2018 Holiday Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

2018 Holiday Thread

I can confirm, having done a fair bit last year and having looked at my finances. I shall not be going on holiday this year.

Therefore, I think you should all have a whip round and buy me a holiday or I'll just delete this thread.

:89: :89: :89:

DeanoVilla - 25/2/2018 07:18

neilh111 - 24/2/2018 21:56

I've booked Barbados for this year. We looked at the Maldives, but the kids summer holidays is their rainy season.

Never been there before.

It's amazing what a big accumulator can get you............. you BARSTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :19:

:17: :4: :19:

I can also confirm that I've been to the Maldives and that all depends on the island that you choose.

We're heading to Versailles for five nights in late April. We'll also be visiting family in Denmark in May and, in September, we have a week booked in Westport, County Mayo (along the "Wild Atlantic Way") with some friends.

Fulford - 26/2/2018 17:35

I can also confirm that I've been to the Maldives and that all depends on the island that you choose.

I went to Meerufenfushi. Highly recommended.

We had a water villa on stilts with out own jacuzzi and steps directly from the jucuzzi into the sea. Amazing really. Everything on the island was superb, and it was one of the smaller islands so we could walk round it all no problem (we actually Kayaked round it in under 1 hour).

Kefelonia is cancelled this year. We will holiday in this country this year.

Just been through the living hell of this week with my husband health again. No more risks of going abroad

Mr KK health and life is too important and not worth the risks of flights abroad

Will be sorting out a holiday in The U.K this year once I have him home from hospital

Got back from 2 weeks in Sicily last week. Loved it. Amazing place, and we stayed in a lovely Villa that we found on Air BnB.

Had my 1st ever horse burger (well knowingly... probably been eating it from Tesco for years), was really tasty and sooo soft and tender.

Lots of pasta, lots of seafood, lots of arrancini and Canolli. Oh and the beer..... £3.80 for 6 large 660ml bottles of Peroni! Yes please!

The wine wasn't bad either. Paid £7 for a litre of red in a posh restaurant.

Moving on from food and drink (it's not all we did), the place is beautiful. Spent a couple of days in Taormina, using the cable car to get up their the 1st time which was fun. Went to Catania (where I had the horse meat), Syracuse (the beach there was amazing), took the cable car up Mount Etna and then walked another 300m to the tallest peak I could reach on foot.

Highlight though was a full day boat trip to the Aeolian Islands of Panarea and Stromboli. Stromboli is an active volcano, so we got to watch the sunset from the boat while watching the volcano erupting in front of us and thinking "we were having cocktails on their a few hours ago".

All in all a great 2 weeks.

We had a mini-break with some friends in Scotland the week before last.
The highlight was the "Desperate Dan" statue in Dundee city centre.P7031356.JPG

Last edited:
Who needs a holiday when it's so warm here.

Surely, as the papers say regularly " it's hotter in the UK than........."
Therefore fill in the blank and boom you can say you are in said place on holiday.

Last edited:
Got to admit it did annoy me being in Sicily where it was a solid 30 degrees every day to see everyone back home saying it was 31, 32...

When you go on holiday you just want it to piss down in the UK while you're away don't you?

Got to admit it did annoy me being in Sicily where it was a solid 30 degrees every day to see everyone back home saying it was 31, 32...

When you go on holiday you just want it to piss down in the UK while you're away don't you?

Definitely.

My mum is obsessed with the weather. It will always be better where she is. It comes into it's own when I go away.
Even while i was sat in Turkey in 38 degrees looking at the rain clouds in the UK on BBC weather app she will be swearing blind it's sunny.