2018 Summer Transfer Mega Thread | Page 68 | Vital Football

2018 Summer Transfer Mega Thread

Trial anyone by all means if we are playing 7 or eight friendly matches which should be enough to accommodate both them and all our squad players.
3 games this pre-season season just didn't seam enough to give twenty odd pros some real match time play.
Not that the 3 games mattered much again as it was all change again once the season started.
To be honest what I would like to see is a squad assembled ready for pre-season who train together, play games together and are a unit by the time the season starts. We have had so much coming and going and players left out it surely can not be the best way to prepare for a season.

Trial anyone by all means if we are playing 7 or eight friendly matches which should be enough to accommodate both them and all our squad players.
3 games this pre-season season just didn't seam enough to give twenty odd pros some real match time play.
Not that the 3 games mattered much again as it was all change again once the season started.
To be honest what I would like to see is a squad assembled ready for pre-season who train together, play games together and are a unit by the time the season starts. We have had so much coming and going and players left out it surely can not be the best way to prepare for a season.

Dream on mate, it'll never happen. For a start us supporters would be up in arms if the squad was assembled four or five weeks before deadline day as there would be no new players coming in.

The reason the trialists were given the spots in the pre season games was so that PC and his staff could assess them, he already knows what the players from last year are capable of so he doesn't need to see them competitively. The behind closed doors friendlies are to give the regulars a run out and improve their match fitness.

The thing is it wasn't just 3 preseason games, there were a few behind closed doors, we played 3 or 4 other games that weren't classed as friendlies.

Oh come on MiW........ why always try so hard to look on the dark side?

Surely, if Cook wasn't happy with him, he wouldn't be getting a new contract. I'm sure he's been pissed off with the attitude of Lang (or his agent or parents or advisors,), but it seems that's now history....... the lad's still a Tic........ in fact, a double Tic!!!

Chet, yeah the one a few weeks back. I got the impression he wasn't happy with either of them.

Moonay he'd still be getting a new deal regardless of whether Cook wasn't happy with him. He's a young lad with potential, attracting interest (or so his agent would have the press believe) PL clubs. The club would be stupid not to offer him one as opposed to making a stance and losing a player for nowt. The tone and language of our media release announcing this will be revealing as to the current state of the player/club relationship,

He was offered a contract. His agent told him he could get him more.
No one else has offered him more. Cook certainly knows how to run a football club.
Well done Cookey.

Great news on Lang if it turns out to be true. Cook certainly wasn't pleased with him and his agent and i imagine Lang and his agent weren't pleased with the club either, but you cant take these things personally or hold a grudge in football. It will be water under the bridge now and we aren't going to cut off our nose to spite our face by not keeping Lang if we think he's got the talent to go far for us.

Cook did interview saying Evans being a loan rather than the expected buy and Burn coming back on loan deal was 2 extra loans we didn't expect so it has upset our plans to bring in another loan. He said we still have our eyes open in case something good is available but it sounds less likely now.

Pity we never took up the option on Perch.

I assume we didn't take Perch on because we didnt think he was up to it anymore and we were planning on having a new CB bought (Kipre), Burn (not sold and loaned back), Dunkley and Bruce as back up so we felt we didn't need another body in there. But it was a pain he had left the day before Burn got injured as we probably could've done worse as a freebie.

Nixon also added that we may bring in a freebie if we can't land Souttar.

Souttar is apparently very good, i've never seen him play personally but all the feedback i've read is that he is a certain future international for Scotland.

Obviously it would be a loan to buy at this point which is a pain, but if Big Dan going 1st of Jan and we are certain we want to replace him with Soutter it may not be a bad idea to have him in early to get him settled in so the day that Burn leaves us the transition is as seemless as possible. Wonder if we'll try and give them Jamie Walker back as part of the deal?