Middlesboro match day thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Middlesboro match day thread

Here we go again: it's not the hire and fire policy and short term meme generation, it's just that every manager is shit!
I agree with what Malta says regards the need to always play two central defensive midfielders.The more defensive you set out the more you will be under attack.We need to find the right balance between defending and attacking in my opinion.

Canr rely on players like dowell and vellios. No heart.

Wish the season was finished now. Will we even score again

Fair while since i last pointed out the obvious so here it comes again. We need to spend some serious money or just forget it.

I think what people have said is 'its not good enough' rather than 'the manager is shite'.

It's called reading
I think what certain people say repeatedly, tends to go In a circular patterns:

1) This is not good enough!
2) The manager is shit!
3) Produce stats/ proof to prove the manager is shit!
4) Call for the managers head.
5) Repeat.

It's called not understanding History!

Haha, manager who had us 14th "relegation cert", manager who has us 17th "saved us from going down, by taking us 3 places lower after adding 10 players. No way would adding 10 players help Warbs, who's previous 7 additions took us from 20th to 14th"

You lads don't get any smarter do you.

Still early to judge AK's performance here...but recent performances r not justifying the influx of players we had in January now...no goals in 5 games nd over a month since the last win...it is a bit worrying...before the Millwal game he used to complain about the lack of time on the training ground...now that he had more time on the training ground...performances have got worse...we r struggling on set pieces n high balls in the box...nd our set pieces especially corners r a waste of time nd rarely we r dangerous from them..

Haha, manager who had us 14th "relegation cert", manager who has us 17th "saved us from going down, by taking us 3 places lower after adding 10 players. No way would adding 10 players help Warbs, who's previous 7 additions took us from 20th to 14th"

You lads don't get any smarter do you.

How many are in the team now?

Or deserve to be?

His additions have either been shit or turned to shit while he was still manager.

And '14th to 17' is utterly bollocks. You weren't saying that a week ago when we were 14th-15th and in the same place.

Fact is, we ended with Warburton's team unable to score and unable to defend. We had around 7 games of utter shit but the rot was setting in well before that. His three key players- McKay, Dowell and Murphy were all collapsing in form and so we were and the bloke had nothing in his armoury (and nothing in his transfer wish list) to stop that. He didn't see a problem with having the second worst defence and got shirtty whenever anyone mentioned his disgraceful loss record.

Now, you can criticise Karanka all you want for not doing well enough to push on and progress.

But don't try to be such a moron as to believe that Karanka's poor results suddenly make Warburton's terrible reign brilliant.

This summer was the big rebuilding that we have desperately needed for years and MW fucked it up and has put us back years as a result IMO

I think what certain people say repeatedly, tends to go In a circular patterns:

1) This is not good enough!
2) The manager is shit!
3) Produce stats/ proof to prove the manager is shit!
4) Call for the managers head.
5) Repeat.

It's called not understanding History!

No, it's called reading.

If you overreact to a few people saying that the last two defeats were unacceptable (which they were in their manner) and instantly leap to the conclusion that they are calling for a manager's head then you are the one with the problem chap. Talk about a drama queen.

Why not wait for someone to actually call for his job rather than jumping the gun and thinking it makes you look smart/righteous?

Yes, one of the most incompetent and untrustworthy managers I have seen here.

The successor does not justify anything that Charlatan did

And yet, AK has been far worse since taking over, as the stats I published earlier in the thread show. If you are saying MW is a charlatan, what does that make AK? His first nine games, worse than MW's, and you were pretty much calling for MWs head already at that point, and his record since that has got worse. We lost more games under MW, but we also won more, his win percentage double that of AKs.

Let's be honest it is not just down to management.If we played only defenders and all the keepers we had on our books in the past 5 games I would have expected us to have scored at some point. As Woanz pointed out as soon as we concede first its game over at the moment.

Here's a statement I hope we can all agree on.... we are a crap football team and being a forest fan is absolutely painful!

And yet, AK has been far worse since taking over, as the stats I published earlier in the thread show. If you are saying MW is a charlatan, what does that make AK? His first nine games, worse than MW's, and you were pretty much calling for MWs head already at that point, and his record since that has got worse. We lost more games under MW, but we also won more, his win percentage double that of AKs.

What argument are you trying to have with me?

I cannot defend the results of Karanka at the moment and I won't make excuses. Maybe a couple of games ago when we were at least competent at defending. I might have pointed out that Warburton had a reliable goalscorer in Murphy and Dowell, and that both fell apart under MW (the former of which is no one's fault) and therefore Karanka's side has not had those goals.

However, 5 games without scoring is an utter disgrace that brooks no excuses.

That doesn't make MW a good manager. It doesn't mean it was the wrong decision to get rid of him. If you want to say that Karanka is a worse manager than MW, that doesn't follow that MW is a great manager.

And I never called for his head after 9 games and I would appreciate a retraction of that, as lying is far beneath a decent poster such as yourself.

Amazing how Karanka is “progress now going backwards” but Warburton - who was getting mixed results, but still an improvement on last season - is a total charlatan.

People are entitled to have their different takes on Forest managers past - but I can’t remember anything as bizarre or irrational as the hatred directed towards Warbs.

The real risk is not attitudes towards particular managers but the same rinse and repeat mentality - I’m not enthralled by Karanka but barring the threat of relegation, he’s got to be given the whole of next season to bed his methods in.

What argument are you trying to have with me?

I cannot defend the results of Karanka at the moment and I won't make excuses. Maybe a couple of games ago when we were at least competent at defending. I might have pointed out that Warburton had a reliable goalscorer in Murphy and Dowell, and that both fell apart under MW (the former of which is no one's fault) and therefore Karanka's side has not had those goals.

However, 5 games without scoring is an utter disgrace that brooks no excuses.

That doesn't make MW a good manager. It doesn't mean it was the wrong decision to get rid of him. If you want to say that Karanka is a worse manager than MW, that doesn't follow that MW is a great manager.

And I never called for his head after 9 games and I would appreciate a retraction of that, as lying is far beneath a decent poster such as yourself.

I did say ' pretty much called for his head ' not that you actually came out and said it. So apologies for that confusion. I don' t think I was lying there. You didn't actually call for his head. However right from the start you didn't want him here and I think that did colour your judgement on him a bit. Though I guess that could be said about all of us at one time or the other.
I guess my point was that you were much more vocal and much sooner than you have been with AK. Despite his poorer record.

Amazing how Karanka is “progress now going backwards” but Warburton - who was getting mixed results, but still an improvement on last season - is a total charlatan.

People are entitled to have their different takes on Forest managers past - but I can’t remember anything as bizarre or irrational as the hatred directed towards Warbs.

The real risk is not attitudes towards particular managers but the same rinse and repeat mentality - I’m not enthralled by Karanka but barring the threat of relegation, he’s got to be given the whole of next season to bed his methods in.

The hatred is mostly from me TBC, so I wouldn't tar everyone else with the same brush. I found him an utter snake oil salesman and the word Charlatan had been used by me and me alone. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me on that.

I will disagree with you on MW as well. By the time he was sacked it wasn't mixed results at all, it was disastrous ones. That wasn't even what got him sacked though, and you either have to respect the owners judgement or be critical of the new regime out of loyalty to MW.

I think I have been pretty honest and non partisan on this. Karanka wasn't my first choice but I have believed in him and backed him unreservedly until now. I still back him as the manager and getting rid could not be further from my mind. He is the first manager since Davies to have won promotion from this division and the first manager we have appointed since Megson to have won automatic promotion with a club in a similar position to ours.

But I'm not going to make excuses. 5 games without a goal is a disgrace. Given the situation you front I can forgive difficulty scoring but we should not be goalless like this. The stats speak for themselves- loads of shots, barely any on target.

The first half of the last two games is inexcusable as well. Both games we were buried long before half time. All any fan wants is to feel that if they go behind they still have a chance. 7 minutes in today I nearly turned the radio off because I knew it was game over. Fans last week might as well have gone home in the first minute. That was no better under warburton- I think we have won maybe 8 points from losing positions all season? And 6 of them were in the first few weeks.