encouragement please.

As soon as he has a bad game you'll see 'he's a villa fan and he's playing that shite, I'd do better than that'

And so on

There are times prep that you do talk bollocks and this is one of those times :17:

Villan57 - 29/5/2014 17:27

And so on

There are times prep that you do talk bollocks and this is one of those times :17:

haha Prep just takes it personally that a lot of people think Gabby is shite and reckons this lad will get the same. Unfortunately Gabby has been shite far too much, hence the reason he gets the slating, whereas I'm damn sure Grealish will be given a chance by most Villa fans to prove himself, just as Gabby has been over the years.

Anyway, I like what I see of this lad, which admittedly has been very little, and I reckon he could do a job either in midfield, out wide, or running off Benteke.

Finding his best position could be interesting. Think he is too dangerous to be wasted out wide.

I'd play a 4-2-3-1 and have him in the middle just behind Benteke. Would mean we need to buy 2 decent wingers though.

If he is to play wide, then I guess Wiemann can fulfil the role behind Tekkers.