A bit quiet on Vital ! | Page 3 | Vital Football

A bit quiet on Vital !

Lots of pics and reports rolling in... Do a twitter search on #tornado and you'll see plenty.

http://www.businessinsider.com/large-tornado-near-peoria-illinois-2013-11

We get storms rolling in off the Pennine Moors and as I live very high up I can see them coming across , but they are nothing like the storms in the States !

Chiefs fell to Denver 27-17... A little disappointed we didn't capitalize on our opportunities, but not surprised by the result. (Sound familiar?)

MF ... It does ! There has been some spectacular film of the tornadoes in the USA on the BBC News here ! Looked scary ! Hope your car wasnt in the way !

We had a beautiful sunny day down here in Texas... tied the record high for the day with 87 degrees. All the storms were well to the northeast, from St. Louis across Illinois-Indiana-Ohio-Michigan. I really didn't follow much of the severe weather yesterday since it was mostly out of of the territories I've grown up or lived in. It's those Kansas/Oklahoma events like we saw last spring that usually get my attention, plus whatever happens locally of course.

This weekend remains a question, however... with thunderstorms possible Friday that might give way to bonafide winter precipitation over the weekend. The computer models are flip-flopping with every run.

We had a good freeze last week (down to 26 degrees), so my yard won't need mowing again until perhaps March and the bugs and weeds should be done as well. I wouldn't mind a little snow - unlike most natives and the transplants from up north who can't drive on it, I have no problems - especially after I add a couple of bags of sand to the back of my truck.

I used to be last to post on the mornings chat on here , now I am the first !

..... Its f-f-f-ffeezing here ! The YellowMobile is covered in ice and I am getting dragged off to some shopping mall for holiday clothes !

Did holiday clothes shopping include shorts or scarves? Very cold in West Midlands today. Brrr!!!

Mr S and I no longer shop together unless ABSOLUTELY ( sorry capitals) necessary. It causes too much fuss and agro. It is easier for me to go and spend an absolute fortune on my own, which I happily did at weekend when he was in a tent in N Wales at weekend. Got away with murder.......

All quiet ! No NC news this morning . At one time we would have all been talking about going to Newcastle but I only know of DG who is going . I am guilty of not going , but if wasnt for setting off early on Monday on holiday, I would have gone !

I missed the original match but the USA national team has their highlights posted of their 0-0 draw at Scotland. Snoddy is featured with several good touches and a free kick that looked a lot like the one he scored on the Hammers last week (1:45 in). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLqypKd8pVc

mfosterftw - 18/11/2013 20:28

We had a beautiful sunny day down here in Texas... tied the record high for the day with 87 degrees.

This weekend remains a question, however... with thunderstorms possible Friday that might give way to bonafide winter precipitation over the weekend. The computer models are flip-flopping with every run.

Front came through last night, giving us some nice thunderstorms and about an inch of rain. So the 79 degree humid day yesterday has given way to a 32 degree morning. There is some rain still out there, but the cold layer behind the front is very shallow - it's 59 degrees at 4000 feet, and with the warm ground there is no concern for freezing rain.

The real fun is still Sunday. We are looking at an inch of sleet starting in the afternoon through Monday morning. If the temp profile changes a little we could see a ton of freezing rain, or snow.

I know it is the storms and hail and tornadoes that attract all the attention, but I've always maintained that it is lot easier to forecast those storms than it is winter precip in this part of the country. A little change in temperature makes a lot of difference between an event and a non event.

The flip side of this cold windy day is that I finally have a reason to break out the superwarm yellow and green scarf my wife made last year. :)