Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 14 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

I've mentioned on here a few times that I get to several burnley games a year so I'm comfortable talking about their squad.

Trafford? Big fat no. Granted he's still young so a lot can change but not for me. It's telling when the Burnley fans were happy yesterday that the championship goalkeeper of the year from the previous season, Muric, was selected to start. Muric is also young and homegrown. Great with his feet, very Ederson in style so will give you a heart attack but he is a good shot stopper. Tends to flap at crosses the odd time but so does Vicario and also this is an area where Trafford is extremely weak
He's only 20 so has a lot of growing still to do. It's a weakness that can still be ironed out because of his young age. Now if he were 24/25+ i'd be inclined to agree.

A bigger issue for me is Forster's mobility in such an attacking formation. We need somebody younger & more mobile, although i'm not denying Forster's a good keeper, far from it in fact.

Watched the England U21 game today, was impressed by a few players but the young lad Tyler Morton who plays as a six was one that stood out, going to be the next Declan Rice. He looked really composed playing in front of the centre backs and was pinging some terrific long balls upfield. Sadly he belongs to the Liverpool academy but is currently on loan at Hull.

I don't
Timo Werner! Sign NOW! Irrispective if we qualify for Champions League or not! At 15M he’s. Steal!
So was Bissouma at 25M & he's turned out to be a little bit s**t.

I'd prefer him to turn up the style for the remainder of the season before we forked out any money for him.

Lots of “Chatter “around that we are lining up a big window .

Now whether that’s for Daniel’s office or in the transfer market I don’t know .

Romano is spreading rumours as well.

Ange said a while ago he knows where we need strengthening and the targets have been identified.

That’s all good to know .
It will certainly help in our attempts to move forward.

Is Ange gonna utilise them though, or will they only be brought in to make up the numbers?

This is something we need to keep in mind. The number of players we still have on our books is crazy. We need to move some of them on in order to progress. The longer this continues, the longer the wait.

Forster, Whiteman, Austin, Spence, Tanganga, Rodon, Davies, Reggie, Hoj, Skipp, Ndombele, Gio, Gil.

You effortlessly get to double figures.

Forster, Whiteman, Austin, Spence, Tanganga, Rodon, Davies, Reggie, Hoj, Skipp, Ndombele, Gio, Gil.

You effortlessly get to double figures.
It's built to an unsustainable level because of the length of time some of them have remained on our books. It shouldn't really happen but there have been a number of events that have contributed to this anomaly.

Like Romero's were?

You can always improve you tackling, just by simply dialling it down a bit and staying on your feet...which will probably be one of the first things he'd learn in the Prem.

What I've heard.... Is that he is considered an "Industrious" player looked at as a hybrid Bentancur/Udogg type player, in this incarnation of AngeBall (We should determine a version number).

He has ridiculous feet, is a big guy on the pitch, seeing things happening/heads up player, and unselfish.

Here's a hilite reel that I think shows what he could bring to our setup/style of play...

I think he'd be a fantastic get. Real team player, and would def fit in with the Cuti-MvDv-Dragu-Lolo-Udogg crew. Some natural cohesiveness internationally.

Links have been around for a good bit.

:smoke:

Lots of “Chatter “around that we are lining up a big window .

Now whether that’s for Daniel’s office or in the transfer market I don’t know .

Romano is spreading rumours as well.

Ange said a while ago he knows where we need strengthening and the targets have been identified.

That’s all good to know .
If we qualify for the CL I have no doubt that we will invest significantly early in the next window, that will be Postco's 'reward' for a job well done in his first season, whilst ensuring that we have an all round squad capable of competing in the CL. If we don't, I'm inclined to think that we will be more cautious, and it will be all about who we sell before any further investment is made..