The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 103 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

It doesn't matter really if we went for Gomez from Liverpool and Ake from city some would still find a reason they weren't good enough for us

Reserve player aren't they.....

In all seriousness I'd love Ake but not sure about Gomez.

Reserve player aren't they.....

In all seriousness I'd love Ake but not sure about Gomez.

CB and Goalkeepers always get the most stick, I mean imagine signing Arsenals no 2 keepers, we've done it twice with Rimmer and Martinez and for us, they have both been exceptional. Centre Backs we've had from all over the place.
I don't think you can say he must be good or bad because he plays for a certain team, even Diego Carlos might be the Cascarino and not the Sheringham for all we know

Gomez has had a pretty long injury and the problem with that is, he is more likely to get injured again.
Ake is still pretty nifty on his feet, which helps him recover from the errors he makes.

As to the Ben Mee story, it did start off, once in the land of football journalists they all forgot that Martin O'Neil was no longer manager at Aston Villa.
There are several reports that we are no longer interested in Tarkowski, as if we ever really were.

yeah but in all those 138 mins he clocked up he did manage to score
0 goals.
He was quarantined 3 times tho so for far longer than mins played.

Who knows though with his liverpool connections he could be just the experienced striker we need ?

i dont get the Tarkowski thing.... never really rated him if im honest and dont think hes any better than what we have

If we were in for Tarkowski it would be done already, if he is faffing about with offers from Villa, Everton and Newcastle I feel like we would have rescinded the offer or given him a deadline. 90k/wk free transfer with a modest signing on bonus, we wouldn't have fucked around squabbling over 10, 15, 20k if we actually wanted him, thats my belief anyway.