20/21 Match thread - Aston Villa FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 10 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Aston Villa FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result

• Win

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has he ever been out of his slump I ask? Yeh he will be slumpless

It depends what you're expecting from him I suppose. He got 3 goals and an assist in his first half season which is decent for a young player who has just moved to a new country. This season he's been forced to act like a defensive mid for the majority of his games and it's just slowed his progress a bit. I see enough quality there that one moment spark him into confidence and he will change minds. Great attitude too.

The only disappointment in the game was when Jose bottled it and bought Sissoko on. That could have really come back to bite us.

Other than that, good result. Villa were poor after we scored but our second half was much improved.

How come Kane suddenly had that energy to do a lot of pressing?.

Shame it's taken Jose this long to try giving these players a go and with freedom.

Despite some nerves at the back (expected), I thought all of them put their bodies on line with blocks and clearances. May be they can develop as a unit. Some good aerial prowess too.

Moura and Kane developing a bit of understanding.

Not getting carried away, pleased with the win. Jose survived!

PS...what was that long whispering hug with Terry about?!

Glad we won....worried that Jose thought Bergwyn& Sissoko were better tinting on then dele or bale ... Absolutely not convinced by him and whilst this has delayed his departure....I expect and hope for it to happen

Harry interview was interesting. He admitted we were off it the last 2 games. Kind of backing Jose.
I thought Tanganga cancelled out Auriers poison and he put in a good performance.
Hojbjerg provided more grit and steel than Winks.
Vinnie was a surprise and he worked very hard.
Moura was fantastic.
Kane was more energetic and dropping deep.
Rodon did ok and was eager to impress.
I'm not sure Ndombele justified his selection , he improved a bit second half.

If Jose picked the team for attitude, it worked. Some tactical tweaks as well to freshen things up.

As I said before, demanding top 4 by Levy is unrealistic, hope for it yes. We have a doable run in if we can stay up for it.

Good result and we played better for 25 minutes in the 2nd half.
I am going to say something that I know I will get attacked for. I am getting very pissed off with Harry's diving . The amount of times he role's around holding a part of his body but replays show he was not touched and when the free kick is not given he jumps up moaning. Now for the penalty which I would not have given. He never made an attempt for the ball just jumped in to the player rather than the player fouling him. I think Jose is telling him to do this by the way he celebrated. He is worse than Dele

Good result and we played better for 25 minutes in the 2nd half.
I am going to say something that I know I will get attacked for. I am getting very pissed off with Harry's diving . The amount of times he role's around holding a part of his body but replays show he was not touched and when the free kick is not given he jumps up moaning. Now for the penalty which I would not have given. He never made an attempt for the ball just jumped in to the player rather than the player fouling him. I think Jose is telling him to do this by the way he celebrated. He is worse than Dele
No chance. There was nothing different in the challenge made by Sanchez the other week. If we hadn't been awarded the penalty then serious questions would've been raised.