2019/20 Fixture Release Day Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

2019/20 Fixture Release Day Thread

Yeah the Sunderland game is a real kick in the teeth. I'd take an early FA Cup exit this year if it means that game stays on a Saturday.
Really? Don’t think I would given the extra cash involved for the club, not to mention the possibility of us hosting or going to Man U or Liverpool that day instead.

A half empty stadium in a grim northern town surely isn’t that much of a draw is it?

Don't think I've been to Oxford since Marcus Richardson's debut. Was that the game where we seemed to have about 5 goals disallowed before winning 1-0? Franny Green scoring?
I went to that too, and seem to remember a fairly entertaining 0-0 draw. Think the Green winner was the following season?

Really? Don’t think I would given the extra cash involved for the club, not to mention the possibility of us hosting or going to Man U or Liverpool that day instead.

A half empty stadium in a grim northern town surely isn’t that much of a draw is it?

You're probably right in terms of money. I suppose we've been spoiled in terms of FA Cup draws in recent years, so I'm not expecting to get another big one (gambler's fallacy at its best).

One of our best away days in recent years came in a grim northern town, and the best away day of last season was in a half-empty stadium, so I don't think either of those things matters.

Don't think I've been to Oxford since Marcus Richardson's debut. Was that the game where we seemed to have about 5 goals disallowed before winning 1-0? Franny Green scoring?

Four disallowed, I think. And straight after the goal we had a corner and the Imps crowd piped up with "we want six, we want six........................". Priceless.

Not too bad a list of fixtures for me bar a couple. Would have looked at the Pompey away game but on a Tuesday night that isn't now realistic for me but at least it'll be IFollow available. Oxford away on Boxing day is a bit of a pain as that's a day I have to give up on for a family get together to keep the missus sweet for the rest of the season. One of my closest away games that one.
Otherwise not too bad

Looking at the fixtures I hope we get our home form up and running quick as the first 5 games at the Bank are those which you look at and think need to win those ones. Acccrington Southend Fleetwood Bristol Rovers Oxford before the Mackams rock up first week in October

Annoying for me are away games at Portsmouth and Milton Keynes on Tuesday nights and Oxford on Boxing Day. Otherwise I should manage at least 10 games (all away) and hopefully try and wangle at least one home game.

Not too bad a list of fixtures for me bar a couple. Would have looked at the Pompey away game but on a Tuesday night that isn't now realistic for me but at least it'll be IFollow available. Oxford away on Boxing day is a bit of a pain as that's a day I have to give up on for a family get together to keep the missus sweet for the rest of the season. One of my closest away games that one.
Otherwise not too bad
Same boat as you on Boxing day but ok for Pompey both games

The simple fact is, we have no idea at this stage which games are the toughies and which the easier ones. Transfer activity is the lowest I have ever seen for late June, and many clubs still have next to no players - for example, Bolton have just 8 registered at the moment and one of those is 17.

As ever, the fixture list will change due to postponements - weather, cup commitments etc. Furthermore, will Bury be able to fulfil their fixtures? We could realistically lose the away games at Sunderland and Ipswich to the FA Cup.

Only two scheduled home games between 26 October and 29 December is a bit crackers (and it may only be one if Bury head down the tubes). The EFL obviously doesn't care about its members' cash flow.

Good to start and finish with a home game.

All train tickets booked for first 7 games except the Donny away game ,it seems some rail upgrades going on that weekend........may have to sort a route via Lincoln?
tickets from Sept 14 not yet available.
Kings Cross is shut all that weekend. Try going via St Pancras to Sheffield then to Donny.

Like so many things in football, you win some and you lose some.

Good August potential and (IMO) a cracking Christmas/New Year.

Pompey away on a midweek isn't great and Fleetwood at Easter might be challenging but overall I think the fixtures are OK- we have to play everyone home and away at some point and we know midweek games are in there. Someone has to play Sunderland/Bolton/Ipswich/Pompey away on a midweek night- we only have 1 out of the 4 on a midweek away- not bad really.

Not that anyone will have booked any train tickets yet, but don't forget that the final day will be a Sunday and usually kicks off at midday in League One.

What a shocker! Both Pompey games on a Tuesday night, Sunderland away on FA Cup wkend so will be moved to a midweek, and Oxford away on Boxing Day. Deary me.