FFP charges? | Page 138 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

We will

£142m spent last year. Average amortisation over 4 years 36m a season.

Another 100m spent this season, so another 25m amortisation. But it's not, because £15m for Wood is not amortized. So it's £40m for 23/24, along with the 36m from last season.

£140m wages- has that come down? Maybe, maybe not. If it has it won't be by miles; £5m for Lingard and probably the same for Navas. But Sangare isn't playing for championship money.

Incoming fees- £47m for Brennan, 5m for Scarpa, 4m for Surridge, another £10m for Mangala, possibly rising to 25m

Yes we have another 23m to play with but we were 35m over last season, which effectively has to then he made up in subsequent seasons and that is what will kill us- the old, double jeopardy.

We might find out if that's a thing today
Everton will find out the latest verdict on Monday.

We will

Another 100m spent this season, so another 25m amortisation. But it's not, because £15m for Wood is not amortized. So it's £40m for 23/24, along with the 36m from last season.

£140m wages- has that come down? Maybe, maybe not. If it has it won't be by miles; £5m for Lingard and probably the same for Navas. But Sangare isn't playing for championship money.

Incoming fees- £47m for Brennan, 5m for Scarpa, 4m for Surridge, another £10m for Mangala, possibly rising to 25m

Yes we have another 23m to play with but we were 35m over last season, which effectively has to then he made up in subsequent seasons and that is what will kill us- the old, double jeopardy.

If we DO have another year on Wood, is he not amortized?
Won't make a massive difference I know, but it all adds up.

Have a look at the players they sold. Caicedo alone was £115m

Actually I think i read the other day it does not include the caicedo money. Not sure on the timing of McAllister as I think that was done early.

They made a fortune before caicedo with the potter and Cucurella deals to Chelsea. Just looked and they also sold Bissouma, maupay and trossard for good money in those accounts.

They do have Mcallister, Sanchez and caicedo in the accounts for this year.

I get annoyed with how much everyone creams over their model but they do seem to have the whole buy, sell and still perform thing perfected at the moment.

We will

Looking at last year as a benchmark, we lost 34.5 m which is inside the allowance.

We still have the 21m shortfall from the promotion season, which is an hinderence, but is offset by the additional 23m in allowances this season.

We have 40m in amortisation costs from last season carried over - the amortisation amount from the previous three seasons prior to that will be negligible.

The amortisation for the current season should be a similar amount, but that will be offset by at least 63m of incoming from sales.

Wages are anyone's guess, but assuming they are around the same, we should come in under the allowance.

If we win the appeal you would think we get the 21m back, but that's a big if.

We then move into the transfer window with a net amortisation of 17m over 2 seasons.

I have no expertise in finance so I could be miles off

Or they need to make the calculation as to whether selling MGW amounts to more than a 6 point penalty

Murillo is the better option
If we do end up selling a player it has to be Murillo.

As good as he is, he is still prone to mistakes and we cannot afford to let him train on the job.

Our fault defensively, and not just at set pieces, is organisation and the fact we have no leader to organise things on the pitch.

We defend as a set of individuals rather than a unit, and that has to stop.

We need a PL hardened pro who can get into players faces

Actually I think i read the other day it does not include the caicedo money. Not sure on the timing of McAllister as I think that was done early.

They made a fortune before caicedo with the potter and Cucurella deals to Chelsea. Just looked and they also sold Bissouma, maupay and trossard for good money in those accounts.

I get annoyed with how much everyone creams over their model but they do seem to have the whole buy, sell and still perform thing perfected at the moment.
It only includes the 35m from the Macalister sale. Caicedo was not sold until 14th August

I agree - let’s see what Everton get for a 2nd breach.
If it ends up at 3 or 4 points, I would take the hit and keep all the players.
Then fuck the EPL by spending another £100m in the new financial period under the new rules and pay the luxury tax
Me too

There needs to some urgent clarity around the rules for 24/25, and if there will be an amnesty for 23/24.

The best way out for the shitshow they have created will be an amnesty for both years, points given back and a new set of rules for 24/25.

As far as our situation goes sell no one except who we want to sell and to hell with the anti-competitive current regulations.

Get them in court if they ding us again. Do not sell Murillo or MGW. If we can get our money back + on Taiwo I’d do it reluctantly

It’s a model that works brilliantly. Until it doesn’t. If they can keep bringing the right players at the right prices then they will do ok. If they sign a few duds though…

Does covid year drop out of our accounts? We had little income but still played and paid wages therefore similar outgoings? PL clubs had £100m they could write off on accounts, ourselves £2.5m. Our losses will be significantly less if so.

The bonus paid for promotion I assume is in the wages bill thus part of the £147m. This will not be paid this or subsequent years.

Our income was £155m for last year. We didn’t make the most of sponsorship deals and maximising income because of the lateness in our promotion. I would assume our income is higher again. Some of the sponsorship deals maybe weighted upfront.

I do not think we have to sell a big name player to get inside allowed losses. We may have to sell to buy but that is a different equation.

The PL could also allow an adjustment of losses in line with inflation. This would bring all teams within loss allowance figure and deal with the big issue of rules not fit for purpose as a separate but urgent issue.

Does covid year drop out of our accounts? We had little income but still played and paid wages therefore similar outgoings? PL clubs had £100m they could write off on accounts, ourselves £2.5m. Our losses will be significantly less if so.

The bonus paid for promotion I assume is in the wages bill thus part of the £147m. This will not be paid this or subsequent years.

Our income was £155m for last year. We didn’t make the most of sponsorship deals and maximising income because of the lateness in our promotion. I would assume our income is higher again. Some of the sponsorship deals maybe weighted upfront.

I do not think we have to sell a big name player to get inside allowed losses. We may have to sell to buy but that is a different equation.

The PL could also allow an adjustment of losses in line with inflation. This would bring all teams within loss allowance figure and deal with the big issue of rules not fit for purpose as a separate but urgent issue.
Yes Covid year drops out of the cycle

We should still be able to buy players so long as we sign them after 30th June

Apparently the commission took into account double jeopardy
They didn’t manage to reduce the debt the next season and carried on spending. Double jeopardy is bollocks but if we survive I expect us to get either one point or none as we have actually reigned things in.