FA Cup - Aston Villa v Liverpool | Page 37 | Vital Football

FA Cup - Aston Villa v Liverpool

Amazing how a Villa Fan from Sutton gets picked up by the baggies, our academy really had lost it's way, I'm pretty sure he dad would have taken him for trails at the Villa before the Albion

Especially when he had enough about him to then be targeted by Barcelona, even if it was just for 6 months, I really think the lad has a future here, and it's important we keep the likes of Grealish, we could easily have a few more passionate Villa fans in the team that really want to do everything Aston Villa, it only bodes well for the club, and you're right our Academy has really stepped it up.

A good read on that site about Barry “Best 16-year-old in the country” when he came back, and for us to spend nearly 1m on him from Barcelona at 16 and a Villa fan shows we righted our wrongs in recruitment as I'm sure we would of known about him.

Barry's first goal for Barcelona... A few similarities to tonight's goal ?

Aston Villa's Louie Barry: “Best 16-year-old in the country” back in England after Barça adventure | Transfermarkt

When the time is right is the key point.
Let’s not go over board too soon and demand and expect too much from any of these youngsters. Its one match. Hard work begins for them now to sustain the level they have shown tonight .

Nah, he's the next Sergio Shearer, we're never wrong about these things!

He does look promising though, as did a whole bunch of them. I rarely even listen to Michael Owen but he was right about the fact that these lads should now know what it takes to be a top player, as they've experienced it first hand against one of the best teams in Europe. It's a rare opportunity for players to get an experience like that.

Hopefully a few of them have attracted some interest from Championship or league one clubs. Half a season playing professionally could make them very useful next season, similar to Jacob Ramsey.
Completely agree Ramsey only played 5 or 6 games for Doncaster before the season was cancelled and he came back ready for the first team. Some of them could do a job on the bench but might not give them enough game time to develop properly. Definitely shouldn’t let these talents go to waste!

Completely agree Ramsey only played 5 or 6 games for Doncaster before the season was cancelled and he came back ready for the first team. Some of them could do a job on the bench but might not give them enough game time to develop properly. Definitely shouldn’t let these talents go to waste!
need to be careful where we send them and make sure their development is progressive .
i was dead against tonight happening but its turned out really well, i feel like a very proud parent

I was convinced this would be called off so made other plans and haven't actually watched the game (which makes my match stats article utter genius!) but having read more now, I'm absolutely gutted I missed it.

Those lads deserve a late night to watch a film their parents wouldn't normally allow on a school night. Something like Die Hard or Austin Powers.

3 - This is a forum for discussion. That means most of the time, most of you won't agree. Most people will debate the issue in hand as befits a discussion forum don't make your threads personal. If you are unable to reply without making a personal comment about somebody's belief then don't reply and save us all the favour of having to read it. You can ‘attack’ a fellow members' point of view, you cannot attack them for having that view.

Just because you might not agree with something, you can't tell people not to post their thoughts, debate it all you like by all means.
I feel that it was an inopportune moment to point out a perceived weakness in a star member of our increasingly wonderful, but sadly temporarily sidelined first team squad in this thread, which had become a celebration of a magnificent performance by the young Lions. Where did I tell anyone not to post their thoughts - just show me that. Attack?:shake:

I was convinced this would be called off so made other plans and haven't actually watched the game (which makes my match stats article utter genius!) but having read more now, I'm absolutely gutted I missed it.

Those lads deserve a late night to watch a film their parents wouldn't normally allow on a school night. Something like Die Hard or Austin Powers.
InBetweeners i reckon. Burnley can fuck off !!:giggle:

Every one of those boys - and they were boys - deserved the utmost credit for their effort and endeavour tonight.

4-1 actually flattered Liverpool, who had to bring on Thiago, Firmino, Oxlade-Chamberlain to get the job done.

Immense performance by the kids, and huge credit to Mark Delaney and the coaching staff who brought them all together at remarkably short notice.

Revan, Rowe and Barry would not look out of place among the first team squad, and honourable mentions for Bridge and Sylla as well.

:utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:

Didn't see the game tonight but by all accounts the lads did themselves proud, that lead up and finish from Barry was something else god I hope he fills his full potential with us. Only seeing a very short of him it looks like he has a bright future

I've actually sat here thinking did we have16 debuts tonight. I know a few of the names, and Revan at least has been on the bench and maybe featured in a friendly....

But it just seems wrong they were all debutants if I haven't forgotten something massively here.

1-1 at the break, 4-1 at the end - that's phenomenal when you think of relevant experience, fitness and the quality they faced.

Last edited:
I've actually sat here thinking did we have16 debuts tonight. I know a few of the games, and Revan at least has been on the bench and maybe featured in a friendly....

But it just seems wrong they were all debutants if I haven't forgotten something massively here.

1-1 at the break, 4-1 at the end - that's phenomenal when you think of relevant experience, fitness and the quality they faced.
Yes, pretty certain they all made debuts. Remarkable.

Yes, pretty certain they all made debuts. Remarkable.

Glad it's not just me. I searched a couple of obvious names and even tried looking back in our archive briefly to see those who may have featured in first team friendlies - but I kept coming up blank.

I just didn't believe myself here - 16 debuts has got to be unheard of since the first games were played historically?

And they didn't get creamed. They must be buzzing and rightly so.

Edit

I will say they should all appreciate how well they did, but take it as a message and lesson of how much harder they now have to work. If they do that, we've got our golden generation, as from the clips I've seen, it wasn't a couple of players who made the difference....they each did their own.

Last edited: