14/04 Wigan vs the club with a nice stadium | Vital Football

14/04 Wigan vs the club with a nice stadium

OnLoanfromEnfield

Vital 1st Team Regular
... Rotherham of course.

Who can remember just over a year ago when Lewis Price jumped onto Nick Powell's back and our enigma scored the winning free kick .... hurrah !

Still waiting for TL4E's match report from the November away fixture.
After Wigan took the lead through a Will Grigg goal, Rotherham came right back and scored via a very good David Ball goal.
The response from the team resulted in some of the finest football of the 2017/2018 season ... spellbinding stuff and Rotherham never stood a chance.

Paul Cook pre match interview

Last interview Nick Powell gave to the club. Always wondered why, asked on twitter and people said he just doesn't do interviews. Would have liked to hear from him a couple of times this season, but care more about winning games!

Given our undoubted class/quality and current form I think it's fair to expect to win any game at this level, and I do expect to win today.
Rotherham however, are capable of scoring goal and will try and win, and that means that the way football sometimes works, we might not win. I'm not sure I'll be surprised if it's a draw but I'll go for something like a 3-2 win.

Predicting a frustrating draw today whilst Blackburn get the three from their trip to the west country. Still think we'll win the title though.

Can see a good win today as Rotherham will come and attack us, we seem to struggle when teams park the bus against us and I can see us picking them off when there attacks break down! 4-1 for me

3 wins and 3 draws see us home.

3-1 Tics, but 2-2 won't be the worst result in the world.

don't think anyone would be delighted with a point, but if we do draw the title is still in our hands. over the last 20 games there's only a point between us and the Millers and they have a fairly mean defence in that period too. one saving grace is that they're mediocre away this season. it will be tough.

Yep sot on that pal cant think why anyone would think that a draw today would be ok. :confused:

I'm not surprised about that ................... but maybe it's just as well that no-one has said it would be "OK". Just possible........... and not disastrous.

3-1 I think the form we are in these last few games will mean we will demolish any team now for the rest of the season. UTFT ?

Get into the ground a little bit earlier as the parachute regiment will be landing into the stadium 5 minutes before kick off to give the match ball to the officials.
Also the Royal Marines abseiling from the east stand.

They were very physical and direct, quite difficult to play against. I thought they came closest to scoring and we never really looked like breaking them down.
We weren’t fluent and the only criticism I have is that given we are at two games a week and will be doing so for the next two weeks again, we don’t seem to be utilising the squad much. Today may have been down to fatigue creeping in and Powell didn’t move freely from the off, maybe Cook should have rested him.

Still, a last minute equaliser was a welcome kick in the teeth for Blackburn and with one less to play we are still in the box seat.

We got out of Jail today with Bristol Rovers scoring in the 94 Minute.
We were shocking in the first half, Couldn't string 5 passes together and why was Nick Powell playing when he's clearly injured?

That's turned out to be a difficult point, as I'd feared. I was impressed with Rotherham and my prediction of Charlton for the play off spot on another thread has now changed in favour of Rotherham.

No spark today, no one troubled their keeper but the Blackburn result is a bonus.
Morsy motm for me.