2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 30 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

Average player ratings v Palace across 10 website/ media and 7 forum posters, web/media in second column.

Lloris 6.64, 6.10
Doherty 5.92, 6.70
Sanchez 7.35, 6.75
Toby 6.78, 6.55
Reggie 7.64, 7.45
Winks 6.14, 6.55
Hojbjerg 6.42, 7.20
Bale 9.14, 9.10
Moura 8.07, 7.70
Son 6.57 , 7.30
Kane 9.07, 9.90
Lamela 6.85, 6.80
Sissoko 5.42, 6

Jose 8 25 ( but only 4 ratings).

Average player ratings v Palace across 10 website/ media and 7 forum posters, web/media in second column.

Lloris 6.64, 6.10
Doherty 5.92, 6.70
Sanchez 7.35, 6.75
Toby 6.78, 6.55
Reggie 7.64, 7.45
Winks 6.14, 6.55
Hojbjerg 6.42, 7.20
Bale 9.14, 9.10
Moura 8.07, 7.70
Son 6.57 , 7.30
Kane 9.07, 9.90
Lamela 6.85, 6.80
Sissoko 5.42, 6

Jose 8 25 ( but only 4 ratings).
Kane's score from the media - 9.90 average - is astronomical. By my reckoning nine gave him a full 10 and the other a 9. He was good but not that good.

Kane's score from the media - 9.90 average - is astronomical. By my reckoning nine gave him a full 10 and the other a 9. He was good but not that good.

You are right Gary, all 10s except one 9. I gave him a 10 also. I have softened the criteria for a 10 slightly, I am not looking for 100% perfection. 2 goals ( one a worldie) , two assists and a header off the goal line from a set piece did it for me.

My player ratings v dirty Zagreb

Lloris 6, Aurier 7, Sanchez 6, Dier 6.5, Davies 7, Sissoko 6, Ndombele 6.5, Lamela 8, Son 6, Kane 10, Dele 6.5, Bale 7, Moura 7, Bergwijn 6, Hojbjerg 6, Vinnie 6.5.

Jose 9.

Hugo - 6 Can't recall him having much to do apart from a couple of powder puff saves thanks to our defense.

Aurier - 7.5
Played exceptionally well going forward and back, good crosses we should have netted him an assist.

Sanchez - 6 Did ok, no major howlers, but another that started doing the hoofing from the back, why? - They didn't work!! (the one characteristic this season is watching aimless hoofing from our back line, it's fecking pointless! Are they doing this to instruction?)

Dier 7.5 Took some flak lately, but nothing got past him last night, did well - hopefully, a return to form.

Davies 6 If only this man could cross, but get an extra point for the 'last ditch' safe he made.

Sissoko 7.5 I've seen some comments on social media about how poor he was last night, but I must have watched a different game as I thought he was overall pretty good! Seemed to partner well with N'dom and even Serge at times, so don't get why he's been roasted by some Spurs fans? Did I miss something?

Ndombele 8 was in a war zone last night, kicked and kicked and kicked and should have been awarded a penalty, he'll be a marked man in the return again, started slowly but got into the game as it went on - his legs will be sore today.

Dele 5.5 Started ok, but quickly seemed to run out of steam, but was part of the lead-up play to our first, he'll have to do better than this to regain a place in our PL starting line-ups.

Lamela 8 Well he really stepped it up and this was probably his best game for a couple of seasons, let's hope it lasts.

Son 5 Worked hard but lacked quality, he desperately needs to be rested.

Harry 10 what will we do when he leaves?

Subs

Bale 7 His quality on the ball was outstanding, almost made two and almost scored one with a freekick we haven't see the likes of in a long time.

Berg 5 his chance on goal probably came too soon (first touch), after that worked hard, but that little bit of quality was lacking again.

Lucas 5
ditto above

Hojbjerg 5
Struggled to settle and was a tad reckless in an effort to put the game into greeze mode.

Carlos 4 run around a bit.

Jose 8 got it all right, makes a pleasant change!

I have 10 media/ web ratings but will wait until tomorrow to put them up in case any posters have yet to watch the game.
I get BT Sport on my EE phone package as a bonus option for free as part of a £ 45 per month plan with a Samsung A 70 which is a good enough phone for me. I got a free tv as part of my package as well, a Sony 43 inch smart tv as part of a black Friday deal.
I actually downgraded from a Galaxy S8 plus to an A 70, saved £ 20 per month, got BT sport and a decent tv for less money than I was paying before.
So if anyone has a mobile phone contract but not BT sport it might be worth looking at EE in November during Black Friday !!

Lloris 6
Aurier 7.5
Sanchez 6.5
Dier 7
Davies 6
Sissoko 6
Ndombele 7
Lamela 7.5
Son 6
Kane 8.5
Dele 6.5

Bale 7
Moura 6
Bergwijn 6
Hojbjerg 6

Jose 8

The Times

H Lloris 6 — S Aurier 7, D Sánchez 6, E Dier 6, B Davies 6 — M Sissoko 6, T Ndombele 7 (P-E Hojbjerg 72min) — É Lamela 8 (G Bale 64, 6), D Alli 6 (L Moura 64, 6), Son Heung-min 7 (S Bergwijn 64, 6) — H Kane 8 (C Vinicius 84)

v DZ

Kane - 8.5
Aurier, Son, Lamela - 7.5
NDombele - 7.0
Dele - 6.7
Sissoko, Davies, Dier, Sanchz - 6.3
Lloris 6.0

Bale 7.2
Moura 5.9
Bergwijn 5.9
Hojbjerg 5.5

Jose - 8.0

Davies - gets slightly higher score from me purely because of the very good last minute interception. Apart from that he was at his usual level.

ND - If he hadn't been hacked down as much he'd have scored lower from me. Not impressed. Those that wish to re-watch the game, check out his real productivity with the ball at his feet. Lot of deceptive turns, but failed to release the ball and often lost it, one quite dangerously too. He's allowed a poor score now and again!

Average player ratings v Zagreb across 10 media/ web reports and 4 forum posters. Media in second column.

Lloris 6, 6.20
Aurier 7.62, 7.15
Dier 6.87, 6.20
Sanchez 6.25, 6.50
Davies 6.37, 6.75
Sissoko 6.50, 6.55
Ndombele 7.12, 7.40
Lamela 7.75, 7.50
Dele 6.25, 6.15
Son 6.12, 6.90
Kane 9.25, 8.90
Bale 7, 6.70
Bergwijn 5.75, 6.10
Moura 6, 6.10
Hojbjerg 5.62, 5.10
Vinnie 5.37, 5.10

Jose 8.25.

Vs Goons ,
Loris........................................................ . 7
Doherty , what was he doing ......... ..........6
Sanchez , never a penalty . Good game ...8
Toby , getting slower every week .............7
Reggie . Tried but inneffective ...................7
Hojbjerg.......ditto ......................................7
Ndom ........just tried but not enough........6
Lucas .. heart and soul still on the pitch ..8.5
Bale ..... pathetic ......................................6
Son ....shame ...........................................3
Lamela ............ heart and soul ................7
Kane ......ran around a lot ........................6
Alli . ......... did well ..................................6.5
Sissoko . Didn’t see him ..........................4

Jose ........... 4

Lloris 6 not at fault
Docherty 4 useless
Sanchez 6 ...penalty was a shame
Toby 6 stable
Reggie 6 stable
Ndombele 2 absolutely pointless
Son 5 whilst on
Kane 6.5 woke up when we were down to 10 men
Moura 7 Close second
Bale 5 no impact what so ever
Hojbjerg 5 pointles negative passes

Lamela 9 goal of the season befoe his brainlapse - due to hs desire so can't fault his performance MOTM

Dele tried to make an impact. 6
Sissoko usual 5

Jose 1 Tactics totally shite. Tosser of the match

NLD

Lloris 6 - started the Sanchez penalty with very poor distribution.

Doherty 4 - let's see if we can break even by getting this guy out of our club in the summer.
Sanchez 7.5 - another impressive game
Toby 6 - he's not capable of getting more than 6 out of 10 nowadays.
Reggie 6 - he can play much better

Hojbjerg 6.5 - to be fair, he gets little support from the guys in front of him. Definitely helped him when Dele's brain started working intelligengly.
Ndombele 5.5 - doesn't want it enough

Son 5 - shame about the injury, but he was going through the motions all the time he was on the pitch
Moura 8 - at least he cares, putting a nice run of games together
Bale 4 - clearly only a flat-track bully nowadays. No minerals.

Kane 5 - not enjoying the attitude at the moment. As soon as he pulls on the England shirt we'll see the effort levels again. Wonder why !!!

Subs
Lamela 2 - don't care what else he did, throwing the arm out like that whilst on a yellow is simply stupid
Sissoko 4 - just a series of heavy touches. Winks should have been the one to come on.
Dele 6 - did nothing great, but his movement and intelligence helped us. He has to get a run of games now. It shouldn't be Dele vs Moura. It should be Dele + Moura.

Jose 1 - don't care what narrative he creates. Had an absolute nightmare, and the only thing he got right was putting Bale back in his place.

NLD

A sorry state and the lower end of my keypad will be profusely employed!

Moura - 8 - Worked consistently and tirelessly, One of two that cared.

Lamela - 6.9 - Sending off unnecessary and would've been my MoTM had he stayed on. Red card put additional strain on faltering team performance.

Toby, Sanchez - 6.5 Didn't do much wrong considering they were under constant pressure. Not accounting for non-penalty.

Reggie - 5.7 - expected more from him, but midfield was missing around him.

Hugo - 5.5 - Lost count how many times he hoofed to the opposition. Poor distribution from another supposed leader.

Kane - 5.5 - Apart from free kicks a good late cross. Saw very little of the captain material.

Hoj - 4.5 - Well below his best on a day where his leadership quality were most needed.

ND - 3.5 - Really poor showing by the supposed heart of the team, didn't connect with defence or attack.

Bale, Doherty - 3.0 - Non-existent players.

Dele - 6.0 - Tried harder than others during the cameo.
Sissoko - 4.0 - Waste of substitution

Jose - 4. Wasn't proactive in making changes. Could've been more animated and conducting from the touchline.

Lucas - 8 (like Walt said, heart and soul but still on pitch!...damn that was funny)

Lamela - 7.5 - goal of season and possible in NLD history. Heart and soul but has a tendency to let his emotions rule him and picks up needless cards...but I would rather have that than a bunch of useless cranks out there!)

Hugo - 5 - really had nothing to do but watch Sanchez go brain dead once and watch Matt get shredded all damn game.

Kane - 2 - only reason he isn't a 1 is because he had one good free kick. Other than that...bloody useless...flipping disgraceful from our so called talismen.

Son - No Grade - picked up injury...sure he would have helped us...sucks

Bale - 1 - WTF is all I can say...I mean wow...no words describe how flipping horrible he was. Paired well with Kane for being useless.

Ndom - 1 Flipping shite. Give me Winks out there for fucks sake.

Iceberg - 1 I mean did Arsenal pay 5-6 of our players to just take the day off today? I mean shit.

Reggie - 6 - not bad...but because we were playing so many players short...he couldn't impact the game much. (early yellow hurt...fuck you Oliver)

Toby - 5 - Meh...average...did the job best he could.

Sanchez - 5 - had his brain dead moment we all knew would happen...though other than that he was ok. I mean shit...literally almost everyone in front of our back line sucked balls except for....

Dougherty 1 - Arsenal knew exactly where to hit us and it was the side Bale and Matt were on. Horrible...just fucking horrible. JM should have subbed him after 20 min...I mean it was so damn obvious...I mean Serge right there on the bench...

JM - 0 - Ok dude...you fucked the starting lineup then waited WAY TOO LONG to make changes to try and salvage it. Serge on at Half should have been a no-brainer...never happened. Bale sub was WAY TOO LATE.

**we were out worked, out hustled, out played, and out coached today. Arsenal should have iced that game in the first half...very lucky it wasn't.

**You would have thought the Lamela wonder goal would have energized the team...kind of kicked us in the face and woke us up...NOPE...settled back into suck.

Lloris - 5
Doherty - 3
Sanchez - 7
Toby - 6
Reggie - 5.5
PEH - 5
Ndombele - 4
Bale - 4
Moura - 6
Kane - 4.5
Lamela - 6

Dele - 5.5
Sissoko - 4.5

Jose - 1. The players low scores are largely attributable to the tactics he employed.

I've not got any energy left to post what I think, so I'll apologise as this is a straight rip off from the standard as it pretty much aligns with how I saw it anyway.

Hugo Lloris 5
Footwork was jittery and guilty of a rush of blood in the first half. Undone by a deflection for Arsenal’s first goal and dived the wrong way for penalty.
Matt Doherty 3
Easily beaten by Tierney for Arsenal’s opening goal in a dismal performance. The hosts had the run of his flank and he looked nervy and was positionally poor throughout.
Davinson Sanchez 6
An impressive performance was undone by a clumsy foul for the penalty. There was an element of misfortune in the decision as he took out Lacazette after the Frenchman had already miscued the chance.
Toby Alderweireld 5
Looked uncomfortable playing out, faced with Arsenal’s press. Unlucky that Odegaard’s strike deflected in off him.
Sergio Reguilon 5
Barely had any opportunities to get forward and hurt Arsenal in the final third. Challenged by the lively Bukayo Saka in the first half.

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg 4
Should have been fresh after a mid-week rest but was sloppy by his high standards, conceding too many fouls and carelessly losing possession. In his defence, he had to spend more time than usual covering Doherty.
Tanguy Ndombele 5
Tried to calm things down and get Spurs on the ball but his passing radar was off and he fluffed at least one good counter-attacking position. Looks tired.

Gareth Bale 4
Offered little in the way of protection for Doherty or penetration in the final third. Put in one impressive run at start of second half before being hooked.
Lucas Moura 7
Worked hard and looked the most likely Spurs player to create something as they pushed for a late equaliser, running at Arsenal impressively. Set pieces were decent too.
Heung-min Son 5
Barely had a sniff before pulling up with a suspected hamstring injury. Any absence would be a major blow for Spurs given the schedule and his importance to Mourinho’s side.
Harry Kane 6
Had a lovely, trademark goal correctly disallowed for offside and hit the post with a great free kick. One gorgeous cross should have resulted in an assist and he worked hard.
Substitutes
Erik Lamela (Son ‘19) 7
Peak Lamela. Lit up a drab Spurs performance with a stunning rabona goal but sent off for two bookable offences. Second looked harsh.
Moussa Sissoko (Bale 57’) 4
Presumably brought on to help cover Doherty but offered nothing going forward and little defensively, either.
Dele Alli (Ndombele 62’) 5
Could not get into the game and barely had a memorable touch.

Jose - 1 once again his tactical and pre-match contribution to his teams lack of success in this match was all too obvious.

My ratings against Arse.

Lloris 4, Doherty 3, Sanchez 4.5, Toby 5.5, Reggie 6, Hojbjerg 3, Ndombele 2, Moura 7, Bale 3, Son 4, Kane 5.5, Lamela 6, Sissoko 5, Dele 5.
Jose 5
I marked Hugo down for poor distribution.
Sanchez due to pen gets docked.
Difficult to grade Son but his brief contribution wasnt great.

Last edited:
Blood pressure and anger levels now reducing! A more considered set of ratings for NLD.
Lloris 6, Doherty 4, Sanchez 7, Alderweireld 6.5, Reguilon 7, Hojbjerg 5, N’Dombele 4.5, Bale 4, Moura 8, Kane 5, Son 4
Subs: Lamella 8, Sissoko 4, Dele 5
JM 2