2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 360 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Not sure that's how I would describe Norwich, Watford or Brentford last year. Thought all 3 were decent footballing sides,

The year before that, Villa, Fulham and West Brom, again none of those did it with brute force and were good footballing sides.

Think the idea of brute force went along time ago but cannot be bothered to go back any further than 2 years.

West brom were big physical team. Tallest defence in the league 6ft3

Same with Watford. They had the tallest. Both teams were tallest in the league

West brom were big physical team. Tallest defence in the league 6ft3

Same with Watford. They had the tallest. Both teams were tallest in the league

Being tall does not make you a brute. Worrall, McKenna and Yates would fit in to that theory. They were all footballing sides, not ones that would physically batter you off the pitch.

It comes back to identity for me, deciding how we want to play and recruiting accordingly, I see zero evidence this is happening sadly.

Were at the start of that process, it should of been done 4 years ago mind. For now we do not have a manager that aligns with that, but I'd imagine that will only be for another week.

Were at the start of that process, it should of been done 4 years ago mind. For now we do not have a manager that aligns with that, but I'd imagine that will only be for another week.

Not sure I share the optimism, my personal view is managers aren't being backed in a way that brings success, we will probably always be at the start of the process until the club sorts it's shit out.

Not sure I share the optimism, my personal view is managers aren't being backed in a way that brings success, we will probably always be at the start of the process until the club sorts it's shit out.

My optimism comes from Dane and Dane only mate. He can recruit managers to suit the model he wants to see implemented. Both his appointments at Barnsley have both been pinched. Other than that I have no optimism about our vision at all.

My optimism comes from Dane and Dane only mate. He can recruit managers to suit the model he wants to see implemented. Both his appointments at Barnsley have both been pinched. Other than that I have no optimism about our vision at all.

That's a fair point, I'm not sure how much influence he is actually having, who knows !

There isn't a hope in hell we are going to beat boro. What are the club actually waiting for. Beginning to believe they can't afford to sack him

I suspect they’re ensuring they have the replacement lined up same day. They’ve done that with the last few. I’d be flabbergasted if they’re not ironing out the details with their target from what I’ve heard.

Being tall does not make you a brute. Worrall, McKenna and Yates would fit in to that theory. They were all footballing sides, not ones that would physically batter you off the pitch.

It certainly helps. As we saw at the weekend. Remember the derby side that got promoted. Big powerful players like Darren Moore.

Garner has been disappointing since he came back. We have had a stream of players who haven't been the same on coming back (Colback is the latest), let's hope Garner isn't another one.
hes still a kid. and basically kids are inconsistent, the problem is that a kid has to be our main central player in reality. ch's decision