2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 361 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

I suspect they’re ensuring they have the replacement lined up same day. They’ve done that with the last few. I’d be flabbergasted if they’re not ironing out the details with their target from what I’ve heard.
wilder HAS been particularly quiet for a few weeks. My hunch would be its him. I feel lik id take almost anybody right now nd thy would improve our performances

Not sure that's how I would describe Norwich, Watford or Brentford last year. Thought all 3 were decent footballing sides,

The year before that, Villa, Fulham and West Brom, again none of those did it with brute force and were good footballing sides.

Think the idea of brute force went along time ago but cannot be bothered to go back any further than 2 years.

I agree. In the main the recently promoted teams have been progressive, footballing teams. But you also need to be sufficiently robust as a team, not to be bullied off the ball. Teams that play the direct, brute force method, such as Cardiff can break through, but less often.

We do seem to lack a clear ethos, other than to be defensive, keep clean sheets and be hard to beat, but alas that has disappeared this season! This season we are a defensive team with a soft underbelly at the back; not a good combination. Also, we don't have a method to attack and score goals - you can't just do it by putting attack minded players into your team.

I feel the ethos should be for a more progressive, passing game, with a high press, but I suspect we are never going to get this with CH.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t surprise me. How much have they spunked out on the club without any progress? Marinakis doesn’t strike me as the patient type so…

Only problem is who would buy us when we look like we are headed for league one?