2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 28 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

Wolfsberger and Fries

Hart 6 - not much to do, but his distribution was pretty decent

Doherty 5.5 - still not understanding this signing. Waiting every single week to be proven wrong and guess I need to wait another.
Toby 6 - did OK, but still feeling he's not a first choice
Dier 6.5 - one little moment of positional chaos, but did well tonight. He was commanding and physical and I like that Dier.
Davies 6.5 - tenacious, but not penetrative enough against poor opposition

Winks 7 - hard working, and used the ball well
Sissoko 4.5 - just doesn't have the quality to play in this style of free-flowing football. Looked the least technically gifted guy on the pitch

Lamela 6.5 - played well, drove us forward but you have to question the finished product
Dele 8 - so glad to see him get another massive stint on the pitch. He delivered.
Bergwijn 6 - started bright and had some great touches.

Vini 7 - got the goals, but some very clumsy touches at times

Subs:
Moura 6 - is looking brighter recently, but I do question the output
Bale 6.5 - looking forward to the weekend to see if he can continue the momentum.
Lavinier 6 - one slip, but did well
Scarlett 7 - always looks up for it, loved the energy
John 6 - didn't really notice too much

Jose 7 - I have no clue whether he is feeling totally coerced into this new pattern of play but he deserves a good league result or two. I'm enjoying the sense of adventure and Jose now needs to demand that his attacking players keep their defensive focus as well as play the more expansive football. Jose should now know the ones that are deserving of a league start.

Ratings vs Wolsberger

Hart 6
Doherty 6, Alderweireld 6, Dier 6.5, Davies 6.5
Winks 6.5, Sissoko 5.5
Lamela 7.5, Dele 8, Begwijn 6
Vinicius 7.5
Subs
Moura 6 Bale 7 Scarlett 6.5
Mourinho 7

- Difficult game to assess, a pretty straightforward evening for defenders, and attackers performances need to be tempered by the quality of the opposition.
- Good however to see signs that both Dele and Bale could play a significant role in this competition
- Lamela and Vinicius both impressed on the night, but for me Bergwijn continues to look very ordinary.
- At least Jose seems to have progressed to the point where the team has the latitude to go and score a few more than the first goal, substitutions were positive, and giving the youngsters an opportunity was a plus.

My ratings v Wolfsberger
Hart 6, Doherty 5.5, Toby 6, Dier 6, Davies 6, Sissoko 6, Winks 6.5, Lamela 7.5, Dele 9, Bergwijn 6.5, Vinnie 7, Bale 7.5, Moura 5, Lavinier 6, Scarlett 6,
Jose 7

v Wolf:

Dele - 8.0 - MoTM
Vin - 6.8 - Goals got hom higher rating
Lamela - 6.2 - Still lacking the vision and timely passes
Winks - 6.0 - Steady but needs to add shooting in to his repertoire.
Dier, Toby - 5.9 - Little to do but allowed Wolf some simple chances.
Berg - 5.8 - Works hard but needs to up it with Assists and goals.
Davies - 5.7 - Not Capt material. Steady Eddy.
Sissoko - 5.0 - Not expecting much above 5.0.....ever!
Hart, Doherty - 4.7 - Former redundant, latter still can't cross.

Subs: Only 2 can be warded points (time on pitch).
Bale - 7.2 - Intelligence and experience on show - ling last!
Moura - 5.8. - No more than what has become a norm.

vs Burnley

Lloris 6.5 - quiet game

Aurier 6 - nice energy, but poor quality at times
Sanchez 8.5 - really stepped up. Threw his body on the line and was commanding throughout.
Toby 6 - played OK, but just isn't likely to get 7's or 8's in this setup. You always worry about his pace and mobility with a higher line, especially on the left
Reggie 7 - was on it all game. Makes such a difference when he plays over Davies

Hojbjerg 7 - dominated and used the ball intelligently to the better players
Ndombele 8 - really growing into the deeper role. Always looking to receive a pass

Bale 8 - genuinely excited that he's looking sharp again. When he floats around, he is awesome
Son 6 - 2 assists and would have scored him higher if he actually did more than go through the motions of shutting down and winning headers. Jose needs to have a word.
Moura 7 - 3 in 4 now and was lively again. Does lack a bit of quality at times but currently contributing.

Kane 7 - looked classy as always. Could do a bit more shutting down at times

Subs
Dele 7 - just what Jose needed. Someone that could come on, work around the pitch and retain possession. Some nice interchange with Ndombele.
Lamela 6 - worked hard on the right, but seemed to miss that x-factor again. is it me, or has he lost pace after years of injuries?
Doherty 6 - did what he needed to do

Jose 8 - it is so much better after he took the shackles off this group of players. Such a shame he wasted half a season fighting his negative demons, before having his hand forced by literally everyone. I hope he now sticks with this plan, especially against Fulham and Palace.

Average player ratings v Wolfsberger across 10 media/web and 4 forum posters. Media second column.
Hart 5.75, 6.10
Doherty 5.50, 6.60
Toby 6, 6.25
Dier 6.25, 6.05
Davies 6.25, 6.75
Sissoko 5.25, 6.45
Winks 6.50, 7.15
Lamela 6.87, 7.55
Dele 8.25, 9.30
Bergwijn 6.12, 6.50
Vinnie 7.12, 8.55
Bale 7, 7.35
Moura 5.75, 6
Lavinier 6, 5.85
Scarlett 6.37, 6.50
John 6, 5.80

Jose 7

My ratings against Burnley
Lloris 6, Aurier 6, Toby 6.5, Reggie 7.5, Sanchez 7.5, Hojbjerg 6.5, Moura 8, Ndombele 7, Bale 8.5, Son 7.5, Kane 8, Dele 6.5, Lamela 6 Doherty 6

Jose 8

V Burnley
Lloris 6.5, Aurier 7.5, Sanchez 8.5, Alderweireld 7, Reguilon 6.5, Hojbjerg 7, N’Dombele 8.5, Moura 7, Bale 9, Kane 7.5, Son 7.5
Subs: Lamella 6, Dele 6, Doherty 6
Jose 7.5

v Burnley

Bale, ND, Sanchez - 7.9 Very difficult to name a MoTM between them due to different roles and the poor opposition effect.
Son, Reggie - 7.4 - Both initiated and carried our threat throughout the game.
Kane - 7.0 - For once outshone by the player that was supposed to deputise him!
Moura, Hoj - 6.8 - Both grafted. Few embarrassing moments for Moura mitigated by a well taken goal.
Aurier, Toby - 6.0 - Nothing standout, but steady performances.
Hugo - 5.5 - Not his fault he had little to do!

Dele - 6.5 - Being involved regularly will help his confidence. Solid outing.
Lamela - 6.0 - Kept up the energy levels.
Doherty 5.5 - If I ever see him smile, I might just give him MotM!. Didn't really add much except gave Aurier a break.

Jose - 7.0 - Positive lineup and tactics. Was worried about 3 changes amongst the back 4. Let's see some continuity in the setup.

The following rankings are made by Alasdair Gold of Football London that came thru on my phone.

Lloris 6, Aurier 7, Sanchez 9, Alderweireld 8, Reguilon 8, Hojbjerg 7, Ndombele 7, Moura 8, Bale 10 Son 9, Kane 8 Dele 6 Lamela 5

I think that some of these ratings are a bit 'over the top' given Burnley's performance on the day. We'd need to be beating the one of the top three teams 4-0 for me to give those ratings. The 'sequencing' of performance is pretty accurate though.

My own ratings are;

Lloris 6, Aurier 7, Alderweireld 7.5, Sanchez 8.5. Reguilon 7.5, Hojbjerg 7, Ndombele 7, Moura 7.5, Bale 9, Son 8, Kane 7.5 Dele 6.5 Lamela 6

Lloris 6, Aurier 6.5, Sanchez 9, Toby 7.5, Reggie 8, PEH 7.5, Ndombele 7.5, Moura 7.5, Bale 8.5, Kane 8, Son 7

Dele 6.5, Lamela 5, Doherty 6
Jose 8

The Times:

H Lloris 6, S Aurier 7, D Sanchez 7, T Alderweireld 6, S Reguilon 6, T Ndombele 7, P-E Hojbjerg 6, G Bale 9, L Moura 7, Son Heung-min 7, H Kane 7
Dele 6, Lamela 6

Lloris 6
Aurier 7.5
Sanchez 7.5
Toby 6
Reggie 5.5
N'dom 7.5
PEH 6
Bale 10
Lucas 7
Son 6.5
Kane 6
Dele 5.5
Lamela 5

Average player ratings v Burnley across 10 media/web reports and 6 forum posters. Media in second column.
Lloris 6, 6.45
Aurier 6.58, 7.15
Sanchez 7.83, 8
Toby 6.50, 7.40
Reggie 6.83, 7.70
Ndombele 7.08, 7.50
Hojbjerg 6.58, 6.30
Bale 8.75, 9.50
Moura 7.25, 7.65
Son 7.08, 8
Kane 7, 7.90
Dele 6.33, 6.35
Lamela 5.83, 5.80
Doherty 5.58, 5.40

Jose 7.33.

Fulham

Lloris 8 - best performance for a while
Doherty 5 - looks such a bad buy....bang average
Sanchez 8 - our mainstay defender, playing well
Toby 7 - led it well tonight
Davies 5.5 - stuck at it, but lacking any quality
Hojbjerg 7 - unsung in this performance
Ndombele 6 - worked hard, but didn't quite come off for him
Dele 8 - his first half was as good as I've seen this season, faded in 2nd half
Bale 5 - coasting again thinking these young lads should let him play. He got a rude awakening tonight.
Kane 5 - I'd rather he just played for an hour in top gear. He's starting to play like a 35 year old (or Pavluychenko) when he's in this mood.
Son 4 - He needs dropping until he stops being a bottle job. Still love him, but he's not pulling his weight or taking responsibility.

Subs
Moura 4 - guess who just run around a lot?
Sissoko 5 - guess who just run around a lot?
Lamela 6 - pick of the subs. Not hard.

Jose 5 - he gave with one hand by putting the fab four together. He then took with the other by playing the full-backs. He should be worried about a few of his most senior stars not putting in a big enough shift for him. He should know what to do and we should back him if he shows them tough love.

Lloris 7
Doherty 6.5
Sanchez 8
Toby 7
Davies 6.5
Hojbjerg 6.5
Ndombele 6.5
Dele 9
Bale 5
Kane 5
Son 5

Moura 4
Sissoko 4
Lamela 5

Jose 6.5

V Fulham

Fulham

Lloris 8 - thank god he was at his best
Doherty 3 - Can't see a single reason not to march him to the exit door
Sanchez 8 - Did all you can ever ask of a CB
Toby 7 - looking fit, now please use some brains instead of hoiking it
Davies 5 - tries his best, but not good enough
Hojbjerg 6 - too easily falls into playing as a false CB It's costing us
Ndombele 6 - another caught in the track of being sucked back too easily
Dele 8 - not surprisingly faded as the game went on, but firsthalf ruled it
Bale 5.5 - was often marked/closed down by 3 players - and Doherty couldn't make the overlap, so for much of it was nullified - Wake the fcuk up Jose!
Kane 5 - too isolated again, stupid use of his talents
Son 4 - his mind is already on the exit door, he needs to be dropped so that he wakes up again

Subs
Moura 4 - Didn't achieve anything I can see
Sissoko 4 - Pointless
Lamela 6 - Tried and almost made it happen

Jose 3 - I am now convinced that he doesn't know what he's doing.

My ratings v Fulham

Lloris 7, Doherty 5, Toby 6.5, Sanchez 7, Davies 5.5, Hojbjerg 6.5, Ndombele 6.5, Dele 7.5, Bale 6, Son 6, Kane 7, Sissoko 5, Moura 5, Lamela 6, Jose 7.

My ratings v Fulham

Lloris 6.5 Doherty 4, Toby 7, Sanchez 6.5, Davies 4.5, Hojbjerg 6, Ndombele 6, Dele 6.5, Bale 6, Son 6, Kane 5.5 Sissoko 5, Moura 5, Lamela 6.5, Jose 6.