A lodger thread. | Page 4 | Vital Football

A lodger thread.

You got wrong guy I never said that king I would not say leneghan is worse than yeung
But he is still not my cup of tea but this leneghan shyte is getting tedious only ones sticking up for leneghan are the ones that support both teams
Where we who only watch latics believe leneghan had no interest what so ever in latics but the stadium
This could go on and on

I know you didn't say that, but just saying Kenny had a fair point on the Yeung comment.

I don't support Warriors but i don't have any grudge against them either, I'm pretty neutral / indifferent to them as they don't affect Latics very much and i'm not arsed about what Lindsey said decades ago or the tolls today. I'm just judging on what i can see Lenegan has actually said or done and i can't see anything that justifies that hate he gets. Bidding for the stadium when the American's pretty much told the world they didn't want it i don't think is a malicious act, not bidding for anything more than the stadium because the fans didn't want him i don't think is unreasonable. I'm open to being convinced otherwise but i've not seen anything yet to make me think he's the terrible person out to hurt Latics he is made out to be - it seems the whole hatred of him is pretty much assumption and guilty by association with what Lindsey did back in the late 80's. Each to their own, but if i'm going to dislike someone so much i need something to go off and i'm not going to blame anyone for something someone else did.

I think the thing that people forget is that we also pay rent to the stadium company at the same rate, if the new owners put up the rent for the rugby then that also affects us as ours will rise as well.

I know that the stadium will be owned by the same people but it is in essence a separate business and as such needs to cover its own costs.

As you say if we want to put up the rent on Warriors it will put up the rent on Latics too. With the money moving around the same company maybe it wont be as big as issue to us as it would be to Warriors but it could impact loses on the clubs balance sheet which with FFP and coming out of admin and us being monitored by the EFL for a couple of years wouldn't be helpful.

Well only thing to hope for is rugby league to collapse altogether then that's problem solved
One to get shut of um
Paying peanuts to use a fantastic football stadium like ours is wrong surly they could use stadium next door for what they pay

Last edited:
We really have gone to ridiculous rivalry for rivalry's sake now!!!
How anyone can say they would want a man back who has virtually destroyed our club just to fit in with a petty feud with no evidence that Leneghan has ever done or said anything negative about our club is beyond me.

I didn't say I want Au Yang back. Of course not, that would be lunatic. But I'd still rather have him back that let Lenaghan near us.

Better someone who doesn't give a s**t about us (Au Yang) than someone who would maliciously try to hurt us (Lenaghan). Lenaghan is a Warriors director ffs. He'd have revelled in stealing every asset he could for the troglodytes then liquidating whatever was left.

There is literally no worse option.

I didn't say I want Au Yang back. Of course not, that would be lunatic. But I'd still rather have him back that let Lenaghan near us.

Better someone who doesn't give a s**t about us (Au Yang) than someone who would maliciously try to hurt us (Lenaghan). Lenaghan is a Warriors director ffs. He'd have revelled in stealing every asset he could for the troglodytes then liquidating whatever was left.

It don't matter now because we have neither of them and thankfully Pollard did not get his hands on the stadium. Be happy to finally but this to bed, but it's ever so important to remember the fans and clubs that was there for you in your hardest times.

Maybe he set out with the intention of buying everything then found he couldn't get the backing. At that point he wanted to buy the stadium to ensure the Rugby had a home.
I can't believe he did it maliciously, just didn't work out
Ow yes he did. Is it to early for panto

Maybe you don't remember what happened on 1st July (& unknown to us at the time from the week before) but Au Yeung did far more than not give a poop about us
He stitched us up good & proper, effectively relegated us & wanted to liquidate us without giving a rodents behind about the people at the club & the town who would suffer as a result
What you say about Lenaghan may well be true but your comment about Au Yeung is the biggest pile of garbage I've ever read on here & that''s saying something

Way I see it if these guys have the money like rumours are stating then they have the finances to cover all debt regarding the stadium
So would not be really interested in the peanuts that rugby are paying to use the football stadium
Remember the mindset is completely different from previous stadium owner
These guys are mostly Spanish football orientated and have no affinity to rugby a minority lancs yorks sport

Its not just the rent that goes to the stadium company as i understand it. All the money from the booze & food sold on the concourse & South Stand bar goes to the stadium company too (or at least the rent from the caterers if it's contracted out)

Its not just the rent that goes to the stadium company as i understand it. All the money from the booze & food sold on the concourse & South Stand bar goes to the stadium company too (or at least the rent from the caterers if it's contracted out)

All the rent from hospitality and concourse sales goes to the stadium company.

The rent is a percentage of the gate receipts, same as we pay.

Edit:
Just had a quick look at their accounts for year ending 2018 and they paid a total of £294,648 in stadium costs.

Does that amount include the money brought in via hospitality and confection or is that additional?

Maybe you don't remember what happened on 1st July (& unknown to us at the time from the week before) but Au Yeung did far more than not give a poop about us
He stitched us up good & proper, effectively relegated us & wanted to liquidate us without giving a rodents behind about the people at the club & the town who would suffer as a result
What you say about Lenaghan may well be true but your comment about Au Yeung is the biggest pile of garbage I've ever read on here & that''s saying something
Not really. Au Yeung wound up with a football club he didn't want. It wasn't personal for him. Yeah, I blame him because I'm a Latics fan, but on the other hand, if I won a football club in a foreign country in a poker game, I'd liquidate it ASAP as well. Wouldn't be personal, but I'd do it in a heartbeat because I'd want the money, not a football club.

Lenaghan is different. He'd do it out of pure malice because he's involved with the troglodytes. Just as I'd do to them.

It's not always the ends that make a difference, but how you get there. We were a victim of circumstance with Au Yeung. Horrible as it is, it's still far less painful than than letting the troglodytes get one over on us.

The rent is a percentage of the gate receipts, same as we pay.

Edit:
Just had a quick look at their accounts for year ending 2018 and they paid a total of £294,648 in stadium costs.
That is an absolute steal. I wonder if they have business rates on top of that.

I think the thing that people forget is that we also pay rent to the stadium company at the same rate, if the new owners put up the rent for the rugby then that also affects us as ours will rise as well.

I know that the stadium will be owned by the same people but it is in essence a separate business and as such needs to cover its own costs.
TB can you explain in more detail that last paragraph, as I am at a loss to understand it. I thought it was pretty standard practice for businesses to move money around inter company ?

TB can you explain in more detail that last paragraph, as I am at a loss to understand it. I thought it was pretty standard practice for businesses to move money around inter company ?

You are right that businesses are able in some part to move money around between themselves in the form of inter company loans, but these loans are reflected in the accounts and will affect profitability. The tax situation for the property company is based on profits and HMRC would take a dim view of companies shifting money round to avoid profits and so avoid tax. Therefore the property company needs to show accounts that truly reflect the business and prove to the tax authorities that it is being run as a separate entity and not just a means of avoiding taxation. This needs to be done by covering its own costs as far as possible and not relying on inter company transfers.

I don't think Kenny is really trying to big up Lenegan, but he has a valid point - you saying Lenegan is worse than Yeung after what just happened is a bit excessive to say the least.
What Pollard tried to do to us with the stadium was the footballing equivalent of stopping by a man lying in the gutter bleeding out having been shot, pickpocketing him of his wallet and walking on without calling for help. Sure, the jail time wouldn't be as long as what the shooter would get, but in many's eyes the robber is just as much a ba**ard.