20/21 Match thread - Aston Villa FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 13 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Aston Villa FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result

• Win

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you make contact with the player & don't touch the ball it's a stonewall penalty. Those are the rules i'm afraid whether we like them or not.

There would have been no contact as the defender only attempted to block the ball and not tackle Harry and Harry knowing that he jumped into the tackle he made the contact not the defender. Harry was clever but for me it's cheating

Lacazette made and effort to play the ball and Sanchez went to tackle him. Harry never even tried to play the ball just let it run out and jumped into the block not tackle just tried to block. Harry was never going to shoot he went in the area and his aim was to cheat a penalty .
Disagree. Harry was not trying to con anyone, he went for a Cruyff turn and slipped instead. His body continued in a straight line and his leg was taken exactly on the spot he then held it (fake news from you, Jamie Redknapp). When the ball has gone you very rarely see a pen awarded. The Sanchez decision was a scandal given only because it was a white shirt by officials who were determined to get Arsenal a win

There would have been no contact as the defender only attempted to block the ball and not tackle Harry and Harry knowing that he jumped into the tackle he made the contact not the defender. Harry was clever but for me it's cheating
Sorry pjones40, get over yourself, lol! what I saw was Harry try to do a fancy drag back of the ball near to the line only to effed it up, and in comes a hotheaded, rush of blood tackle from Cash, instead of clear thinking and standing up/blocking Harry, thus a blatant pen, so not cheating at all for me.

It was a penalty. Even the assistant ref awarded it. Harry was taken out from behind with the lad's follow through. I think it was soft as was the one awarded against Sanchez the other week. The new rules aren't perfect by any means but players now understand that any contact whether intentional or not will result in a penalty.

It was a penalty. Even the assistant ref awarded it. Harry was taken out from behind with the lad's follow through. I think it was soft as was the one awarded against Sanchez the other week. The new rules aren't perfect by any means but players now understand that any contact whether intentional or not will result in a penalty.

Harry jumped into the defender who anticipated that Harry would cross not jump over the ball and cheat a penalty as he has done before. This is split as a lot thought it was cheap and others are saying Harry was clever. I just hate it and although he is scoring all his diving is getting out of hand

Sorry pjones40, get over yourself, lol! what I saw was Harry try to do a fancy drag back of the ball near to the line only to effed it up, and in comes a hotheaded, rush of blood tackle from Cash, instead of clear thinking and standing up/blocking Harry, thus a blatant pen, so not cheating at all for me.

I suggest you watch again. I just watched it again and again ,Harry steps over the ball and right into a sliding block. There was barely any contact and Harry goes down like he is shot then when the pen is given his pain goes away. Yes there was minimal contact but all initiated by Harry. Most pundits and most people would say that he brought the penalty

Harry jumped into the defender who anticipated that Harry would cross not jump over the ball and cheat a penalty as he has done before. This is split as a lot thought it was cheap and others are saying Harry was clever. I just hate it and although he is scoring all his diving is getting out of hand
Look the penalty was awarded by the referee who reviewed it via VAR. Dermot Gallagher also agreed it was a penalty kick. There's 3 refs who by the letter of the law agreed it was a penalty. There's really nothing more to say on the matter.

I suggest you watch again. I just watched it again and again ,Harry steps over the ball and right into a sliding block. There was barely any contact and Harry goes down like he is shot then when the pen is given his pain goes away. Yes there was minimal contact but all initiated by Harry. Most pundits and most people would say that he brought the penalty
I most certainly have, and I still come to the same conclusion. Cash was a dip shit, rash etc, simple as that.
If you also look closely Cash's leg smashes into the bottom of Harry's right leg and thats after going through him.

I just cannot warm to Ndimbele ...I watched him closely and he strolls about like a strutting pheasant ...yes he has the odd amazing run or trick....but look how deep he was playing and as a supposed playmaker and AM he was doing short one twos with Hoj and not pushing on...he is lazy and overrated and does not put in a shift ....he needs upgrading to a player who really really cares and puts his heart on the pitch like Moura, and Lamela show. I would sell him aand get a player who consistently provides end product.

Those who think Ndimbele worked his socks off were certainly warching a different game to me.

He is a very talented player. But his work rate and fitness are two very big concerns.

If the club wants to progress Ndombele either has to up his game or he will need to be upgraded.

We can't carry him anymore.

I most certainly have, and I still come to the same conclusion. Cash was a dip shit, rash etc, simple as that.
If you also look closely Cash's leg smashes into the bottom of Harry's right leg and thats after going through him.

Harry jumped into the challenge. Most pundits are saying that Harry was clever and brought the penalty. Cash never tried to tackle just block the cross.

Look the penalty was awarded by the referee who reviewed it via VAR. Dermot Gallagher also agreed it was a penalty kick. There's 3 refs who by the letter of the law agreed it was a penalty. There's really nothing more to say on the matter.

I am not saying it wasn't a penalty because the ref gave it . I am saying Harry brought the penalty

I am not saying it wasn't a penalty because the ref gave it . I am saying Harry brought the penalty
Hard to say. This weather they fall down like they've just been shot by a .22 rifle. I've seen penalties given for a lot less so i'm a little surprised you're so bothered by it. If you're implying he cheated, well i'm not having it, for the reason given above.

Hard to say. This weather they fall down like they've just been shot by a .22 rifle. I've seen penalties given for a lot less so i'm a little surprised you're so bothered by it. If you're implying he cheated, well i'm not having it, for the reason given above.

I am not saying he cheated I am saying he played the game . He instigated the penalty and won the penalty I just don't like the way he won it.

I am not saying he cheated I am saying he played the game . He instigated the penalty and won the penalty I just don't like the way he won it.
I suppose many would look at it as a cheap penalty but i still insist the challenge was rash. All Harry did was shield the ball, the lad shouldn't have taken him out.