2019/20 Fixture Release Day Thread | Vital Football

2019/20 Fixture Release Day Thread

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
The fixtures for next season will be released tomorrow morning at 09:00.

I thought I might as well start a thread now!

As someone has already said on the Bury thread, ideally we want them at home as early as possible so we at least bank the revenue from the fixture and not lose out altogether should they fold early/mid season (if they make it to the start of the season of course).
Bolton at home early for same reasons too

I would be quite happy with Sunderland and Portsmouth.

Portsmouth for me is the big one.....................saves travel time.
wife`s hometown,.......mates all got Pompey season tickets,gonna give them hell.
plus got a flat on the waterfront at Hayling Island......20 mins from Fratton and hope to make a good weekend of it on match weekend.(curry /chinese and a dip in the Solent......waterwings on standby)

Like you the Sunderland games home and away are games to seriously look forward to(as we were Tamworth and Dover in the past)

Last edited:
As someone has already said on the Bury thread, ideally we want them at home as early as possible so we at least bank the revenue from the fixture and not lose out altogether should they fold early/mid season (if they make it to the start of the season of course).
Bolton at home early for same reasons too
Bolton are going to be fine. There were six bids for the club, one of which was discounted due to failure to produce evidence of funds. A preferred bidder has been selected and notified by the administrators, and everything looks to be proceeding very nicely.

We are overdue a home game on the opening day - think we will get Burton or Fleetwood at Sincil Bank first up.

Probably Shrewsbury away. That seemed to be a L2 favourite for the fixture computer for a few seasons!

Just like being back in L2 again... Stanley at home followed by MK away.

Sickeningly, Salford’s first game is live on Sky. Surprise surprise.

Interesting opening month - three very winnable home fixtures but a couple of difficult away trips. Hope to see a good turnout at Rotherham.

Only disappointment is Sunderland on 4 January - FA Cup third round weekend. If one or both of us reaches the third round, that'll end up being a midweek game.

Sunderland away on 4th Jan . ...Sunderland at home 5th Oct. Ipswich away 25th Jan. Oxford United away on Boxing Day. Peterborough at home on NYD.