20210919 PL Match Thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea FC | Page 12 | Vital Football

20210919 PL Match Thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea FC

Result?

• Win

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't see the game today.

What I don't agree with is that the first 3 games were flukes. I think they were deserved, but unspectacular in style. What has REALLY derailed us is, again, off-field issues and having to change the way we play because of them when we were in a good patch of form. Off-field issues always plague this club and it needs to be sorted the fuck out.
Though to a degree Matic I agree with you, we are very fast becoming an excuse for everything team.

What I don't agree with is that the first 3 games were flukes. I think they were deserved, but unspectacular in style. What has REALLY derailed us is, again, off-field issues and having to change the way we play because of them when we were in a good patch of form. Off-field issues always plague this club and it needs to be sorted the fuck out.

City could have been been 2-3 up by half time. Only by luck we wasn't.

Wolves battered us, it was a smash and grab.

Watford easily deserved a draw.

The stats don't lie Matic, under Nuno we don't create or score goals. We now concede goals easily.

He is naturally a negative manager.

He should have never been appointed. I'm now questioning the great Fabios ability.

I have never rated Levy so pointless talking about him.

What you saw was Nuno pick a team that couldn't play 90 mins. We were excellent in the first half. Gio, Dele, Tanguy and Son were on it and stretching them all over the place. Even though Kane was playing like a statue again he was also involved.

The problem is Tanguy was never going to last 90 after Thursday. We all know Gio rarely plays a strong 90 mins so those 2 disappeared as subs. Dele ended up retreating to the space in front of Reggie whilst Kane just walked around and couldn't be arsed. Gil unfortunately isn't quite ready for the 2nd half style of football and the game passed Skipp by again.

It was our best half but also equally as bad as Palace in the 2nd half.

Prem table 11 to 20 all got minus goal diff, 10 to 1 all got plus goal diff, no wait a minute, 1 team hasn't, you got it Spurs -3, all this after 5 games, am writing whilst angry, so as our players I really do not give a fcuk anymore!
Why would they PY, they see the way that Levy operates. They ain't going to win anything with this shit he keeps adhering to every season. 4th choice manager, its utterly pathetic for a huge club like Spurs.

Though to a degree Matic I agree with you, we are very fast becoming an excuse for everything team.

I wouldn't mind if the main reason we were losing is because we aren't very good, but I don't think that is the case.

After the first 3 games I thought we were finally looking a bit more defensively solid again, with much better teamwork. What I think we definitely are is the team that shoots itself in the foot at every opportunity. We should never have let our S.American players go on International duty and as Son was already struggling with an injury we needed to stop him going too.

We aren't selfish enough as a club to protect our own interests first, unless it involves money. If we start Vs Palace with the same squad we played Vs Citeh, I think we win. If we have that confidence still intact I think we do better against Chelscum. Instead we have a patchwork squad against Palace and Nuno starts to lose his own confidence.

Kane is a separate issue and all that takes is Nuno to bench his ass as soon as we have Lucas and Bergwijn fit.

We had Son and Kane up front today,the most lethal combo in the EPL and we still couldn't score. Nothing to do with off field issues. That's a lame excuse.

Why would they PY, they see the way that Levy operates. They ain't going to win anything with this shit he keeps adhering to every season. 4th choice manager, its utterly pathetic for a huge club like Spurs.
No matter what! they get paid huge sums of money, so at least go out and do your best, die trying! even if you disagree with the way things are, try for once and think of the fans and their wasted hard earned dosh! they dish out to watch you let them down every bloody week.
I have no idea where in any business you can get away with what we are witnessing and still get paid except yes Prem Pro Football.

I wouldn't mind if the main reason we were losing is because we aren't very good, but I don't think that is the case.

After the first 3 games I thought we were finally looking a bit more defensively solid again, with much better teamwork. What I think we definitely are is the team that shoots itself in the foot at every opportunity. We should never have let our S.American players go on International duty and as Son was already struggling with an injury we needed to stop him going too.

We aren't selfish enough as a club to protect our own interests first, unless it involves money. If we start Vs Palace with the same squad we played Vs Citeh, I think we win. If we have that confidence still intact I think we do better against Chelscum. Instead we have a patchwork squad against Palace and Nuno starts to lose his own confidence.

Kane is a separate issue and all that takes is Nuno to bench his ass as soon as we have Lucas and Bergwijn fit.
Ok Matic I see where your coming from.

We had Son and Kane up front today,the most lethal combo in the EPL and we still couldn't score. Nothing to do with off field issues. That's a lame excuse.

Son is fresh back from an injury and Kane has been appalling for a while now. Kane isn't even trying by what people say. They may once have been one of the most lethal combos but only Son is lethal at this point.

I'm not for one second defending Nuno, but this club is a magnet for off-field issues that cause big problems on it. The Rose interview, the Kane Interview, Poch's book, the Amazon Documentary, Eriksen's contract fiasco, all of Mourinho's very public mismanagement of players, the 3 month search for a manager, the Super League, Harry's court case and now this mess of an international break.

Why do you think Nuno was in such a bad mood during and after the international break?! He knew that the momentum he had managed to build in a very limited time was obliterated by off-the-field issues.

Kane's on the field crap is because of his off the field crap. They quite often go together.

Perhaps the media are starting to spot what we've been saying for months and months. Keane and Souness are slaughtering him. Body language, effort, running, attitude etc.

I am sorry but people are going to say Kane was shit Kane was lazy. Kane was good with the ball and chased backwards and forwards. He had our only shot on goal. Son did not work as hard just stayed up against Tiago who marked him out the game he bottled the one on one with kepa. Dele gave the ball away so many times and did nothing going forward. Gio awful , Hojbjerg was average for 10 minutes then awful for 80. Emerson average as was Reg. Romero looked lost for most of the game but it was his first game. Dier was our best outfield player but motm was Hugo who kept us at 3 and not 6.
Skipp was decent when he came on but Gil was just like a little boy playing against men he did nothing really and for them saying he will offer more than Lamela then they are very wrong. Maybe in a season he may come good but we need him now.
Nuno may have sent us out to try and catch Chelsea out by pressing but it only lasted for a little while and we never threatened really , once Tuchel got the hang of our system the outplayed us for the rest of the game and Nuno had no answers

Son is fresh back from an injury and Kane has been appalling for a while now. Kane isn't even trying by what people say. They may once have been one of the most lethal combos but only Son is lethal at this point.

I'm not for one second defending Nuno, but this club is a magnet for off-field issues that cause big problems on it. The Rose interview, the Kane Interview, Poch's book, the Amazon Documentary, Eriksen's contract fiasco, all of Mourinho's very public mismanagement of players, the 3 month search for a manager, the Super League, Harry's court case and now this mess of an international break.

Why do you think Nuno was in such a bad mood during and after the international break?! He knew that the momentum he had managed to build in a very limited time was obliterated by off-the-field issues.
A book and couple of player interviews should not impact on a teams performance, Nor should it influence a managers decision sorry Mut ,its no excuse mate.

I am sorry but people are going to say Kane was shit Kane was lazy. Kane was good with the ball and chased backwards and forwards. He had our only shot on goal. Son did not work as hard just stayed up against Tiago who marked him out the game he bottled the one on one with kepa. Dele gave the ball away so many times and did nothing going forward. Gio awful , Hojbjerg was average for 10 minutes then awful for 80. Emerson average as was Reg. Romero looked lost for most of the game but it was his first game. Dier was our best outfield player but motm was Hugo who kept us at 3 and not 6.
Skipp was decent when he came on but Gil was just like a little boy playing against men he did nothing really and for them saying he will offer more than Lamela then they are very wrong. Maybe in a season he may come good but we need him now.
Nuno may have sent us out to try and catch Chelsea out by pressing but it only lasted for a little while and we never threatened really , once Tuchel got the hang of our system the outplayed us for the rest of the game and Nuno had no answers

I agree with most of that. I already said that whilst Kane was like a statue all game he was pretty good on the ball in the first half. He was terrible with it in the 2nd half. He wasn't chasing backwards and forwards though. He was doing just enough to try and pretend he was "chasing". His shutting down all game amounted to very little.

Personally, I'd rather tell him to leave it all there for an hour, then 70 mins next week, 80 mins the week after etc until he proves he's fit. If he doesn't give me the first 45 mins then he'd be having a shower.

You're spot on about Son. This is a problem we've had for a while. Another one going through the motions when the going gets tough. You wouldn't think he's the 29 year old in the side. It's Gil's job to be like that at his age.

I agree with most of that. I already said that whilst Kane was like a statue all game he was pretty good on the ball in the first half. He was terrible with it in the 2nd half. He wasn't chasing backwards and forwards though. He was doing just enough to try and pretend he was "chasing". His shutting down all game amounted to very little.

Personally, I'd rather tell him to leave it all there for an hour, then 70 mins next week, 80 mins the week after etc until he proves he's fit. If he doesn't give me the first 45 mins then he'd be having a shower.

You're spot on about Son. This is a problem we've had for a while. Another one going through the motions when the going gets tough. You wouldn't think he's the 29 year old in the side. It's Gil's job to be like that at his age.

I thought the first 20 Kane closed down well but when we stopped attacking then he was not at the races until he got the ball but then we never attacked much after that.

Son has been going through the motions for a while but now he has his fat new contract he is happy.

Gil looks out of his depth bringing him on weakens us. People might hate Lamela but he would definitely have given us more than Gil and would have picked the tempo up.

I'm defo gone now, just ignore me if I have a Drunk rant about 12. The Merlot is exceptional by the way. I still love my Club no matter what's going on. C.O.Y.S.and as for Greavsie,we could have done with him today.Night lads,we really need a few women on here. The last girl we had on here was Spursgirl4life,I think that was her username and she knew her stuff.Anyway night.zzzzzz.