A-Z of Alliteration | Page 4 | Vital Football

A-Z of Alliteration

Caz , your information was correct -it was by Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders, not Dave Dee, etc.(y)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

V "Very, very, very" - by South Korean K-Pop girl-group I.O.I. (Clip on YouTube)

There is a "V.V.V.V." football club, that has released a club song called "Clublied VVV-Venlo" (Clip on YouTube). Venlo have been up and down a few times between the top two divisions in the Netherlands. Their full name is Venlose Voetbal Vereniging , Venlo. The town is in an industrial area , which is close to the German border. The reason that I know this is because years ago at work one of my colleagues ,who was on a study/research placement, was from that location and was a Venlo football fan. From what he told me, they seemed to be a bit like the Millers.

I think that the official Venlo club name is a bit complicated because, for legal reasons, they had to distinguish between the current version of the club and a previous version that had gone bust. It would be a bit like us having to change our name to something like Rotherham United Football Club, Borough of Rotherham.
My only V was a 2 - Viva Las Vegas by Elvis.

W - I have two 3s.
Whistle While You Work - from Disney's Snow White (I'm a repeat watcher as it's my granddaughter's favourite film)
What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

... or... "Wish the wind would blow me" - song by US singer-songwriter Bob Schneider (Clip on YouTube)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

X "Merry Xmas from X" - EP of Christmas songs from US punk-rock band, X. (Clip on YouTube)
Only other item that I found was "X X X" song by US rapper Kendrick Lamar

Last edited:
There's a Vin Diesel movie XXX which in some countries retains original title XXX: Return of Xander Cage
I can't think of any songs though. Hadn't heard of those, Mike.

Y - thought of a few 2s. Only 3 (possibly) is You're Sixteen (You're Beautiful and You're Mine) by Ringo Starr. Have seen this also titled only as You're Sixteen so it's questionable.
A safe 2 is Yakety Yak by The Coasters.

Mike, for some reason I thought the Ames Brothers would be black. A bit schmaltzy for me but from the remarks on Youtube it means a lot to a lot of people. I can see Caz waltzing around her kitchen to this one!

Caz , your information was correct -it was by Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders, not Dave Dee, etc.(y)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

V "Very, very, very" - by South Korean K-Pop girl-group I.O.I. (Clip on YouTube)

There is a "V.V.V.V." football club, that has released a club song called "Clublied VVV-Venlo" (Clip on YouTube). Venlo have been up and down a few times between the top two divisions in the Netherlands. Their full name is Venlose Voetbal Vereniging , Venlo. The town is in an industrial area , which is close to the German border. The reason that I know this is because years ago at work one of my colleagues ,who was on a study/research placement, was from that location and was a Venlo football fan. From what he told me, they seemed to be a bit like the Millers.

I think that the official Venlo club name is a bit complicated because, for legal reasons, they had to distinguish between the current version of the club and a previous version that had gone bust. It would be a bit like us having to change our name to something like "Rotherham United Football Club, Borough of Rotherham".
Watched the I.O.I clip and not sure I should have!

Well that seems to be finished and it went better than I thought. Lots of stuff I'd never heard of and a few I am adding to my play list although sadly not Zizzy, Ze Zum, Zum, nor the Ames brothers nor my own offering of Tiny Tim!
Many thanks for participating.