A-Z of Alliteration | Vital Football

A-Z of Alliteration

Lindum

Vital Football Hero
Right. I didn't think the A-Z of Films through. This new one means anyone can have a go (or goes) at any time and it won't stop others having a go later.

Song Titles, Book Titles, Film Titles, Theater Titles or TV or Radio Show Titles.

For each letter of the alphabet try and find a Title in any of the above categories with alliteration, more than one word starting with the same letter. So two is a minimum. Above two will be rarer and harder.

Example: For Letter A - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland scores 2.

See how many we can come up with for each letter and see who can get the most alliterative words in a title. NB. The alliterative words don't need to be next to each other but can be anywhere in the title.

Last edited:
B Bouncing babies - song by the Teardop Explodes. Released as a single in 1979....

or (for a bigger score) - "Boogie-woogie bugle boy of Company B" by Bette Midler
(Clip on YouTube)

Last edited:
I'm still on A although I have a 4 up my sleeve for B. I have lots of 2s for A and just thought of a 3 - All Day And All Of The Night by The Kinks.

To match Mike on B with a 4 - The Beastly Beatitudes of Balthazar B by J P Donleavy.

So, at the moment we are on 3 for A, 4 for B and 2 for C. Can we better any of these? Remember, you can come back to an earlier letter at any time so A and B are still open for suggestions.

D Disco Duck - 1976 novelty hit for Rick Dees and his cast of Idiots ... or "Down the dustpipe" - Status Quo

... just thought of another one, but not sure if it counts as alliteration... "Damned, Damned , Damned" album by the Damned. (Saw them play live)

Last edited:
... or "Effervescing Elephant" - song by Syd Barrett (1970)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

F The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers - US "underground" comic from the late 1960's

Last edited:
D Disco Duck - 1976 novelty hit for Rick Dees and his cast of Idiots ... or "Down the dustpipe" - Status Quo

... just thought of another one, but not sure if it counts as alliteration... "Damned, Damned , Damned" album by the Damned. (saw them play live)
Mike, it went to VAR and they allowed it. So that's 3 for D.

Surely we can beat 2 for C and E?
... or "Effervescing Elephant" - song by Syd Barrett (1970)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

F The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers - US "underground" comic from the late 1960's
One of my favourite comics!

E is proving difficult. I have a few 2s but I can't better that at the moment. From A to F we have at least 3 for every letter but E.

G Gentle Giant - album by Gentle Giant. (Saw them play live)... or for a higher score "Green Green Grass of Home" sung by Tom Jones.
"Going to a go-go" by Smokey Robinson is only a "2", strictly speaking.

Last edited:
J - my starter for a 2 is Jumpin' Jack Flash by The Rolling Stones. Is there a 3 or more out there?
Another J I enjoyed is the 1972 Robert Redford western Jeremiah Johnson. But still only a 2.

Last edited:
Another G which perhaps pushes the bounds? Go, Go, Go, Grabote! 1973 surrealist children's book by Nicole Claveloux.

But a genuine 4 for G is Hilda Offen's 1996 children's novel, Good Girl, Gracie Growler!