20/21 Your "Realistic" Starting Lineup/Formation | Page 4 | Vital Football

20/21 Your "Realistic" Starting Lineup/Formation

I think you're right, It's just a matter of time and confidence, once he finds his own gear and realises he isn't out of place here and gets some assists to his name as well, I reckon he'll switch up a gear.

Probably to the point it seems we have an extra man up field allowing Traore to find space himself instead of being the provider, it's a nice option to have to be able to pace it to Cash who's close behind you, knowing he has a wicked delivery himself and you can get in the box creating that extra striker.

What's your thoughts on Targett.

Might be just me but I think the aim is to play like Liverpool with Fullbacks providing the width and both our fullbacks can do that, which is why I'd play Davis Watkins and Bert as a slightly narrower front 3.
Targett is a decent player going forwards and never afraid to get into the box but like most people, I think he's a bit of a "Mommies boy" when it comes to defending, needs to MTFU

I think we need to use subs better. If our full backs are going to be bombing on they need to be subbed once they get tired. Even during the 5 subs after lockdown we still never used subs to freshen up properly.

I am a big fan of telling the odd player to burn bright and you will come off when you're done. Maybe even once the game has started and a weakness in the opposition has been spotted.

I think we need to use subs better. If our full backs are going to be bombing on they need to be subbed once they get tired. Even during the 5 subs after lockdown we still never used subs to freshen up properly.

I am a big fan of telling the odd player to burn bright and you will come off when you're done. Maybe even once the game has started and a weakness in the opposition has been spotted.

We will get there but the thought of Neil Taylor bombing forwards actually made me laugh but we do have Elmo and Freddy on the other side. looking at the bench against Sheffield Utd 4 defenders plus Marv and Keinan didn't thrill me either, Hopefully, we'll soon be arguing over players on the bench should be starting the game that currently doesn't happen really

We will get there but the thought of Neil Taylor bombing forwards actually made me laugh but we do have Elmo and Freddy on the other side. looking at the bench against Sheffield Utd 4 defenders plus Marv and Keinan didn't thrill me either, Hopefully, we'll soon be arguing over players on the bench should be starting the game that currently doesn't happen really

Maybe once Targett goes off we give up on the left side "bombing on" lol

Might be just me but I think the aim is to play like Liverpool with Fullbacks providing the width and both our fullbacks can do that, which is why I'd play Davis Watkins and Bert as a slightly narrower front 3.
Targett is a decent player going forwards and never afraid to get into the box but like most people, I think he's a bit of a "Mommies boy" when it comes to defending, needs to MTFU

That could definitely work and might be the reason Edouard keeps popping up, Perhaps that's Deano's idea when on a full attack and reverting into a more defensive formation when out of possession.

-----------------------------------Martinez-------------------------------
---------------------Konsa-----------------------Mings-------------------
Cash-----------------------------------------------------------------Targett
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------McGinn-------------------Luiz-----------------------
-----------------------------------Grealish----------------------------------
----------Traore------------------------------------------Watkins----------
-----------------------------------Edouard---------------------------------

Not sure Davis is ready for this, But would definitely welcome Edouard at 30m and surely you're looking at around the top 10.

Is this the kind of Formation you was thinking of 57 ?

Not sure Davis is ready for this, But would definitely welcome Edouard at 30m and surely you're looking at around the top 10.

I don't think we've got any more room to spend 30m. But I would LOVE to be wrong.

I don't think we've got any more room to spend 30m. But I would LOVE to be wrong.

Perhaps we haven't, but you'd think we wouldn't be linked to the likes of Sarr and Edouard who keep popping up, so who knows.

He's definitely one for the future and would be a wise investment as you'll likely see his value double in time, the lad is only 22 I think, we seem to love add-ons I think its something like 75m with 15m on add-ons perhaps something similar can be worked out so it's not 30m in one hit.

I mean why we are being linked to a 10m back up CB I don't know, it's one for the future but wouldn't have an impact on the first team right now, that's wasting money that we apparently don't have especially if we are still looking at adding further up the field.
Let's hope we still bring in a couple more or one big signing.

Oh and just to clarify on the CB comment, It's a place we definitely need strengthening but not something I would prioritise over another starting player that we desperately need.

I can already hear 57 saying we don't know how much we have already paid or how much money we have left.:grinning:

Have a good season and the value of our players will rise. The immediate future will include sales at a profit until we have a stable financial position - rotation of players can be a good thing if we have replacements identified and lined up. Hopefully a few of the kids will break through and be better than those they replace.

I think that is the best line up we can put out at present with Davis coming on for Trez & Watkins moving wide late on

But I still think we are 1 signing short for the starting 11 and with little cover on the bench

Looking at that lineup there are 3 weak players, Targett, McGinn and Trez.

If we want a player that is going to cost too much due to financial constraints then we should go to the selling club and pay a decent loan fee with an option to buy at the end of the season.

No, as we don't have Edouard and I don't think we will pay more than 20m for a Scottish PL player

We all hope McGinn will get up to speed but there are no guarantees. The injury might have finished him as a PL player. The PL is not a place to carry passengers in the team and at the moment McGinn is as useful as a crisp packet.

No, as we don't have Edouard and I don't think we will pay more than 20m for a Scottish PL player

At the moment we cannot afford to even allow Davis any starting time, it's too much of a risk to lose a match, I think most of this season he will be used as a sub so I can't see us using Watkins out wide.

Unless Davis shows some goal scoring form in front of goal when he has the chance, It will be next season before giving him a proper chance, but he really does need to prove himself at this level and be clinical to displace Watkins out wide.

We all hope McGinn will get up to speed but there are no guarantees. The injury might have finished him as a PL player. The PL is not a place to carry passengers in the team and at the moment McGinn is as useful as a crisp packet.
He's a bit more useful than me TBF 🤣🤣🤣

------------------------------------Barkley----------------------------------
----------Traore------------------------------------------Grealish----------
-----------------------------------Watkins---------------------------------

Surely we've got to play a 4,2,3,1 now and not the 4,3,3 Barkley could well fit in a 4,3,3, but definitely think he's more useful in that central role, would take SO much pressure off Grealish.

Now the other team not only has to watch out for Grealish and Traore on wings with Watkins running everywhere, but they've got a quality player providing the chances and can run straight through them with a vicious shot as well.

It's no longer become pass to one player, Now he can cause the sort of problems and runs he did against Fulham.

No wonder Jack predicted 8th-12th, he knew the kind of ambitions promised to him, whilst we all sat back and thought nah! Now 10-12th looks a very real possibility if we can keep the majority fit.