Players coming in ... | Page 19 | Vital Football

Players coming in ...

Who's to say they wouldn't have been offered a one year extension at the end of the season to continue their development with us?

I think if the coaches believed they had the potential to be worth keeping they would've been giving them more minutes this season to help develop them and wouldn't have released them.

Grigg will be a good summer signing whatever league we're in, now was not the right time.

Most important thing is keeping hold of Joseph. Do that, then first port of call for any new owner is to persuade him to sign a new deal. Then we'll have our first big sellable asset for seven figures, which we can use to player trade again. If he leaves in the summer so be it, we'll get compensation and hopefully he'll have played a big role in keeping us up.

Obi wasn't ready for this level, but releasing him is a mistake/kick in the bollocks really for the sake of some shit journeyman like Wooton. At 19 years old, he has plenty of time to fill up and make it at this level if not higher. I suspect he'll have no problem finding a new club and may well be a player that makes his new club a lot of cash down the line.

Wonder what Gregor Rioch thinks about this? I'd be considering packing it all in if I were in his shoes.

Proctor striker from Rotherham mooted on loan
Is this guy 40.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamie Proctor from Rotherham on loan for the rest of the season. #wafc

Done deal

Joseph may be out injured from last week

I think if the coaches believed they had the potential to be worth keeping they would've been giving them more minutes this season to help develop them and wouldn't have released them.
I'm still adamant that these released players could've still made it with us in a year or 2.They could've signed new contracts in the summer and continued their development in the academy or been loaned out to a national League or league 2 club.I'm angry and frustrated that we'll never get the chance to find out. I trust the coaches but feel they've had to make a decision on their futures much sooner than they would've liked.

I'm still adamant that these released players could've still made it with us in a year or 2.They could've signed new contracts in the summer and continued their development in the academy or been loaned out to a national League or league 2 club.I'm angry we'll never get the chance to find out.
Nothing to say that we can't re-sign them in a few weeks if they don't get fixed up

According to Latics site we have signed Viv Solomon back again till end of season as he is close to full fitness and he has turned down Charlton
Sorry if this is duplicated

Latics have been able to acquire the services of Solomon-Otabor following special dispensation from the EFL, with striker Kyle Joseph and midfielder Harry McHugh expected to miss a number of weeks with their respective injuries

Last edited:
I'm still adamant that these released players could've still made it with us in a year or 2.They could've signed new contracts in the summer and continued their development in the academy or been loaned out to a national League or league 2 club.I'm angry and frustrated that we'll never get the chance to find out. I trust the coaches but feel they've had to make a decision on their futures much sooner than they would've liked.

It's sad for the lads themselves and you wish them well but if they had the potential to go on to be first teamers they'd have shown more than they have by now and earned more game time. It's Huge step up between youth football and senior level and the harsh reality is the majority don't make it.

As i say i expect every player who left would've most likely been released in the summer, the timeline has just been brought forward.

According to Latics site we have signed Viv Solomon back again till end of season as he is close to full fitness and he has turned down Charlton
Sorry if this is duplicated

Who said that? I've not seen it anywhere on official site.

On Proctor sure Leam sees something in him however he's scored only 15 goals in 112 games over the past 5 years with Bradford, Fleetwood, Rotherham and the nobs down the road - oh and he's from Preston.
If he's a replacement for Joseph or Lang imagine the scenes 🤣
Otherwise welcome to Wigan Jamie 😉

Nothing to say that we can't re-sign them in a few weeks if they don't get fixed up
True Kenny and in an ideal world we get them back once the takeover goes through.Although Jolley and Piggot have now got clubs and i feel the others may get snapped up in the coming weeks once the window shuts.

Proctor is a big shit house forward type that we have missed all season.

His goal scoring record is rubbish but as Kieffer showed last season and Heskey in the past sometimes just having the physical presence up front makes a huge different. He will do the running and battling for the other players.

I'm ok with this signing, it likely indicates Joseph is injured.