The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 102 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

Unfortunately I think no matter the level a player was once at, once the motivation and the fitness has gone it will usually never come back. Bale should be avoided at all costs, yes he was once one of the best players in the world so he can still pull off a moment of magic or score a couple of goals now and again, but his lack of game time for several years now tells it own story. Madrid have been trying to get rid for years but to no avail, bar a loan spell to Spurs, which despite scoring some goals wasn't a rip-roaring success, just 10 league starts and they didn't want him back.

But why are we thinking that either, relegated CB‘s are going to improve us? Not sure about either, but I’d take the free one over Ben Mee every day and twice on Sundays if I had to take one of them.

Like being offered a free car, you take it even if you sell it afterwards. Tarkowski is a no brainer for any PL club

The Bale links are interesting don’t you think folks.
I think I’d prefer him over Suarez, 3 years younger, quicker and he doesn’t bite people.
Obviously he would have to accept a massive cut in salary, but hey Coutinho did.

Bale would be a joke signing, even on loan, he's not interested in playing football.

Sure Suarez is old but at least he wants to play,

id take Bale on a short term deal for a year, again the experience he could pass on to the younger kids would be immense, and hes still quality

I'd go shorter, I think his only interest is getting fitness for the WC with Wales. Realistically you'd probably have to give him 12 months but ideally, 6 months with an extension would be great.

Whilst we slag Burnley's Defenders and think of our own as superior they let in one less goal and lost 2 fewer games than us, in a side that got relegated.
So our superior firepower kept us up.
Not that that means anything in the big picture except in theory our defence who some think is sorted really isn't very good at all.

Whilst we slag Burnley's Defenders and think of our own as superior they let in one less goal and lost 2 fewer games than us, in a side that got relegated.
So our superior firepower kept us up.
Not that that means anything in the big picture except in theory our defence who some think is sorted really isn't very good at all.
That’s because their entire style of play is based around not conceding. Put someone like Ben Mee in a more expansive side and he’d be badly exposed.

That’s because their entire style of play is based around not conceding. Put someone like Ben Mee in a more expansive side and he’d be badly exposed.

I don't think they would their two central defenders are their best players , much as we want to hate them they are more than equal and probably better than our two.
Every single football team in pro football sets up not to concede goals first and formost even Man City, it might not look that way with some teams but it is

Even if they are equal or better than our two ( they are not anyway), we have just gone shopping for a CB from Sevilla . Why would we go down to the championship for players now?. Backward step if we are going to Burnley for players and would be a huge disappointment.
It doesn't matter really if we went for Gomez from Liverpool and Ake from city some would still find a reason they weren't good enough for us

I don't think they would their two central defenders are their best players , much as we want to hate them they are more than equal and probably better than our two.
Every single football team in pro football sets up not to concede goals first and formost even Man City, it might not look that way with some teams but it is
I don't see it. Make Ben Mee play a higher line and be more adventurous with the ball and he would fall apart.

I think Tarkowski would be ok possibly as he was at Brentford before Burnley but Mee would be hopeless at anything other than a backs against the wall, Dycheball type team.

Everton spent 30m on Michael Keane from Burnley and he's never really looked comfortable there. I wouldn't swap any of our centre halves for Mee or Tarkowski to be honest.