20210919 PL Match Thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea FC | Page 15 | Vital Football

20210919 PL Match Thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea FC

Result?

• Win

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That wasn't our best 11 or bench . We had Tanganga, Moura and Bergwijn missing. Romero played instead of Sanchez also. It's getting debatable now whether Regulion is in front of Davies the way he is performing.

It's been said before, but I'm going to emphasize it - after watching the recording of the game late last night after getting back, with Kane, we might as well play with 10 men.

Nuno has to find some balls and deal with him.

I think the situation is bigger than Nuno though ex. It sounds ridiculous (him being the manger in situ) but Levy created this problem. I’ve no doubt that Nuno feels pressure to play Kane. Yesterday I actually liked the fact the Sonny played more advanced with Kane out on the left. He was certainly more effective there than up top later in the game.

He should have been sold this summer. He wasn’t. His currently effort doesn’t warrant a place in the bench never mind the starting 11. As a club we need to have the courage to leave him out altogether until he decides he wants to give his all. Otherwise let him rot and kiss goodbye to his resale value. He’ll be hurting his own career just as much as our bank balance.

I think the situation is bigger than Nuno though ex. It sounds ridiculous (him being the manger in situ) but Levy created this problem. I’ve no doubt that Nuno feels pressure to play Kane. Yesterday I actually liked the fact the Sonny played more advanced with Kane out on the left. He was certainly more effective there than up top later in the game.

He should have been sold this summer. He wasn’t. His currently effort doesn’t warrant a place in the bench never mind the starting 11. As a club we need to have the courage to leave him out altogether until he decides he wants to give his all. Otherwise let him rot and kiss goodbye to his resale value. He’ll be hurting his own career just as much as our bank balance.

Got to be honest, playing him on the left when he has so little pace left I thought was a big mistake; I thought he was poor in all aspects i.e. defence, in transition and in attack., he was marginally better in the first half of course, but unless he plays forward and on a defence/midfielders shoulder, he forces the whole team to play deeper and become more vulnerable to the press.

But I agree, we have to have the courage to drop him for a while; so that he can recover after playing far too much football in my view in the last few years and so that he can think clearly about how he's playing and why.

As you say at the moment, we're allowing him to drive down his value.

I have calmed down now lol! I re-watched the game last night in solitude, Mrs PY thought I was a quote "fcuking massochist twat".

Any how I was quite impressed with 1st 20-30 mins of the 1st half, pressing getting about the Chavs, shocked them as well as ourselves really, I thought to myself the 1st 20-30 mins is hopefully the start of things to come, still could be fingers crossed.

In general at the end, as I am not really a HK basher, I am now! we are carrying him, playing with 10 men, he is a striker, world class at his best, a mighty Yes! as it is now an even bigger No!, even when we were playing quite good in those 1st 20-30mns I just thought he is going through the motions.

To back me/us up on HK, Souness and Keane got their punditry/thoughts on him spot on....one line from Souness hit it on the nail...."we, him n Keane, are midfield players we win the ball back, look up for our striker to pass to, but oh! he is standing beside us" that for me "hits it on the nail" the problem we are having with HK, further adding "get him off the pitch", Keane agreeing with him.

Some say we have no playmakers, peops to pass the ball into space for our Strikers, breakdown opposition defences, maybe yes, but if our "World class" striker is in central midfield who do they pass to anyway, HK needs to go back to being that Spurs striker we all loved, defend from the front and putting fear up the oppositions back line, and so giving our midfielders something to look for, for me its that simple, my opinion anyway!

I have calmed down now lol! I re-watched the game last night in solitude, Mrs PY thought I was a quote "fcuking massochist twat".

Any how I was quite impressed with 1st 20-30 mins of the 1st half, pressing getting about the Chavs, shocked them as well as ourselves really, I thought to myself the 1st 20-30 mins is hopefully the start of things to come, still could be fingers crossed.

In general at the end, as I am not really a HK basher, I am now! we are carrying him, playing with 10 men, he is a striker, world class at his best, a mighty Yes! as it is now an even bigger No!, even when we were playing quite good in those 1st 20-30mns I just thought he is going through the motions.

To back me/us up on HK, Souness and Keane got their punditry/thoughts on him spot on....one line from Souness hit it on the nail...."we, him n Keane, are midfield players we win the ball back, look up for our striker to pass to, but oh! he is standing beside us" that for me "hits it on the nail" the problem we are having with HK, further adding "get him off the pitch", Keane agreeing with him.

Some say we have no playmakers, peops to pass the ball into space for our Strikers, breakdown opposition defences, maybe yes, but if our "World class" striker is in central midfield who do they pass to anyway, HK needs to go back to being that Spurs striker we all loved, defend from the front and putting fear up the oppositions back line, and so giving our midfielders something to look for, for me its that simple, my opinion anyway!
I watched those two lay into him. I have to say I thought they were spot on. I am not tactical genius but it summed his day up (and many others he's been having)

As far as I'm concerned, you don't get to play attacking midfield and only do one part of the job description. Kane is a quality footballer, who did some good work from deep in the first half. It wasn't much though in comparison to the others. However, we must remember that he was a massive part of why Gio and Tanguy were simply knackered in the second half. They shouldn't have to run past him one direction and then run past him the other direction. He should be the one to get back in with Hojbjerg if they are the ones running beyond him. That is if he is calling himself anything other than the striker.

Nuno also needs to start asking the other players in training why they're not treating Kane in the same way as they would other team mates if they were being lazy. Totally empower them to start getting into the entitled one. The squad needs that healthy tension. That is what winning sides do.

I watched those two lay into him. I have to say I thought they were spot on. I am not tactical genius but it summed his day up (and many others he's been having)

I was disappointed. I've watched these two pundits completely lambast other players who have done far less than Kane has in 2021. They've turned the blind eye on Kane all year and it was like it was the first time they were seeing it. That rant should have been back in April / May. Even yesterday's rant was way too soft. Total double standards.

As far as I'm concerned, you don't get to play attacking midfield and only do one part of the job description. Kane is a quality footballer, who did some good work from deep in the first half. It wasn't much though in comparison to the others. However, we must remember that he was a massive part of why Gio and Tanguy were simply knackered in the second half. They shouldn't have to run past him one direction and then run past him the other direction. He should be the one to get back in with Hojbjerg if they are the ones running beyond him. That is if he is calling himself anything other than the striker.

Nuno also needs to start asking the other players in training why they're not treating Kane in the same way as they would other team mates if they were being lazy. Totally empower them to start getting into the entitled one. The squad needs that healthy tension. That is what winning sides do.
Not only the players but the fans too. I didn't pick up on any discontent in the ground other than a loud groan towards the end at a misplaced pass.

I thought he'd have a tougher time at the ground although I suppose the fans are caught betwixt and between: getting on a player's back rarely helps improve his performance.

And what assists and goals do we get from Alli and Lo Celso? Lucas isn’t great but he offers more than the anonymous duo.

I'm pretty sure Dele has a better goals and assists return than Lucas in his time here. However I'm confident his best days are gone.

Lo Celso looks poor. I don't think he can handle the Premier league pace and physicality.

I'm pretty sure Dele has a better goals and assists return than Lucas in his time here. However I'm confident his best days are gone.

Lo Celso looks poor. I don't think he can handle the Premier league pace and physicality.
I wonder if we have already seen the best of Dele. Has he already reached his peak? I don't really get what he does anymore.

Thing is Nick that I don’t see any of them making much of a difference.

Possibly but it's about balance in attack and pace. Bergwijn and Moura will make the runs allowing Kane to get in better positions. Starting Romero instead of Sanchez didn't make much sense to me, the PL experience and team familiarity difference is massive.

I was responding to the notion that it was our best 11.

3 goals in 5 games. Bottom in the league for creativity. Hardly looking good is it?
It's a poor return but I think the team that started yesterday (maybe excluding Kane) will score goals against almost any other team.

Yesterday was the first time for a long time that I saw our front six play as a cohesive unit. The passing was better, the interplay and understanding between the players was much better, as was the movement. And the whole unit was looking to go forward at every opportunity. It was intelligent football. There was even pressing from the front and quite a few turnovers from their players. And this against the best organised defence in the country.

I just hope now that Nuno sticks with it.

On the Silva goal although Dele takes responsibility and has stated as such. Dier did jump for the ball but he and Dele kind of got in each others way. Dele couldn't really jump as Dier may have impeded him and Dele may have inadvertently shielded Silva from Dier. I may be seeing it wrong, take a look on Spurs website highlights, it replays it from a few angles and you can rewind until you are sure.

Yes, but it is still frustrating that the Harry love-in lasted so long when us fans picked up on it several months ago, even in the England fold.

Edit: Oops, only going through the thread and noted Muttley already covered the point.

Kane is getting slated but he put in a ball the keeper spilled and Son almost reached it. Also Kane was beside Son in the box when Son let the ball get away from him and the keeper just got to it. Kane was right there level in the box.
Regulion was clear in on the left and couldn't find the pass into two of our players on goal. It was a terrible pass after Dele started the move and Son put Reguilon through with a nice weighted ball.
I agree Kane is not at his best but he needs service not him being the service.