A bit quiet on Vital ! | Page 2 | Vital Football

A bit quiet on Vital !

When I was teaching, I played Peter Pan in the staff panto. I haven't grown any older since. :156:

Biscay can be a tad rough this time of year....but if forecast is right for UK we have snow heading our way next week..reports of up to 6"....Brrrrr.

I have never experienced bad weather in the Bay Of Biscay before , but then again , this is the first time I will have been at sea in December ! This is Mrs YBs retirement cruise this time , and its nice to have the freedom to go away whenever you want ( finances depending) .When the cash runs out I will go back to caravan holidays at Park Resorts ! !

Cold here, got to take the little terrier out on the field in a minute. I was semi retired, but have come out of retirement and now seem to be working more than ever! You looking forwards to Newcastle away DG? It will be freezing up in that stand, was freezing when w went last year and that was September.

looking forward to weekend away but am very worried about taking 2 days off work. I will be 30 hours behind and have more and more projects coming in. Went and looked at 2 this morning and have another 3 to look at over next 2 days on top of the 40 or so currently on going :eek:

I did watch a little soccer yesterday morning, as I found a feed for Levski Sofia's Bulgarian FA Cup game. That my brother's team to root for since he spends about half his time living in Sofia... Though he's home for the holidays now.

Had my college football game on yesterday. Oklahoma started slow but took over in the second half to stomp Iowa State 48-10.

But my main activity this weekend was getting back in the broadcast booth. A decade ago my first ice hockey gig was with a team here that later moved and is now in Topeka, Kansas. Well, a new team in the same league is back at my local arena and they played Topeka, who still has the same coach from when they were down here and the broadcaster I recommended they hire. So it was homecoming weekend for all of us, and I put on the headset and told stories at intermissions and added a little analysis and color throughout the two games. I'll get to do it again in February when Topeka returns.

As for today, I'm just going to enjoy the day... Sunny, windy and warm... 76 outside at 10AM and should hit about 85 this afternoon... Record high for DFW is 87. Tonight my Kansas City Chiefs play in Denver and hope to remain the only undefeated team in the NFL.

So yeah, the international break was well-timed.

I may have a look and see if that game is on over here on ESPN , MF ! Those temperatures sound a dream as it is grey , damp and cold here and about 7 degrees . We are back to Greenwich Mean Time here and at 16.20 its nearly dark in the North of England . Its over a month until the shortest day , so plenty of dark evenings to come . Football is a bit grim at this time of year and I just dont fancy a trip to Sunderland on the shortest day on Dec 21st . Think I will will just sit by my roaring fire and roast my walnuts ! :posh:

The NFL is freaking out a bit, however... All this warm moist air streaming NE has created a significant threat for severe weather. Tornado watches are already issued across much of the Midwest, including Chicago where the Bears face the Ravens. There are at least four games where weather will play a significant role.

Tornadoes currently on the ground in Central Illinois. Peoria/Pekin area took a hit and everything is moving towards Chicago fast...