The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 105 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

When did James Tarkowski turn into the missing link? Not even on a free. At least Konza has room to improve. Costa and Bouba will shore up the middle and not leave our current defenders so exposed. So I would expect a better performance from them next season. I would go all out for a top goal scorer and forget about buying defenders who could not hack it in the season just gone.

I can see this being Emi Martinez's last season with us unless we improve massively. Olsen as a backup maybe but I just don't see him as a number 1.

I get the criticism of Olsen but ultimately the top keepers all eventually find their way into being number ones somewhere, so the ones left over to be second choices are nearly always going to be a big step down in quality. Even if we could bring in someone better, I don’t think paying over the odds for someone who’ll very rarely play is a good thing. Olsen has international experience and has played at a reasonable level throughout his career so hopefully he’s a useful back up addition to the squad.

Apparently we are about to snap up Sonny Perkins from West Ham who is one of their promising youngsters.

Who has demanded more money on his contract than Wet Spam were prepared to offer apparently.

A bit like Carney perhaps?...... or is he demanding/expecting more playing time in our first team.

Call me cynical........

Some Italian journo/pundit is claiming we're possibly swapping Doug for Moise Kean. Apparently he's not particularly reliable which I'm inclined to believe seeing as Kean doesn't strike me as Gerrards type of player and the small fact that Everton actually own him not Juventus where he's on loan to the end of next season.