A-Z of Alliteration | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z of Alliteration

Missed out I for some reason! Here's one for a 5 - I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love With You) Recorded by several people including Hank Williams and Elvis.

Missed out I...
"Into India" - book by John Keay (not read it)... or...

"I do, I do, I do, I do, I do, I do" song by Abba - could count as "I"or "D"?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

J Juke Box Jury - 1950s/60's BBC tv pop music panel show... or "Jug Jug Jeeve" sung by Sachet Tandon, from the Indian film "Shiddat" (Clip on YouTube)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found for "E" -"Easter Egg Hunt Extravaganza" colouring book produced by Jupiter Kids, for a "3". Available from Waterstones.

Last edited:
Missed out I...
"Into India" - book by John Keay (not read it)... or...

"I do, I do, I do, I do, I do, I do" song by Abba - could count as "I"or "D"?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

J Juke Box Jury - 1950s/60's BBC tv pop music panel show... or "Jug Jug Jeeve" sung by Sachet Tandon, from the Indian film "Shiddat" (Clip on YouTube)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found for "E" -"Easter Egg Hunt Extravaganza" colouring book produced by Jupiter Kids, for a "3". Available from Waterstones.
Good work on E there, Mike. That's a minimum of 3 for all letters so far I think.

M Manuel and his music of the mountains - which was actually Geoff Love and his orchestra! Recorded several albums, and had a UK hit single in 1971 with "Guitar concerto de Aranjuez". Think it was the theme tune of a tv show (?)

... or Mercy, mercy me" by Marvin Gaye

Last edited:
M Manuel and his music of the mountains - which was actually Geoff Love and his orchestra! Recorded several albums, and had a UK hit single in 1971 with "Guitar concerto de Aranjuez". Think it was the theme tune of a tv show (?)
I never knew it was Geoff Love. Can't think of the TV show. I stumbled across a 2011 movie I had never heard of called Martha Marcy May Marlene. Sounds odd.

Last edited:
N - plenty of 2s. For a 3 there is Prince's Nineteen Ninety-Nine but I have also seen this listed as 1999 so I'm not sure of validity. Another kids' book is Maria Correa's 2019 Noah's Noisy Nights. Surely there's something better?

or... "Never say nups to Nepalese" song by Welsh rock band, Man (clip on YouTube). Saw them play live, but don't think they played it when I saw them.

or... "The wild rover (no nay never)" - traditional folk song, football versions still sung on the terraces

Last edited:
or... "Never say nups to Nepalese" song by Welsh rock band, Man (clip on YouTube). Saw them play live, but don't think they played it when I saw them.

or... "The wild rover (no nay never)" - traditional folk song, football versions still sung on the terraces
Cheers, Mike. I enjoyed that Man track. Don't think I'd heard them before.

Mike, the middle and second part of that track seems familiar. I think it might have influenced The Motors Dancing The Night Away (long version) which came out 3 or 4 years later. Then I may be imagining it!

O "One of our spies is missing" - Man from U.N.C.L.E. spin-off film. Think it has been shown on television.

Last edited:
P "Pink Panther plays with Pickles" - cartoon (Clip on YouTube).

Although it doesn't quite fit the thread, there is a John Cooper Clarke alliterative poem "The Pest", which is good . Seen him perform it live. (Clip on YouTube)

Last edited:
Alternative O - One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer, John Lee Hooker and others
Alternative P - Poisoning Pigeons In The Park, Tom Leher 1950s musical