2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 358 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

If you want Billy Davies as manager then you're basically saying you're happy with Championship football forever more.

No point doing all the hard work in getting to the play-offs if you're then just going to bottle it every time. May as well just aim for a respectable 10th and be content with it.

at the moment that’s acceptable. Get us winning again, then get players who want to come and a better more modern manager thereafter. I don’t know. I’m losing the will to live with this 40 plus year blind faith following the dream we are rebuilding lark. But will hang in there notwithstanding for some irrational reason

ifwe are going bak 20 years to blame folk, then it starte with the club not sacking clough when he was practiclly a vegatable for 6 months and dragged us down :)

https://talksport.com/football/942825/

Worth a listen. Simon Jordan summing it up.

Whilst he is a bellend, Jordan is 100% right.

There is NO manager in world football who could succeed at this club.

The only one who might have had a sniff of succeeding in this environment is Brian Clough because he is the only one who would have had the balls to tell the board where to shove it.

Realistically though, that would have probably have got him sacked faster than when he was at Leeds.

Whilst he is a bellend, Jordan is 100% right.

There is NO manager in world football who could succeed at this club.

The only one who might have had a sniff of succeeding in this environment is Brian Clough because he is the only one who would have had the balls to tell the board where to shove it.

Realistically though, that would have probably have got him sacked faster than when he was at Leeds.

The environment at the club is fantastic, from the kids to the u23's. They are well taught to be good progessive footballers and good people, They are all well funded and supported by the owner. We have a respected and talented and successful bunch running it all.

Then we have disconnect with the first team. To me , in general, we have usually appointed the wrong managers, for various reasons (and may have released a couple that we shouldnt have). Most of the managers have been defensive and not expansive and in fact generally defenders as players. Most of them have been reluctant to have youth as the mainstay of the side whihc has mad eit easier to offload the younger talent also becuase of the managers short term view.

so, now for example, you have genuinelly talented young players taught for years how to be expansive and quick thinking and perhaps less physical in some ways, also players like Carvalho not just our academy, and loanees like Garner. Basicallyy they are being taught modern football. They then all have to play old football, men behind the ball, keep your shape type stuff and its not suitable.

i want the new 'ideals' to happen, more development, younger purchases but we really do need a manager that thinks in exactly the same way as perhaps Brazil n Reid and the CEO, so that when any of this structure says this a good player, every part of that knows they probably are a good player because we are all thinking in exactly the same way and the player can actually play in this forest way.

Im not sure Wilder is that , tho im not sure he isnt either. If give it Terry, then might as well give it someone like Reidy who has that ethos that I allude to. I dont actually care if its someone foreign again I just dont want to see 'former defender' on thier C.V

Garner was crap yesterday. Thought he was supposed to be our link between defence and attack?
Lord knows we need one

Garner has been disappointing since he came back. We have had a stream of players who haven't been the same on coming back (Colback is the latest), let's hope Garner isn't another one.
On the plus side, Garner's got a lot more to prove though than Colback looking for a last decent contract.

Even 2nd goal. See garner just sauntering back.

Yates was too.

Said this a few times, but the midfield was being over run and whilst I'm not his greatest fan, bringing Colback on may have then allowed Garner to push on further?

Easy with hindsight, although I said it to those around me yesterday - take off Taylor or Grabban and bring an extra body into midfield.

Scarily, Hughton with all his experience is being out thought tactically way too often.

Scarily, Hughton with all his experience is being out thought tactically way too often.
Not too difficult as he never changes his tactics even within games his subs (when he bothers to make them) are invariably like for like with no change of shape / system even when the usual one isn't working which unfortunately is most of the time

Last edited:
Pope ready to post at 7.03 but silent since, presumably off to teach.

Have to admit he's been right about our awful start to the season, but not sure why he's picked on Chris Hughton as his scapegoat.

OK, terrible stats for the last however many games. Should have gone already.

But so much shuffling of the pack at the last minute - no manager can cope with that. I'd still give him a few more games, because if this squad gets on a roll they'll do very well.
What the F?

Two posts having a pop at me for my time of posting this morning?

Unless you are my head teacher, it's no business of yours whether I posted that laying in bed, typing with one hand and wanking with the other, or whether I posted it while taking a shit at work.

You aren't even debating anything that I can see. Really not sure what that is all about.

Just got home from work and I can't believe he's still in charge.

Dane Murphy and the entire heirarchy absolutely look like they want to relegate us.

A load of old shite spouted by Murphy about his "success" this window and how he reckons it will take X number of windows to get to the end point.

Fuck me, if this is the start I dread to think what the end will look like.

This utter clown does realise that there is such a thing as relegation in these leagues right? That he doesn't just get three windows to fuck about and it he divorced from any consequences?

Because he is keeping probably the worst performing manager of my lifetime in a job to squander more games and I can't even imagine a single possible reason why that could be the right thing to do.

We'll be six points adrift this time next week.

What the F?

Two posts having a pop at me for my time of posting this morning?

Unless you are my head teacher, it's no business of yours whether I posted that laying in bed, typing with one hand and wanking with the other, or whether I posted it while taking a shit at work.

You aren't even debating anything that I can see. Really not sure what that is all about.

No 'F's, Pope, read the other posts **S

Just got home from work and I can't believe he's still in charge.
unbelievable isn't it given the sackings that have gone before. It makes you wonder just how bad things have got to get.
I just wonder if they are clinging to the forlorn hope that things will come good then they can bask in the reflected glory pointing out how they were right all along to stick with CH. Which basically amounts to the board gambling with the future of OUR club in the hope they might look good in the end

I keep checking was surprised it wasn't last night, even more surprised he's still here tonight. Hope it's because they are sorting the replacement, rather than they are hoping he turns it round. I really can't see how he will unless he all of a sudden can make changes to affect games, and sets us up completely differently which he shows no signs of doing. 1 point from 18 this season, on the back of last season not many managers would still be in the job on the back of that record.

unbelievable isn't it given the sackings that have gone before. It makes you wonder just how bad things have got to get.
I just wonder if they are clinging to the forlorn hope that things will come good then they can bask in the reflected glory pointing out how they were right all along to stick with CH. Which basically amounts to the board gambling with the future of OUR club in the hope they might look good in the end
They aren't going to come good though, that's the problem. It is strikingly obvious.

No forest manager in our living memory has started this badly and then turned it around. Ever.

We don't remotely look like winning a football match. It's not like we are losing to "fine margins". We aren't. We've been deservedly beaten in every game.

Let's be honest- there isn't a single game this season that we deserved to win over the 90 minutes. There has been a couple where forest have treated us to part of a half where we've been decent; that's it. We got a point at Derby but you can't make an argument for us as winners- you could easily see Derby holding onto those 3 points though.

We've been a country mile from victory every time, and the fact that it's always been only 1 goal in it belies the absolute chasm between us as the opposition in every game.

They aren't going to come good though, that's the problem. It is strikingly obvious.

No forest manager in our living memory has started this badly and then turned it around. Ever.

We don't remotely look like winning a football match. It's not like we are losing to "fine margins". We aren't. We've been deservedly beaten in every game.

Let's be honest- there isn't a single game this season that we deserved to win over the 90 minutes. There has been a couple where forest have treated us to part of a half where we've been decent; that's it. We got a point at Derby but you can't make an argument for us as winners- you could easily see Derby holding onto those 3 points though.

We've been a country mile from victory every time, and the fact that it's always been only 1 goal in it belies the absolute chasm between us as the opposition in every game.
Couldn't agree more not even a flicker of improvement, every game completely predictable, and if it's possible actually going backwards, keeps picking Samba who's is making at least one bad error a game when he has someone who looks to be a viable alternative