2018 Holiday Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

2018 Holiday Thread

Yeah. Been to Turkey a few times. It is indeed roasting hot at this time of year.
TBH I've never fancied Turkey probably after watching Midnight Express lol but I really liked it and the people were great but we just got the timing wrong.

I smiled with irony when I seen this thread bumped to the top with new posts in. Just re-read my last post in here, as I had just cancelled our holiday to Kef back in March 1st.

Well I am going back to Kef, physically on my own, in September. Only for a week this year now. That is manageable after losing Mr KK. I may wish I had stayed for longer, however it is better that than staying too long, this first time.

It's also not the usual time of the year we go, so I won't be overwhelmed with ''local visitors'' as we are called, we know.

There will be two couples their that go in September as well as June we know well so I won't be isolated. Ofcourse I will know all the locals however they will also be working.

It will be hard. It has to be done. I am booked now for next year at our usual time. Mr KK always wanted me to carry on going there if anything happened to him, he told me a few times.

I will be even closer to my husband spiritually out there. Gentle little things have been happening around the house, that have no logical reason for since he passed that make me smile. I do wish he would clean the floors mind as he always did them. Ha!

I will be taking David's pictures with me. 1 for the apartment so we can have a natter on a night. 1 for the beach on my table of him fishing off the jetty out there. Another one of the 2 of us to sit with me in the restaurant/s we eat in.

You can think I am potty. It works for me. Think going to be changes in our usual crowd that have been going out for years.

One couple, I have just found out; the husband has acute lung cancer which has just been diagnosed. Also found out another couple, the husband had a major stroke, so...

I am apprehensive however looking forward to going back to our spiritual home

So I start my travels again in September. I purchased new luggage as I needed it. I don't think I'll have too much trouble finding it on the carousel as it's pink Anf black stripes by Marlene Lass. I have it in a large case, a cabin case and a back pack. I have to alter the picture size to upload for here, as it's too big. I am sure you can't wait to her it :cool: :rotfl: :cool:

We had a fairly expensive holiday in 2017 pluss a couple of trips to the UK so have to scale down a bit this year. We will be in Blighty in September, other than that we're looking at having a break somewhere warm during the summer but not sure when or where yet. I want to go to Greece, the Mrs wants Canary Islands and my sons want to go to Greece for the culture (They are bigly into Greek mythology) but somewhere Spanish speaking to practice what they've learned at school. A week in a caravan in Bognor it is then.

Plans have changed and as for going somehwere warm, we could just stay where we are.....who knew that summer would pan out like this? Road trip through Denmark, Germany, Belgium Holland, France and the UK it is then and no trip to Blighty in September either as it's problematic for the boys getting time off school. Also, Me and my lads will be at Villa's first home game of the season - So all is right with the world again.

So, I know there are some regulars in sunnier foreign climates at the moment and normally I would be sat on my arse for two weeks on a sun lounger abroad frying. But this year was different for a couple of reasons and we went to Cornwall for a week with wider family then just 4 of us went on for a further week.
And I have to say if the weather is great then this country can be stunning.

20180806_155710.jpg

This was a couple of mile walk from our accommodation. Special eh?

Love Cornwall, would go there every year if the weather in this country was reliable. Yet even when it's not the best, Cornwall is still a stunning place to go.

4 more sleeps. We have splurged Big this year as we could with a fortunate run and bonuses etc. And may I add I'm not one for coming on here to boast . It is what it is, roll on Peppa Pig World .

No where as adventurous as you guys. But I spent a few days in Amsterdam in August with my wife for her birthday.
Was meant to be going back to Paris for a week with her the week before Christmas. Not doing that now as I got other commitments. Fingers crossed I'll be able to share on here soon.
But we are going back to Belgium for a week the day after boxing day for a rest.

Good to see you in Witton Lane grubkiller, we could do with some new playmates!

Amsterdam is great! Not keen on Paris mind you.

I am home from an emotional week back in Kef. Emotional rollercoaster the first couple of days turned to absolute peace and then eventful on Thursday with a forest fire that spread as we had high winds.

Got pretty hairy as it spread down to where we are to the beach. All roads cut off in and out, electric went off for 4 hours. I was surprised at how calm I was

I am booked any way for next year and sois Kattie Scoot. I hired a mobility scooter for whilst I was away.

It has the potential to go faster than mine at home. So yes a bit of power scooting around the back lanes was engaged with ?

Reactions: BBJ
You do have a beautiful homeland BBJ! I hope to come over in the next year so. We have friends in Dublin we met on holiday in Santorini 3 years ago. The last good holiday before David's health started declining

My next break is in 3 weeks when I have my yearly long spiritual weekend at Parcevall Hall in the Yorkshire Dales

You do have a beautiful homeland BBJ! I hope to come over in the next year so. We have friends in Dublin we met on holiday in Santorini 3 years ago. The last good holiday before David's health started declining

My next break is in 3 weeks when I have my yearly long spiritual weekend at Parcevall Hall in the Yorkshire Dales

Do you know where they live in Dublin? If you do get over, it'd be nice to meet up.

Good to see you in Witton Lane grubkiller, we could do with some new playmates!

Amsterdam is great! Not keen on Paris mind you.
Not a problem.
I tend to read across the whole site more than I read though.

Anyway in my original reply I said I had other commitments, today I fulfilled one. I passed my hgv class 2. That's my first one done and with my resit cost me just shy of one and a half grand.