A lodger thread. | Page 2 | Vital Football

A lodger thread.

Flip the coin over and see the other side and if the roles had been reversed would we not have tried to take advantage. Think of the Euxton situation when we took advantage of another clubs misfortune. It's just business and to be honest wouldn't you want to secure your clubs future given the circumstances.

As far as putting the American bidders off, I seriously doubt that they ever wanted the stadium, in the first instance they were prepared to do a deal that allowed Lenegan to buy the stadium and make us "the lodgers", then when that went tits up they wanted the club without the stadium and threatened to move us to Leigh. They were never serious about buying the stadium, they wanted the club for peanuts and muddied the waters in their attempt to secure it. I for one am glad that the admins stuck to their guns and have got a better price with fewer strings attached.

Training ground sale is completely matter. There's disappointment over losing it but no resentment toward knob end for buying it.

Of course he tried to take advantage of our misfortune and it wasn’t right. Given the generosity his club has received over the years its despicable he tried to do that knowing it could literally kill us. That’s goes beyond a business decision and is morally reprehensible. It’s created a lot of animosity and bad blood. Personally I hope the new owners stop this generosity toward this mob and do what’s best for our club as it’s clear there is no reciprocity.

This is me just having a laugh but after speaking to Cuckoo fans this is probably a post one of them would make.
Gutted, totally gutted. After being robbed today against a meaningless side in The Challenge Cup our allocation of tickets (104,00) will have to be sent back.
I was talking to quite a few at the Saints game where we were robbed again despite a stadium record crowd of 34,000 with only 12 speccys traveling from St Helens and most had already payed for their tickets.
It is a nice bit of compensation knowing we own the stadium now and will turn in a profit with our average crowds of 31,242.

So, within a day of an as-yet unnamed bidder possibly buying the Latics after some dodgy money launderer placed a bet to make some money that he may or may not owe to another money launderer, and as a consequence bankrupted your club, you are wanking off over a defeat for a club who play a different sport.

You sad sac.

it was all but confirmed as such by Krasner at a press conference a while ago.

All but - ie, he didnt say it.

And Krasner has constantly talked shit since he waddled into the DW, so even if he did say it (which he didnt), it would still smell of bullshit.

Training ground sale is completely matter. There's disappointment over losing it but no resentment toward knob end for buying it.

Of course he tried to take advantage of our misfortune and it wasn’t right. Given the generosity his club has received over the years its despicable he tried to do that knowing it could literally kill us. That’s goes beyond a business decision and is morally reprehensible. It’s created a lot of animosity and bad blood. Personally I hope the new owners stop this generosity toward this mob and do what’s best for our club as it’s clear there is no reciprocity.

I don't think you understand my post.

In referring to the training ground I was in fact going back to our purchase of it from Bolton. We certainly took advantage of their situation when we purchased it from them. This is exactly what Lenegan has tried to do with the stadium. I note you didn't raise any objections when we mugged them.

As I said, flip the coin. Lenegan saw an opportunity and decided to take it, as we did with Bolton.

As far as it being morally reprehensible, that's absolute nonsense.

There was an opportunity to purchase an asset and secure the future of his own club by doing this and so he made a bid. Nothing reprehensible about that at all in my opinion however if in your opinion it is then our purchase of the training ground is as morally reprehensible.

This is simply business, as was our purchase of the Euxton training ground from Bolton.

To be fair Lenegan couldn't win - he said he wanted to buy the club got a massive backlash - if he proceeded he'd have got slaughtered by Latics fans. Maybe he didn't bid because so many of our fans made him change his mind?

When he didn't proceed for whatever reason he went about trying to secure his clubs best interests when the Americans indicated they didn’t want the ground. He wasn't buying something they wanted from under their noses and considering we are complaining about Warriors potentially upping our rent would he be justified in fearing another buyer could potentially up his rent?

If our fans tell Lenegan they don't want him to have anything to do with us then we can't be critical when he looks at doing what is best for his own club even if it's at our expense- which was arguable under the circumstances as his bid on the stadium being accepted would've suited the Americans and we'd have been out of admin and month ago.

So, within a day of an as-yet unnamed bidder possibly buying the Latics after some dodgy money launderer placed a bet to make some money that he may or may not owe to another money launderer, and as a consequence bankrupted your club, you are wanking off over a defeat for a club who play a different sport.

You sad sac.
That's not very nice Sir. Having a bit of a laugh about the way the Cuckoo's fans talk about their club is hardly knocking one out over their defeat in the egg cup.

In referring to the training ground I was in fact going back to our purchase of it from Bolton. We certainly took advantage of their situation when we purchased it from them. This is exactly what Lenegan has tried to do with the stadium. I note you didn't raise any objections when we mugged them.

As I said, flip the coin. Lenegan saw an opportunity and decided to take it, as we did with Bolton.

There was an opportunity to purchase an asset and secure the future of his own club by doing this and so he made a bid. Nothing reprehensible about that at all in my opinion however if in your opinion it is then our purchase of the training ground is as morally reprehensible.

This is simply business, as was our purchase of the Euxton training ground from Bolton.
I think we purchased that for a decent going rate and Bolton sold it to us before they went into admin. Trevor Hemmngs FC probably took advantage of our situation though.

To be fair Lenegan couldn't win - he said he wanted to buy the club got a massive backlash - if he proceeded he'd have got slaughtered by Latics fans. Maybe he didn't bid because so many of our fans made him change his mind?

When he didn't proceed for whatever reason he went about trying to secure his clubs best interests when the Americans indicated they didn’t want the ground. He wasn't buying something they wanted from under their noses and considering we are complaining about Warriors potentially upping our rent would he be justified in fearing another buyer could potentially up his rent?

If our fans tell Lenegan they don't want him to have anything to do with us then we can't be critical when he looks at doing what is best for his own club even if it's at our expense- which was arguable under the circumstances as his bid on the stadium being accepted would've suited the Americans and we'd have been out of admin and month ago.
I will give you your due you keep trying to find excuse after excuse about laneghan
Come on King he only wanted the stadium not the latics
Let's leave this now king leneghan failed in what he wanted time to move on

Absolutely right, owe these men no favours at all.
Make Pollard pay fair market rent as for sure he would have to us if he'd had the opportunity. If he doesn't like it off to Leigh or ask one of the other hotbeds of Worriers support , Preston, Bolton or Blackburn to offer better terms than market value - good luck with that !

I understand it and it’s nonsense - they aren’t comparable. The sale of Euxton to ourselves and then to knob end is vastly different to trying to buy the ground. If we’d tried to buy the Reebok and this increasingly the likelihood of Bolton going bust then there would have been uproar. Quite rightly too.

He saw an opportunity to buy our ground and this erode the long term viability of the club by virtue of that. He knew that yey did it anyway. Given the relationship between the two clubs, especially with them benefiting from years of our generosity in terms of cheap rent then yes to behave that way is morally reprehensible. It’s an act of betrayal in effect. Especially given the history with a previous chairman. Buying and selling training grounds when others are available for use is not comparable. You’re effectively comparing apples and pears.

I will give you your due you keep trying to find excuse after excuse about laneghan
In your opinion, other people are entitled to have different ones, and these make more sense than yours.

Bit childish that is that all you can do throw insults
I won't lower myself to throw insults back
But reading yours don't half make you look a right dick
But you did, by your comment about Father Christmas.
Anyway, we'll leave it there as you obviously have an entrenched viewpoint and calling people "a right dick" gets us nowhere.
I really can't be bothered talking to you if all you do is resort to name calling like that.

Maybe our fans negative reaction made this a self fulfilling prophecy and if Lenegan only bought the ground that was down to the fans turning him against buying everything?

That is as valid a theory as any other but some are talking like we know for a fact that he always had bad intentions and was out to hurt us with no evidence. We are all speculating.

The issue is if he buys us he's the villain, if he doesn't buy us he's the villain, if he buys the ground after the Americans say he can have it he's the villain. He couldve had the best of intentions but there was no scenario that he could win when people were so against him to start with.

But you did, by your comment about Father Christmas.
Anyway, we'll leave it there as you obviously have an entrenched viewpoint and calling people "a right dick" gets us nowhere.
I really can't be bothered talking to you if all you do is resort to name calling like that.
I'm sure one day you will understand father
Christmas isn't real
Thank god you leaving it there you bored me to death with your flecking drivel
Oh and if you don't like my comments then don't read them
We all have different views

Maybe our fans negative reaction made this a self fulfilling prophecy and if Lenegan only bought the ground that was down to the fans turning him against buying everything?

That is as valid a theory as any other but some are talking like we know for a fact that he always had bad intentions and was out to hurt us with no evidence. We are all speculating.

The issue is if he buys us he's the villain, if he doesn't buy us he's the villain, if he buys the ground after the Americans say he can have it he's the villain. He couldve had the best of intentions but there was no scenario that he could win when people were so against him to start with.
Maybe maybe not but think it's time to let this one die a death now everyone has different views
Even father Christmas is mithering me well someone I said to he does not exist but he is upset because I said so