Middlesboro match day thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Middlesboro match day thread

7 of the 11 that started yesterday were Karanka players...

To be fair we've also had more away games of late and finish with 4 of 6 at home.

7 of the 11 that started yesterday were Karanka players...

To be fair we've also had more away games of late and finish with 4 of 6 at home.

Some tough games too in fairness.

I think Cardiff are the only top 8 side we haven't played and we've got teams like Milwall, Villa and Fulham on cracking form.

No wish to join in the recriminations over Karanka. But the comparison of MWs wins, or losses, against AKs, misses the point. What matters is points. Points gets you promoted or relegated.
And this season MWs team achieved 31 points in 25 games ( or 57 averaged over 46 games)
Whereas AKs has achieved exactly 14 in 14 games (46 in a season; enough to be relegated with in many seasons). And 10 goals in 14 games is not much entertainment (especially when half of them were scored in one game)

Not good enough

Agreed (y) But still our resident bore like this style of football and is convinced we are moving forward.

Last edited:
I really think we are deep trouble. Brentford is a must win, but cannot see it. We are still in a relegation fight and it's not looking good.

Not scored in 5 games and from the games I have seen of late, I cannot see where a goal is coming from

Same shit, different manager

I don't think we're in trouble. A win and a couple of draws may be enough.

But our form is so poor nothing can be taken for granted. We haven't scored in 10 of our 14 league games with Karanka. Not good enough. A dysfunctional team....