FFP charges? | Page 137 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

They have to tread very careful according to above along with lots of clubs hence the article,we have seen yesterday
How accurate is this ? Brighton made a £122m profit this season and £24m profit last season so those numbers look wrong !

Yes but you just know Man City and Chelsea won’t get any points sanctions. If the premier league had anything about it then they would abolish these points penalties now with an amnesty and make sure something is in place next season that isn’t grossly unfair and doesn’t do reputational damage to the league
I heard it's clubs (chelsea, city, newcastle) that are pushing for this. Makes a mockery of the whole sustainability and makes the field even more uneven. We need to use the wage cap and try and give more help to clubs lower down like the draft does for NFL !

If something comes in and no points are deducted going forward, while we might benefit from it i would still look to push the EPL to pay us money for the places we might lose from the points deduction. It's £2.5m per place in the league after all..

I heard it's clubs (chelsea, city, newcastle) that are pushing for this. Makes a mockery of the whole sustainability and makes the field even more uneven. We need to use the wage cap and try and give more help to clubs lower down like the draft does for NFL !

If something comes in and no points are deducted going forward, while we might benefit from it i would still look to push the EPL to pay us money for the places we might lose from the points deduction. It's £2.5m per place in the league after all..
United losing last night makes European football unlikely except in Mickey Mouse cup. They will lose millions by not getting Champions league and are already struggling under ffp. They will now vote for a change. Chelsea, Man Utd, Villa, Newcastle, maybe Arsenal. Rule change on the way in time for next season.

Lots of chatter about Forest needing to sell players before June 30th. Also lots of chatter about changing S&P rules in the summer.

Forest could sell MGW to find rules change and they didn’t have to or they could wait till after 30th believing rules will change to find out they don’t change in clubs favour, havn’t balanced sheet in line with present S&R rules or new ones and are hit with penalty.

As soon as season finishes some clarity is required or Forest once again will be dealt a bad hand.

Lots of chatter about Forest needing to sell players before June 30th. Also lots of chatter about changing S&P rules in the summer.

Forest could sell MGW to find rules change and they didn’t have to or they could wait till after 30th believing rules will change to find out they don’t change in clubs favour, havn’t balanced sheet in line with present S&R rules or new ones and are hit with penalty.

As soon as season finishes some clarity is required or Forest once again will be dealt a bad hand.
If the rules ARE changed this summer, all PL clubs shall still need to file accounts by the end of Dec for the current FY, as per the current rules.

If the rules ARE changed this summer, all PL clubs shall still need to file accounts by the end of Dec for the current FY, as per the current rules.
It will depend whether the rules are changed retrospectively or not.

A lot of clubs will potentially have trouble if the current rules and penalties are still applied to the accounts for this current season.

We already know they are changing the system for 24/25. I suspect and hope they will retrospectively change the penalties at least for 23/24

A lot of clubs will potentially have trouble if the current rules and penalties are still applied to the accounts for this current season.

We already know they are changing the system for 24/25. I suspect and hope they will retrospectively change the penalties at least for 23/24
I would put a large amount of money on, that they will remain until the end of the current accounting period, along with the penalties still being active to punish breaches. Anything other would be unfair. The assumption Forest will make, in the absence of anything different, will have to be thus.
If we feel we have to sell MGW to comply (personally I don't believe we do) then we will and should, do that.

I would put a large amount of money on, that they will remain until the end of the current accounting period, along with the penalties still being active to punish breaches. Anything other would be unfair. The assumption Forest will make, in the absence of anything different, will have to be thus.
If we feel we have to sell MGW to comply (personally I don't believe we do) then we will and should, do that.
The grammar in that first sentence :shake:

Or they need to make the calculation as to whether selling MGW amounts to more than a 6 point penalty

Murillo is the better option

Or they need to make the calculation as to whether selling MGW amounts to more than a 6 point penalty

Murillo is the better option
I agree - let’s see what Everton get for a 2nd breach.
If it ends up at 3 or 4 points, I would take the hit and keep all the players.
Then fuck the EPL by spending another £100m in the new financial period under the new rules and pay the luxury tax

PL ar under pressure from clubs to be able to buy not sell pre July. The PL also do not want another season dominated by deductions, penalties and threats.

Newcastle, Villa and Man U will all need to sell. Chelsea needs to sell as will Everton and Forest. Not what is required.

It would take incompetence on a Fawaz like scale to try and implement retrospective action.

Certainly with three Clubs currently in the dock.

You won't be able to move for writs.

If that is what they have in mind they must be hoping and praying neither us or Everton go down

PL ar under pressure from clubs to be able to buy not sell pre July. The PL also do not want another season dominated by deductions, penalties and threats.

Newcastle, Villa and Man U will all need to sell. Chelsea needs to sell as will Everton and Forest. Not what is required.
I am not convinced we need to sell

We will have the transfers of BJ and Mangala in the accounts and another 23m of losses to play with.

We will also be able to lose some money on infrastructure costs relating to the stand and the lease malarkey

I am not convinced we need to sell

We will have the transfers of BJ and Mangala in the accounts and another 23m of losses to play with.

We will also be able to lose some money on infrastructure costs relating to the stand and the lease malarkey
We will

£142m spent last year. Average amortisation over 4 years 36m a season.

Another 100m spent this season, so another 25m amortisation. But it's not, because £15m for Wood is not amortized. So it's £40m for 23/24, along with the 36m from last season.

£140m wages- has that come down? Maybe, maybe not. If it has it won't be by miles; £5m for Lingard and probably the same for Navas. But Sangare isn't playing for championship money.

Incoming fees- £47m for Brennan, 5m for Scarpa, 4m for Surridge, another £10m for Mangala, possibly rising to 25m

Yes we have another 23m to play with but we were 35m over last season, which effectively has to then he made up in subsequent seasons and that is what will kill us- the old, double jeopardy.

We might find out if that's a thing today