2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 359 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

They aren't going to come good though, that's the problem. It is strikingly obvious.

No forest manager in our living memory has started this badly and then turned it around. Ever.

We don't remotely look like winning a football match. It's not like we are losing to "fine margins". We aren't. We've been deservedly beaten in every game.

Let's be honest- there isn't a single game this season that we deserved to win over the 90 minutes. There has been a couple where forest have treated us to part of a half where we've been decent; that's it. We got a point at Derby but you can't make an argument for us as winners- you could easily see Derby holding onto those 3 points though.

We've been a country mile from victory every time, and the fact that it's always been only 1 goal in it belies the absolute chasm between us as the opposition in every game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58544574

Not fine margins, definitely small margins though according to the clown…

Don't know how anyone could say it was fine margins yesterday. They could have scored at will in the 2nd half.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58544574

Not fine margins, definitely small margins though according to the clown…
He's talking crap.

Teams get ahead and then find it so easy to just shut down.

They drop down a gear and conserve energy because we carry so little threat they don't even need to pursue a third goal. If we've scored once it's a miracle; no chance of us doing it twice.

I actually think that the last game we deserved to win is probably the last one we won

He's talking crap.

Teams get ahead and then find it so easy to just shut down.

They drop down a gear and conserve energy because we carry so little threat they don't even need to pursue a third goal. If we've scored once it's a miracle; no chance of us doing it twice.

I actually think that the last game we deserved to win is probably the last one we won
I said weeks ago we could be relegated by Xmas and nothing has happened to make me change my mind since. They have got to replace the manager now as that is the only glimmer of hope if we can bring in someone who knows what he is doing!

It says it all that Hughton’s proclaiming how much we need an ‘undeserved win’ where a goal goes in off someone’s arse.

He literally has no idea what to do to improve things. Praying for a game like Coventry at home last season as your solution to our abysmal form would be laughable if it wasn’t so depressing for us fans.

I reckon they can't get anyone to take over from Hughton.
We have sunk to new depths.
If Wilder genuinely was interested and a deal could be done, he would be here.

Just got home from work and I can't believe he's still in charge.

Dane Murphy and the entire heirarchy absolutely look like they want to relegate us.

A load of old shite spouted by Murphy about his "success" this window and how he reckons it will take X number of windows to get to the end point.

Fuck me, if this is the start I dread to think what the end will look like.

This utter clown does realise that there is such a thing as relegation in these leagues right? That he doesn't just get three windows to fuck about and it he divorced from any consequences?

Because he is keeping probably the worst performing manager of my lifetime in a job to squander more games and I can't even imagine a single possible reason why that could be the right thing to do.

We'll be six points adrift this time next week.

I suspect the reason Hughton is still in a job is because they know they haven't got a hope in hell of recruiting anyone anywhere near as good as him.

They know that if he doesn't turn it around, no one that they are ever capable of employing will be now as well.

Basically, the club is doomed and these clowns need to fuck off.

To be fair here he asked for John McGinn and Olly Watkins and we gave him Barry McKay and Jason Cummings.
He didn't ask for Olly Watkins at all.

He wanted Daryl Murphy, that was his choice, and he paid through the nose for him despite Watkins costing about the same.

Barrie McKay was a player he wanted 100%
Jason Cummings was a player he wanted 100%

As was the dreadful Darikwa.

McGinn was never coming here either, he was holding out for a move to Celtic at the time.

He didn't ask for Olly Watkins at all.

He wanted Daryl Murphy, that was his choice, and he paid through the nose for him despite Watkins costing about the same.

Barrie McKay was a player he wanted 100%
Jason Cummings was a player he wanted 100%

As was the dreadful Darikwa.

McGinn was never coming here either, he was holding out for a move to Celtic at the time.

I beg to differ on Watkins.

And McGinn for that matter after an interview he did a few weeks ago where he practically said his bags were packed to join us on deadline day only for us not to stump up the cash. Where have I heard that before.

I beg to differ on Watkins.
By all means, I would be interested to see your evidence.

Several on here were strongly calling for Watkins at the time and very frustrated that the manager showed no interest.

In fairness, the Warburton thing is the most boring debate around at the moment. It's a constant on twitter "do we think we should have stuck with....".

Well, WE as fans didn't stick with or get rid of anybody. And bloody hell, it was shite a lot of the time. 60% defeat rate. I think we did QPR 4-0 and that was one of the only really great performances

By all means, I would be interested to see your evidence.

Several on here were strongly calling for Watkins at the time and very frustrated that the manager showed no interest.

In fairness, the Warburton thing is the most boring debate around at the moment. It's a constant on twitter "do we think we should have stuck with....".

Well, WE as fans didn't stick with or get rid of anybody. And bloody hell, it was shite a lot of the time. 60% defeat rate. I think we did QPR 4-0 and that was one of the only really great performances

I think fans are debating it because we did have one thing under him, an identity and we could see what he was trying to achieve in our play, and because it is that bad now with no real identity or idea of what were trying to do is probably the reason behind the debate. At the time the majority were calling for his head because of no plan b if plan a was not working.

Right now we have no plan a never mind a plan b.

I think fans are debating it because we did have one thing under him, an identity and we could see what he was trying to achieve in our play, and because it is that bad now with no real identity or idea of what were trying to do is probably the reason behind the debate. At the time the majority were calling for his head because of no plan b if plan a was not working.

Right now we have no plan a never mind a plan b.
Most of the time under Hughton we have had an identity though.

We were an ultra conservative side that kept clean sheets and won or lost 1-0. We as fans largely hated it but we're tolerant because a) it steered us from trouble and b) we didn't have to physically watch it live.

After 42 league games last year, only Chris Hughton can explain how he has managed to lose all of that in six games this season

Most of the time under Hughton we have had an identity though.

We were an ultra conservative side that kept clean sheets and won or lost 1-0. We as fans largely hated it but we're tolerant because a) it steered us from trouble and b) we didn't have to physically watch it live.

After 42 league games last year, only Chris Hughton can explain how he has managed to lose all of that in six games this season

I for one cannot see what we are trying to achieve in terms of identity, I'm certainly not alone in that. I just do not see what he is trying to achieve long term in terms of style other than being the most predictable team in the championship and we will not counter changes in game to try to get on top.

The hughton era for me has been totally depressing and sucked the life out of football entertainment.

I can only presume we are discussing his successor and having it in place before we announce his departure.

Big issue for me was when Cardiff changed their tactics/shape in the second half , hughton did fuck all to combat it, we clearly struggled and he left it the same

Happens most games, the other manager tweaks formation slightly and get well on top then he waits till the 70th minute to change a winger. Stands there looking confused and mildly annoyed, thinking this looks like another fine margins sort of game.

There isn't a hope in hell we are going to beat boro. What are the club actually waiting for. Beginning to believe they can't afford to sack him

You need brute force and physicality to get out of this league. We have a team of soft pussies

Not sure that's how I would describe Norwich, Watford or Brentford last year. Thought all 3 were decent footballing sides,

The year before that, Villa, Fulham and West Brom, again none of those did it with brute force and were good footballing sides.

Think the idea of brute force went along time ago but cannot be bothered to go back any further than 2 years.

Not sure that's how I would describe Norwich, Watford or Brentford last year. Thought all 3 were decent footballing sides,

The year before that, Villa, Fulham and West Brom, again none of those did it with brute force and were good footballing sides.

Think the idea of brute force went along time ago but cannot be bothered to go back any further than 2 years.

It comes back to identity for me, deciding how we want to play and recruiting accordingly, I see zero evidence this is happening sadly.