A lodger thread. | Page 3 | Vital Football

A lodger thread.

As I see it, I think his early interest in us (no doubt motivated in some sense by wanting/needing the ground) was genuine but the figures involved at that point were way too rich for him and any investors he could get on board
At that point, I've no doubt that he then went back to the administrators and said he'd be interested in the ground on its own as his club have to have somewhere to play.
I don't see anything wrong with that nor do I resent him for that (if it's what happened)

Maybe maybe not but think it's time to let this one die a death now everyone has different views
Even father Christmas is mithering me well someone I said to he does not exist but he is upset because I said so

We'll probably never know for sure so agree it's redundant debate now and time for us all to stop talking about him.

Maybe he set out with the intention of buying everything then found he couldn't get the backing. At that point he wanted to buy the stadium to ensure the Rugby had a home.
I can't believe he did it maliciously, just didn't work out
I believe it was malicious. I'd take Au Yang back before I trusted Lenaghan or anyone linked to the troglodytes.

Going back to the earlier part about rivalry / hate, I'd largely agree, with the exception of Warriors. No one likes it more than me when PNE or Bolton get stuffed or relegated, but I'm genuinely pleased Bolton didn't actually go under. Rivalry is great, but you need rivals to enjoy a rivalry and I have no real, genuine antipathy towards them or any other club. Banter is great but it's far, far from real hate. I was truly gutted for Bury too. I have no real problem with Saints or any other RL team either... But Warriors are a special case. Literally no ill that befalls them is bad enough. Would laugh my socks off if they went under, never to return.

The Americans didn't want the ground and urged Lenegan to buy it,. but also told him they wanted a rent reduction or they'd move to Leigh. This was merely a punt on their part, hence their leaking of the supposed move to Leigh to the media. The Americans didn't have a clue that in actual fact this was a non starter from an EFL point of view.
How do I know all this, I don't, I've made it up, but it fits the known facts, just like a lot of other theories, and that's all they are. No one on here knows for sure.

Talking about our lodgers. There's a few rumours on twitter that they owe us around 50k in rent.
I know there was some sort of rent holiday during lockdown but if it is true i wonder how and when it will get paid back . If at all.

Talking about our lodgers. There's a few rumours on twitter that they owe us around 50k in rent.
I know there was some sort of rent holiday during lockdown but if it is true i wonder how and when it will get paid back . If at all.

I think since Super League restarted each round of fixtures is being played at just one ground which changes each week rather than every side playing home and away like usual. So if Warriors are paying a per game fee or a monthly fee will make a huge difference as I don't think they've played at the DW since March.

I think since Super League restarted each round of fixtures is being played at just one ground which changes each week rather than every side playing home and away like usual. So if Warriors are paying a per game fee or a monthly fee will make a huge difference as I don't think they've played at the DW since March.

If the rugby were paying a per game fee then they wouldn't owe anything so there wouldn't be a rumour.
There's probably some truth in it but as I said if there was a rent holiday and they weren't getting any income then it would be interesting how our new owners would recoup the amount.

Hopefully we don't get it back, then when 2024 and the automatic lease renewal comes around, we can claim for breach of contract and kick the bastards out for good.

Hopefully we don't get it back, then when 2024 and the automatic lease renewal comes around, we can claim for breach of contract and kick the bastards out for good.

We'll be cutting off our nose to spite our face by doing that. The stadium lose money with them without them we'd lose even more.

Having them play at the DW is in our best interests.

We'll be cutting off our nose to spite our face by doing that. The stadium lose money with them without them we'd lose even more.

Having them play at the DW is in our best interests.
Might also depend if the new owners want rugby league played at the football stadium
Remember if the Spaniards do complete the deal they might think very differently than dave whelan will have done
So maybe wurriors future could be else where
By force of hand
Like has already been said Bolton Preston and Blackburn might be accommodating but more likely will be leigh

I believe it was malicious. I'd take Au Yang back before I trusted Lenaghan or anyone linked to the troglodytes.

We really have gone to ridiculous rivalry for rivalry's sake now!!!
How anyone can say they would want a man back who has virtually destroyed our club just to fit in with a petty feud with no evidence that Leneghan has ever done or said anything negative about our club is beyond me.

We really have gone to ridiculous rivalry for rivalry's sake now!!!
How anyone can say they would want a man back who has virtually destroyed our club just to fit in with a petty feud with no evidence that Leneghan has ever done or said anything negative about our club is beyond me.
Fuck me if you like leneghan that much go fuck off and watch rugby ffcks

Might also depend if the new owners want rugby league played at the football stadium
Remember if the Spaniards do complete the deal they might think very differently than dave whelan will have done
So maybe wurriors future could be else where
By force of hand
Like has already been said Bolton Preston and Blackburn might be accommodating but more likely will be leigh

Whatever country you come from no one will be happy to lose more money than they have to. There is no way the new owners will kick them out as it would be an act of financial self harm with zero upside.

The new owner will be trying to reduce the amount of money the stadium loses not widening it by removing a guarentted income stream.

I don't think Kenny is really trying to big up Lenegan, but he has a valid point - you saying Lenegan is worse than Yeung after what just happened is a bit excessive to say the least.
You got wrong guy I never said that king I would not say leneghan is worse than yeung
But he is still not my cup of tea but this leneghan shyte is getting tedious only ones sticking up for leneghan are the ones that support both teams
Where we who only watch latics believe leneghan had no interest what so ever in latics but the stadium
This could go on and on

Whatever country you come from no one will be happy to lose more money than they have to. There is no way the new owners will kick them out as it would be an act of financial self harm with zero upside.

The new owner will be trying to reduce the amount of money the stadium loses not widening it by removing a guarentted income stream.
Way I see it if these guys have the money like rumours are stating then they have the finances to cover all debt regarding the stadium
So would not be really interested in the peanuts that rugby are paying to use the football stadium
Remember the mindset is completely different from previous stadium owner
These guys are mostly Spanish football orientated and have no affinity to rugby a minority lancs yorks sport

Way I see it if these guys have the money like rumours are stating then they have the finances to cover all debt regarding the stadium
So would not be really interested in the peanuts that rugby are paying to use the football stadium
These guys are mostly Spanish football orientated and have no affinity to rugby a minority lancs yorks sport

You can forget kicking them out Bicky, they have a 50 year lease from 1999. The only thing that the new owners can do is raise the rent, and if Lenegan doesn't agree with what is put to them he will take it to a rent tribunal. So thinking that we can just up the rent to what we want is also a complete no no.

Even if you have money to burn you aren't going to be turning down guarenteed income to dip into your own pocket. They wont have an affinity they will just want them as a revenue stream.

I don't think these new owners are poor, but i don't think they are billionaires looking for a toy to burn money on. I think they'll be looking to run us self sustainably as possible and any money the Warriors contribute towards that wont be thrown away for no reason.

Even if you have money to burn you aren't going to be turning down guarenteed income to dip into your own pocket. They wont have an affinity they will just want them as a revenue stream.

I don't think these new owners are poor, but i don't think they are billionaires looking for a toy to burn money on. I think they'll be looking to run us self sustainably as possible and any money the Warriors contribute towards that wont be thrown away for no reason.

I think the thing that people forget is that we also pay rent to the stadium company at the same rate, if the new owners put up the rent for the rugby then that also affects us as ours will rise as well.

I know that the stadium will be owned by the same people but it is in essence a separate business and as such needs to cover its own costs.