A To-do Bucket List | Page 8 | Vital Football

A To-do Bucket List

Off to book the coach tour to Southsea on Tuesday, for next year. Also, as my back is better now, the Derby trip is on again for Friday. Fingers crossed.

rybel_b - 14/1/2014 5:07 PM

No, not one of the 'dying' ones, we've all got plenty of years left in us yet!!

When I was boxed in the other week, bad back and bad weather, I made a list of things I want to do this year.

We've already got three coach tours booked, but I would also like to do:

Go to Cleethorpes on my birthday - gone now, and no tick
Do an overnighter in Hartlepool - tick
Family day out at Marten Rasen races - tick
A day in Skegness - tick
Coach tours to Weymouth - tick, Llandudno tick and Blackpool
Pomegranate Pantomime in December
Bridlington, day with friends at their caravan - tick

Locally I want to:

Walk round Endcliffe Park - tick
Walk round Rother Valley - tick
Have a walk down the woods - tick
Have a walk to Renishaw Hall - tick
Go to Western Park Museum - tick
Have a walk round Queens Park - tick
Have a walk round Clifton Park - tick
Go swimming - tick
Sheffield Five Weirs Walk

Have a bus trip to Doncaster - tick: Barnsley: Mansfield - tick: Worksop - tick: Derby - tick: Ripley - tick: Nottingham - tick

Plus I already have one on my list for next year....a coach tour to Southsea, so I can have a walk down memory lane in Portsmouth. Tick, booked.

Also I want to see my Gary Roberts play, so I guess to the Proact Stadium when the weather gets better.

We have nothing special planned for tomorrow, so hoping to tick off one of the local ones!

So, has anyone else got plans for 2014?

Derby has now been ticked, along with booking the Portsmouth holiday. Hoping to do the Five Weirs Walk and Barnsley next week.

Just a few still to go, but I'm getting there!!
:17:

rybel_b - 14/1/2014 5:07 PM

No, not one of the 'dying' ones, we've all got plenty of years left in us yet!!

When I was boxed in the other week, bad back and bad weather, I made a list of things I want to do this year.

We've already got three coach tours booked, but I would also like to do:

Go to Cleethorpes on my birthday - gone now, and no tick
Do an overnighter in Hartlepool - tick
Family day out at Marten Rasen races - tick
A day in Skegness - tick
Coach tours to Weymouth - tick, Llandudno - tick and Blackpool - tick
Pomegranate Pantomime in December
Bridlington, day with friends at their caravan - tick

Locally I want to:

Walk round Endcliffe Park - tick
Walk round Rother Valley - tick
Have a walk down the woods - tick
Have a walk to Renishaw Hall - tick
Go to Western Park Museum - tick
Have a walk round Queens Park - tick
Have a walk round Clifton Park - tick
Go swimming - tick
Sheffield Five Weirs Walk

Have a bus trip to Doncaster - tick: Barnsley: Mansfield - tick: Worksop - tick: Derby - tick: Ripley - tick: Nottingham - tick

Plus I already have one on my list for next year....a coach tour to Southsea, so I can have a walk down memory lane in Portsmouth. Tick, booked.

Also I want to see my Gary Roberts play, so I guess to the Proact Stadium when the weather gets better.

We have nothing special planned for tomorrow, so hoping to tick off one of the local ones!

So, has anyone else got plans for 2014?

That's another one ticked off....Blackpool. :17:

Monday to Friday, coach tour. Really enjoyed it after being cooped up for a few days.

Nearly there now. Barnsley next.
:2:

After my fall, there is no way I would be able to do the Five Weirs Walk, so that is on next years list, along with Cleethorpes and my Gary Roberts.

Oh well, can't win 'em all!

I am sure we can arrange something. Be good to see you and Caz. I will let you know nearer Friday as we are still deciding what to do.

Now sorted. We are aiming to be in Rotherham for around 4.30 and drinking in one of the whetherspoons in town. I can arrange to meet you and Caz somewhere.

There are about three Wetherspoons, so let us know in advance which one please.

Apparently The Bridge is good for away fan too.
Caz knows more about Rotherham town centre than me, so we'll wait for her input.
Right looking forward to meeting you Dazza!

Goodo, see you soon, I guess you can remember what I look like, lol!!!

Attachments

• wendy birthday.jpg
    wendy birthday.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 0
The nearest Weatherspoons is Corn Law Rhymer (Law Corn Rhymer?? - it's called one of them!) So we could meet in there. Bez knows that one too. Bridge will be packed (or so the landlord hopes! - he also says he wished Rotherham played at home every weekday! LOL)

We are leaving at 12, so traffic permitting, I would expect to be in Rotherham for around 4.30-5. Once we arrive and get in a pub I will let you know. I am imaging a lot of Leeds fans will be drinking in the Whetherspoons in Rotherham on Friday.

Keep us posted Dazza. Er, I'd let you have my moby number, but I haven't a clue what it is, lol!!!

I am still waiting for my ticket to turn up so I might have to go to the ground first. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow it wont arrive in time.

We will synchronize watches!

Good luck with the ticket Dazza, I hope it arrives. Malc and I are still waiting for our Wembley tickets!!!