FA Cup - Aston Villa v Liverpool | Vital Football

FA Cup - Aston Villa v Liverpool

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Diffiucult one to call as obviously we don't know who will take this cup seriously and who won't.

But looking forward to seeing us win and progressing!

I can't see them putting out their strongest 11 and it will depend on whether Smith decides to give it a go as it's probably our biggest chance of silverware this season.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the likes of Jack and Watkins were rested for this as we have a couple of league games over the following 7 days.

Yep....priority for me is I want points from Everton, Southampton, Burnley and if possible more...this month.

And we could get a win whoever we field vs Liverpool......like we bossed Stoke.
:jangel:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the likes of Jack and Watkins were rested for this as we have a couple of league games over the following 7 days.
Watkins really could do with a rest IMO. Not that he looks especially tired physically but he appears to be feeling the pressure mentally. A complete break (for this match) or a cameo off the bench would be a good idea.

I was thinking Klopp would play his under 19’s again, but I’ve just noticed they don’t have another game for 11 days so he could well field a strong team

Lansbury available ?
ideal game for him this one

could do with dropping the whole competition really with the backlog of cancelled games that will build up

Watkins really could do with a rest IMO. Not that he looks especially tired physically but he appears to be feeling the pressure mentally. A complete break (for this match) or a cameo off the bench would be a good idea.

That could be a good call. Bring him on fresh with 25mins to go just as they are tiring....he may get a goal and he would cheer up.

The month of January is pretty hectic for us, so unfortunately I can see us playing the Conors and Elmos, and as you say, Liverpool can afford to put out a decent team this time.

Don't think we'll go any further if that's the case.

It's a big prize these days with Champions League qualification. It would be hard to qualify via league with a relatively small squad, so I think we should give it a good go via the Cup. If we can get past Liverpool then it's up for grabs.

It's a big prize these days with Champions League qualification. It would be hard to qualify via league with a relatively small squad, so I think we should give it a good go via the Cup. If we can get past Liverpool then it's up for grabs.

Don‘t think so 63. No hoper league for the winner I’m afraid.

That's a good point.

Makes more sense to just go for it. Doubt we're in any relegation bother, so what's the point of resting players for league games. It will be interesting to see who plays.

? I thought it was Europa league? or have they changed it this season

Chance to win if we go fairly strong put Heaton in goal Hause in for Mings Elmo in for Cash Marv in for Luiz, Davis for Watkins, give Ramsey a start. Jack and SJM will want to play

All clubs involved in the 3rd round are being Covid tested this week. Be interesting to see how many teams have to forfeit their ties.