Alejo Veliz - Sevilla
Ashley Phillips - Plymouth Argyle
Djed Spence - Genoa
Japhet Tanganga - Millwall
Matthew Craig - Doncaster Rovers
Alfie Devine - Plymouth Argyle
Josh Keeley - Barnet
Troy Parrott - Excelsior Rotterdam

What's next for us? Do we finally sell Ndombele? Does Bergvall just get loaned out or does he surprise and break through? What are the key areas we need to improve? Will there be a surprise player leaving? Discuss!

I’d add Gil to the list of players to shift. He has undoubted talent but simply doesn’t seem to take to the cut & thrust of the PL. I doubt we’d be short of suitors for him.

Confirmed Joining:

Lucas Bergvall - Djurgaarden

Confirmed Leaving:

Eric Dier - Bayern Munich
Ivan Perisic - Hajduk Split

Returning From Loan:

Sergio Reguilon - Brentford
Joe Rodon - Leeds
Tanguy Ndombele - Galatasaray
Alejo Veliz - Sevilla
Ashley Phillips - Plymouth Argyle
Djed Spence - Genoa
Japhet Tanganga - Millwall
Matthew Craig - Doncaster Rovers
Alfie Devine - Plymouth Argyle
Josh Keeley - Barnet
Troy Parrott - Excelsior Rotterdam

What's next for us? Do we finally sell Ndombele? Does Bergvall just get loaned out or does he surprise and break through? What are the key areas we need to improve? Will there be a surprise player leaving? Discuss!

There is still a load of work to do right-size the squad in my opinion. 5 of our loanees are at a senior age where they shouldn't even be at the club. We also have Whiteman, Austin and Lyons-Foster who are more than old enough to have failed to make the grade required. Then you look into the 1st team squad and we need to make the right decision for our club and move Davies, Hojbjerg and Skipp on. That's eleven before you even get to Sess, Gil, Gio etc who all have reasons to be considered for departure.

So we could easily be thinking of an exodus of up to 15 players, and that barely impacts the current 1st team setup.

I'll be interested to see whether we make some U21 promotions. It would save the club a fortune if players like Phillips, Devine, Veliz, Bergvall can have genuine roles to play in the active 1st team squad. That gets us most of the way there to a full squad, with the other 2 or 3 major additions coming from the transfer market.

Work to do, but no reason not to be genuinely excited.

Can't find the thread for our youngsters so will post it here:

16-year-old Mikey Moore stats so far this season. Spurs & England

18 Appearances
20 Goals
13 Assists

There is a link to that thread in the Index thread. I need to start adding more to the Academy thread too. We've got some very exciting players coming through. Moore even trained with the first team this week. He's steaming through his development.

Does Devine push the first team next season too? It's a massive season for Donley too.

There is still a load of work to do right-size the squad in my opinion. 5 of our loanees are at a senior age where they shouldn't even be at the club. We also have Whiteman, Austin and Lyons-Foster who are more than old enough to have failed to make the grade required. Then you look into the 1st team squad and we need to make the right decision for our club and move Davies, Hojbjerg and Skipp on. That's eleven before you even get to Sess, Gil, Gio etc who all have reasons to be considered for departure.

So we could easily be thinking of an exodus of up to 15 players, and that barely impacts the current 1st team setup.

I'll be interested to see whether we make some U21 promotions. It would save the club a fortune if players like Phillips, Devine, Veliz, Bergvall can have genuine roles to play in the active 1st team squad. That gets us most of the way there to a full squad, with the other 2 or 3 major additions coming from the transfer market.

Out of that lot I see no reason to sell Davies if he is happy to be backup backup at LCB and backup at LB. He gets a bad time of it from fans, but he's similar to Royal for me. 100% commited and despite his flaws, isn't a negative to have around.

In the last few games I'm also starting to see growth in Skipp. I'm really hoping he can step up because I think he offers Ange a different option for certain situations.

Out of that lot I see no reason to sell Davies if he is happy to be backup backup at LCB and backup at LB. He gets a bad time of it from fans, but he's similar to Royal for me. 100% commited and despite his flaws, isn't a negative to have around.

In the last few games I'm also starting to see growth in Skipp. I'm really hoping he can step up because I think he offers Ange a different option for certain situations.

Backup to me means you might spend an extended period in the team. It doesn't mean you're happy to make a few 2nd half cameos.

I would dread Udogie being out for an extended period and having to watch Davies there. He wasn't even a good left back in a traditional full-back system. I dread to think what he'd be like in an Ange ball system. He doesn't have the attributes. Ditto with centre half. He doesn't have anything that resembles an Ange ball centre half. We are better off with the money in our bank account.

We can also keep pretending that Skipp is good enough. He just isn't. I watched him closely on Weds at the game. I cannot build a single argument for him. In fact, the much maligned Hojbjerg showed that he was a class above Skippy. Pierre's's not good enough either.

Not good enough for the next phase.

Yes there is work to be done, but (for me) not the continental shift I thought we had at the start of the season.
A few names have moved on, two or 3 new faces required, in the Summer to progress.
We can start off loading by that time.
Looks positive.

Regarding the youngsters.

For us to jump ahead of Barca in the race for Bergvall, surely we told him that he will be part of the 1st team squad next season.

Phillips has started very well at Plymouth and I’d expect him too to be part of the 1st team squad aswell come August.

Our midfield is going to be very competitive next season with Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr, Maddison, Bergvall and a summer signing all competing for 3 spots. As such, I’d loan Devine out for the 1st half of the season to continue his development with the intention of getting him back in January to compete the rest of the lads.

With CL football next season (hopefully) we will need more accomplished cover/competition for Richie. Veliz is a very good prospect and the next few months in Spain will tell us more but for me, I’d like to see him get at least another 6 months on loan next season.

Great points though Mutts. I agree 100%.

There will be movement come the summer, especially if Leeds bounce straight back up. Gil & Reguilon will always have their admirers as well.

My chief concern remains Ndombele. His bloated wages & lack of professionalism is weighing us down still. He needs to be exiled for good.

Besides getting rid of unwanted players, personally I think one of the priority signings should be a GK as good back up for Vicario. If he were to get injured we need someone that can slot straight into the team and push/challenge Vicario for the No.1 spot.
Yep, Big Frazer can't play sweeper GK to save his life, so we definitely need a young up and coming number 2 who has the required skills.

VDV can play there I believe, whilst not ideal, we shouldn't be afraid to let Davies go if bid comes in.
Davies must be moved on. We can't keep rewarding this guy because he is a good guy.There is a reason we had the 3rd worst defensive record in the league for the final quarter last year. He cost us plenty of goals because he can't do the basics.

Him and Hojbjerg need moving on. Nowhere near good enough for this style of football. But most importantly they need moving on as they have been part of the reason we have failed over recent years.

Backup to me means you might spend an extended period in the team. It doesn't mean you're happy to make a few 2nd half cameos.

I would dread Udogie being out for an extended period and having to watch Davies there. He wasn't even a good left back in a traditional full-back system. I dread to think what he'd be like in an Ange ball system. He doesn't have the attributes. Ditto with centre half. He doesn't have anything that resembles an Ange ball centre half. We are better off with the money in our bank account.

We can also keep pretending that Skipp is good enough. He just isn't. I watched him closely on Weds at the game. I cannot build a single argument for him. In fact, the much maligned Hojbjerg showed that he was a class above Skippy. Pierre's's not good enough either.

Not good enough for the next phase.
Exactly, enough of the sentimental crap, all three need moving on.