Middlesboro match day thread | Vital Football

Middlesboro match day thread

It is hard to take Orbs. With Barnsley winning today we need to make sure we don't lose to them or we are back in the thick of it. Hate it when I want Derby to win but hoping Bolton fall apart for the rest of the season!

I don't normally do stats, as I believe you can pretty much twist them whichever way you want, but this time last year Pope gave us a week by week update on how badly MW was doing, worst start by a Forest manager and so on. Strangely he hasn't done the same since MW left, so here you go, as I'm bored and laid up with flu:

AK's first nine games: W 2 / L 5 / D 2 - win % 22.2 / lost % 55.5 / 8 points.
Compared to MW's : W 3 / L 4 / D 2 - win % 33.3 / lost % 44.4 /
11 points.

When you also take into account that AK had a transfer window and was allowed to bring in some exceptional players, and MW couldn't, that doesn't make good reading.

Overall stats:

MW : P 37/ W 15/ D 3/ L 19/ win % 40.5/ lost % 51.3
AK : P 14/ W 3 /D 5/ L 6/ win % 21.4/ lost % 42.8

In nine of AK's game we have failed to score.

Now I'm not calling for his head or anything, as I do believe he will eventually get us up given time. But all the rubbish about the vast improvements over MW's time here, is clearly just that, rubbish. I would agree that MW made some questionable signings and that on paper AK's have been much better, but results wise we have been worse. AK had a worse first nine, despite the benefit of a transfer window and his overall stats are also much worse, his win percentage nearly half that of MW.
As I said, I do rate him, but sincerely hope that he manages to put together a better balanced team over the summer, because at the moment it simply isn't good enough.

Watching on ifollow and we look absolutely shite.

Defence rubbish. Pantilimon all over the shop.
Watson and Colback anoymous.
Tomlin waddling around the pitch doing fuck all.
Dowell...dont know if he's done anything apart from getting booked.
Vellios, no service.

Lolley has tried his best but with the rest of the team deciding its an off-day, for them, its hard beating another team on your own.

Dearie me this sounds absolutely terrible. Yet another shite performance, no goal threat and the worrying trend under Karanka continues.

Nice bit of debunking there Hardy. Goes to show how much we accept a meme over actual analysis. I think the main difference is AK sets out to scrap for a draw and MW looks for a win regardless. And notable that MW got twice the win rate using an attacking line up that AK has basically discarded?
I agree that AK will get us success long term but needs to be given time. No more chopping and changing.

Time to look over the shoulder....basically we need to win 1 home game and draw. Will we score again this season?

I don't normally do stats, as I believe you can pretty much twist them whichever way you want, but this time last year Pope gave us a week by week update on how badly MW was doing, worst start by a Forest manager and so on. Strangely he hasn't done the same since MW left, so here you go, as I'm bored and laid up with flu:

AK's first nine games: W 2 / L 5 / D 2 - win % 22.2 / lost % 55.5 / 8 points.
Compared to MW's : W 3 / L 4 / D 2 - win % 33.3 / lost % 44.4 /
11 points.

When you also take into account that AK had a transfer window and was allowed to bring in some exceptional players, and MW couldn't, that doesn't make good reading.

Overall stats:

MW : P 37/ W 15/ D 3/ L 19/ win % 40.5/ lost % 51.3
AK : P 14/ W 3 /D 5/ L 6/ win % 21.4/ lost % 42.8

In nine of AK's game we have failed to score.

Now I'm not calling for his head or anything, as I do believe he will eventually get us up given time. But all the rubbish about the vast improvements over MW's time here, is clearly just that, rubbish. I would agree that MW made some questionable signings and that on paper AK's have been much better, but results wise we have been worse. AK had a worse first nine, despite the benefit of a transfer window and his overall stats are also much worse, his win percentage nearly half that of MW.
As I said, I do rate him, but sincerely hope that he manages to put together a better balanced team over the summer, because at the moment it simply isn't good enough.

Who’s would you get rid of hardy?