Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Worried about this one.

Apparently we don't get the 3 players back from Croatia until a day or so before the Chelsea match. Load onto that the injury list that we've picked up in the last week or so plus Japhet's suspension.

I wouldn't blame Nuno for reverting to 3 at the back.

Worried about this one.

Apparently we don't get the 3 players back from Croatia until a day or so before the Chelsea match. Load onto that the injury list that we've picked up in the last week or so plus Japhet's suspension.

I wouldn't blame Nuno for reverting to 3 at the back.
Who's the 3? Dier will be out. Japhet's out. Romero, Sanchez and Davies? It would be a massive risk I reckon.

We will get smashed. The pressure will start to mount on Nuno.

If you don't create chances your in trouble. Now we look shaky at the back I don't see how anyone can be optimistic.

Nah...I don't see any pressure mounting on Nuno. Honestly...the fact that we have 9 points right now is a damn surprise to me. Hell we could be battling it out with Arsenal at the bottom...which honestly is where I thought we would be.

I have settled down now...my expectations are back where they should be for this team. I have to believe that this is a rebuild...and it has just begun. Nuno is unfortunately strapped with too many players that wouldn't start for many teams in the top half...hell some in the bottom.

If I was Nuno...I would accept reality...start the youth movement ASAP and push some of our 'regular starters' to the bench. (Kane would be the biggest statement)

**Seriously I know this generates hate mail...but lately we look like a totally different team when Kane does not play vs when he does. I think the team looks more like a TEAM and less like a group of dipshit individuals.

Nah...I don't see any pressure mounting on Nuno. Honestly...the fact that we have 9 points right now is a damn surprise to me. Hell we could be battling it out with Arsenal at the bottom...which honestly is where I thought we would be.

I have settled down now...my expectations are back where they should be for this team. I have to believe that this is a rebuild...and it has just begun. Nuno is unfortunately strapped with too many players that wouldn't start for many teams in the top half...hell some in the bottom.

If I was Nuno...I would accept reality...start the youth movement ASAP and push some of our 'regular starters' to the bench. (Kane would be the biggest statement)

**Seriously I know this generates hate mail...but lately we look like a totally different team when Kane does not play vs when he does. I think the team looks more like a TEAM and less like a group of dipshit individuals.

I don't think any of us really know how to get the real Harry back. Restricting his game time is definitely one way. Putting him back into pre-season mode and just conditioning the shit out of him is another. Using video analysis to show him his horror show and appealing to his better nature is yet another. Perhaps, Harry needs a fan-player interview where he faces people like you and I and gets some home truths. Perhaps some player power from his own changing room might also prompt him to rethink.

Whatever Nuno is trying, it is not working.

Our next major purchase needs to be a striker. We need to go and break the bank and buy someone like Vlahovic. Let Dusan know he comes in as first choice and is the future. Kane cost us nothing so whatever we get for him is profit anyway. Move on.

I don't think any of us really know how to get the real Harry back. Restricting his game time is definitely one way. Putting him back into pre-season mode and just conditioning the shit out of him is another. Using video analysis to show him his horror show and appealing to his better nature is yet another. Perhaps, Harry needs a fan-player interview where he faces people like you and I and gets some home truths. Perhaps some player power from his own changing room might also prompt him to rethink.

Our next major purchase needs to be a striker. We need to go and break the bank and buy someone like Vlahovic. Let Dusan know he comes in as first choice and is the future. Kane cost us nothing so whatever we get for him is profit anyway. Move on.

100% agree!

" Nah...I don't see any pressure mounting on Nuno. Honestly...the fact that we have 9 points right now is a damn surprise to me. Hell we could be battling it out with Arsenal at the bottom...which honestly is where I thought we would be."

Don't speak too soon. The baffling thing is how we go from good honest performances to the tripe we saw V Palace. That really worries me. We're going to have injuries just like every other Club, so I don't want to hear about so and so being out.

As usual we have the depth of a young childs paddling pool, and have quite rightly rid ourselves of dead wood, only to replace with same. What do we all really expect?

I have not made fun of Arsenal for one second, as like it or not, they don't belong there, but it shows what can happen when mismanaged at CEO level.

This is a really important post. Nuno appears to be pussy footing about with Harry, which is clearly fueling the fire that he is bigger than the Club.

Hard love, reality check and even an intervention is required to shock him out of this sense of self entitlement.

A few on hear mentioned that if he stayed, his commitment and application would not be a problem. I was of the other opinion and hoped to be proved wrong. There is still time for Harry to prove he was worth holding on to.

This next game is his big chance.

C'mon Harry, show us that you still love the Club that made you what you are today.
I just can't see us getting any points from this without fielding 11 players that really want to play for the shirt, and not a pay cheque.

Looking at the fixture list before the season began, I saw us 4-up and 6-down over the first 10 games. Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal (IKR), Newcastle, West Ham and Man U - with wins over Wolves Watford Palace and City.

So swap the City and Palace results , I'm still on track at this point (3-up and 1-down). I'll stick my neck out and say we played our best football on the opening day of the season and haven't come close to that yet...so far.

I have no idea why I begun this post with the above...just because, I guess? Or maybe as an early indicator of us playing to the level of our competition. For our sake let's hope I'm right about that for this next match up.

I heard Lukaku's got a stomach strain or pulled abdominal muscle (but I heard that from a gooner cousin of mine, so not sure how true that is. Kante's being rested and will miss there CL game today - I look at that as a sign of intent meaning they are taking the game against us deadly seriously! Who in our squad is going to let the newer players that might suit up and take the field what this means to the club and us supporters? Too often, of late, I've seen our team come out with no drive, no intensity, and no fight against our London rivals, whereas on the other hand those same rivals have gone for the jugular from the opening to the final whistle!

Expect Chelsea to come out measured and controlled looking to soak up some early exuberance from us. Once that's fizzled out I fully expect them to pounce and pretty much pick us apart (even without Lukaku). However, there is a way to get a result from this game and that's to be disciplined and controlled. If we play the press then everyone's got to be on the same string. Our intensity has to of a slow burn type and last the entire match. Someone has to be the on-field leader and get in the faces of any team mate that's not doing their job (never was a fan of Goalkeeper captains).

Games are won and lost in midfield and on paper and in stats their's is better than ours, but we can disrupt them. I saw a few seasons back where Poch put Dele on Jorginho and Dele made the guy disappear...I was in shock I didn't know the lad could be that disciplined...unfortunately I don't remember anything else about that game, nor have I seen a repeat performance from our guy!

I put my score in the predictor thread (got it in early this week...as opposed to not getting it in at all last week!).

BREAKING NEWS: My Gooner cuz was having me on...Lukaku is fit!

" Nah...I don't see any pressure mounting on Nuno. Honestly...the fact that we have 9 points right now is a damn surprise to me. Hell we could be battling it out with Arsenal at the bottom...which honestly is where I thought we would be."

Don't speak too soon. The baffling thing is how we go from good honest performances to the tripe we saw V Palace. That really worries me. We're going to have injuries just like every other Club, so I don't want to hear about so and so being out.

As usual we have the depth of a young childs paddling pool, and have quite rightly rid ourselves of dead wood, only to replace with same. What do we all really expect?

I have not made fun of Arsenal for one second, as like it or not, they don't belong there, but it shows what can happen when mismanaged at CEO level.

Hod....oh don't worry...I posted elsewhere that I totally foresee a rapid descent down the table.

We are Spurs...there is one thing we are consistent at...inconsistency

Will Gio, Sanchez, Son, Romero be available?

If so I would play all of them. If not then Ndombele, Gil need to start.

Was pretty much going to say the same, otherwise, they will crush us.
The issue of course is how shortly before the game our South American contingent get back - almost no time for real prep.

Afraid our bad karma has surfaced again and Nuno will do well to get a really good performance out of us for this.

It all depends on our team.

If Son, Bergwijn, Dier, Sanchez, Lo Celso, Romero all out again then we're going to get embarrassed, no 2 ways about it.

If Son & Bergwijn back along with the South Americans then we might surprise a few. At least we know we will be a threat on the counter at the very least.

Either way I can't see a positive result but Son being back will be a huge lift.

My preferred team for tomorrow based on the following assumptions:

Son, Moura, Berg, Sess, Tanga and Dier are unavailable
Kane and PEH are certain starters
Scarlett and Gil won't be risked

Lloris
Royal, Romero, Sanchez, Reggie
PEH Skipp
Lo Celso Ndombele Dele
Kane

My preferred team for tomorrow based on the following assumptions:

Son, Moura, Berg, Sess, Tanga and Dier are unavailable
Kane and PEH are certain starters
Scarlett and Gil won't be risked

Lloris
Royal, Romero, Sanchez, Reggie
PEH Skipp
Lo Celso Ndombele Dele
Kane

Would you stick with that if Dier and Son are pronounced fit enough to play?